FOR SALE - LS1TECH Project SS - 35th Anniv. LE Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005 | 12:44 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Z51 is high on the list, but not a priority. 6-speed IS a priority. Those drilled Z51 rotors suck though, they aren't zinc coated and they start rusting immediately around the hubs and look like ****. I'm not sure why GM cut the corners on plating them.
Old 03-23-2005 | 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Z51 is high on the list, but not a priority. 6-speed IS a priority. Those drilled Z51 rotors suck though, they aren't zinc coated and they start rusting immediately around the hubs and look like ****. I'm not sure why GM cut the corners on plating them.
Yeah that sucks that they didn't plate them, but as I stated previously, the rotors are only one of the things you get with the Z51 option. The transmission gearing on the 6 speed and suspension upgrades are worth it alone.
Old 03-23-2005 | 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yeah, rims... here ya go...
http://www.corvettesofhouston.com/?s...3_cid=0&id=155
Old 03-23-2005 | 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dean-o
I don't know why people say you have to be old to own a Corvette? I bought my first one when I was 21, it was a used 69 convertible. I think if you own a Corvette you are fortunate. The Corvette has been representing the US in road racing for over 50 years and has a great racing heritage. The technology you see on the street cars has trickled down from the race cars. Good example is the C5R success leading to the developement of the C6 Z06. The Corvette has been an American icon for many years. Corvettes had IRS since 63 and 4 wheel disc brakes since the late 60s and true dual exhaust earlier than that. Even the f-body doesn't have TRUE dual exhaust. The Corvette has been the leader in American sports car technology and performance in road racing for years.
Tony will be happy with a Corvette, regardless of age. They handle like they are on rails, the brakes are awesome (large diameter and cooled), and we know what the drivetrain is like. So as cool as f-bodies are, I think Tony is long overdue to get a Corvette. Good luck Tony and I know you will be happy with a C6.
ps- I owned both and IMO the f-bodies are great drag race cars and the Corvettes are great road race cars.
Well Said Dean.