BP Amoco explosion.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How close is this plant to 1405?? God bless all the deceased and all the injured will be in my prayers.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:40 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what/where 1405 is, but I think this is where the plant is located: http://mappoint.msn.com/(k3xruv550cw...c+TX+77590|L1|
Old 03-23-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

it was a pretty nasty explosion. i shook the dorms at TAMUG. thoughts and prayer go out to everyone. alot of my friends work at plants.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the updates guys... I still haven't heard from him and can't get a hold of his family. I'm just gonna sit here and pray for a while.....
Old 03-23-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WS6snake-eater
No there are not 100 people in the hospital...there are approx 30 at Mainland, and UTMB down here is off the hook I would say about another 30 in the last 2 hours. UTMB is taking in the more serious stuff, but they are not even close to 100. It shook the hell out of our building too. Crazy stuff.
He is right channel 13 has reported that there are over 100 people that have been or are being treated in area hospitals, are they lying?

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the familes of the injured/dead
Old 03-23-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just to let you Texans know us Georgians are thinking of you.
Homeslice I hope you find your friend and he's ok.
I saw this today at lunch and I was in shock.
Homeslice keep us updated.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

I still am not able to get a hold of anyone in his family.... this is like a nightmare. I keep hoping he calls me back. I don't even know how to find out if he was hurt. Thanks for the updates and support guys.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that Josh is okay. He was off yesterday.

Melissa
Old 03-24-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

My brother, who is an engineer would have been scheduled to work the fields that day at that very plant. This past week, he was transfered to a building in the Galleria area. If he wouldn't have been transfered, he would have been seriously hurt or even killed.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Well my friend called me at 5AM this morning to let me know he was OK. He missed it by a couple of hours. He works in the next unit over litterally 20 yards or so away.. several of his friends and co-workers were not so lucky. He relayed some of the damages and they were just horrific.

Sad day. Thanks again averyone for your help and concern.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey guys this is a very tragic event and I don't know what I would have done if I was working there when this happened. My control room is close to the ISOM unit. We have allot of damage on the chemical side from the explosion. I am sure I know some of the people that died. I work all the shutdowns on the chemical side and most of the same contractors do the same. This has hit me real hard since I now have three little boys and I want to be around for them. So please pray for all the families that are involved. Just a heads up I can't give any details on what happened or names of the people involved.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Toxic Texan
Hey guys this is a very tragic event and I don't know what I would have done if I was working there when this happened. My control room is close to the ISOM unit. We have allot of damage on the chemical side from the explosion. I am sure I know some of the people that died. I work all the shutdowns on the chemical side and most of the same contractors do the same. This has hit me real hard since I now have three little boys and I want to be around for them. So please pray for all the families that are involved. Just a heads up I can't give any details on what happened or names of the people involved.
Man glad to here your ok Josh i can only imagine all the damage from this. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of all involved in this horrific explosion.

Homeslice-Glad to hear your friend is ok and all is good.

Again my thoughts and prayers are with all families involved-I have family in this same line of work and I know exactly how it can make you worry and feel. Just everybody please pray for all the lives that were lost from this.

Kyle
Old 03-24-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone that was affected by this tragedy. I work at the Nova Chemicals Bayport Plant near Seabrook and we had a major explosion in June 2003, but luckily no one was injured because it was in the evening. We have alot of maint. going on during the day and there were alot of people working around the area earlier where it happened. It is extremely dangerous when starting up a unit (thats when most accidents occur) and apparently thats what was going on when this tragedy occured. My prayers go out to all the families of the victims.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

I heard most of the dead were JE Merit employees.Keep them in your prayers.