Houston area C6 owner gets the criminal

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston area C6 owner gets the criminal

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/040..._invasion.html

I saw the report on Channel 11 (but thier website sucks ***) and there was a red C6 in the garage and a blue Trailblazer in the drive. Man this is scary ****, just shows why I don't let my kids answer the door. I don't have much sypathy for the intruder since he brought the gun and could have used it on the homeowner.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dam, suckes that some one had to die , because they had to steal.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

He cant go to jail for that can he, i mean did the guy actually come in before he managed to shoot the intruder. Yah its self defense but someone was killed. What a bad situation.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

If people are going to take a chance and victimize someone, then the criminial takes a chance on being killed.
No sympathy for someone that was going to home invade someone with a gun and victimize the entire family.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:12 AM
Mustang Moderator

I hope it was the dumba$$ that broke into one of our cars and another on my street sunday night...
Old 04-05-2005, 09:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by XtinctHawk02
If people are going to take a chance and victimize someone, then the criminial takes a chance on being killed.
No sympathy for someone that was going to home invade someone with a gun and victimize the entire family.
Exactly!! I will kill you if you try to do the same to me or my family. A gun is never far from my reach. I'm not blood hungry but rather think of it as helping them. Of course the other point of view is : it is only physical posessions...let them take it. However, you don't know if that is all they want.

Either way

Props to the C6 owner.

Brian
Old 04-05-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

o no, he will get no sympathy, I just hoped the guy wasnt going to go to jail for killing him, that would be jacked up
Old 04-05-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

That doesn't give many details of what happened, but I would think that most judges out there will view it as self defense unless the guy chased him down the street shooting at him or something like that. I seriously think people who steal anything should be charged with a felony and spend time in prison. I don't care if it's a $5 item. The guy here brought a gun to a mans house and tried to rob him, he deserved to die in my opinion.

If something similar had happened when I was young at my parents house anyone else in the house would have been shooting the guy too. Like Hagaar said, I have no desire to kill anyone, but doing something such as that warrents your death in my eyes.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4346502/detail.html

He may get into some trouble about this... I still view it that you can still fear for your life even though the guy was leaving. A few years ago a friend from highschool beat up a group of kids in the parking lot of the movie theatre for breaking into his car. The beat up thieves left and then came driving back around and started shooting. It left my friend and another guy dead. Turn out the 16-17 year old kid and his friends went to their car and got a gun after they got beat up for trying to steal and decided to shot the guy I knew and his friend in the back as they drove by...
Old 04-05-2005, 11:05 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Glad the intruder was killed. I would have done the same thing if I had been in the same position to do so.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:25 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Glad the intruder was killed. I would have done the same thing if I had been in the same position to do so.

My thoughts exactly. If an intruder breaks into my house, I will shoot him. End of story.

If he breaks into my shop and tries to jack with my cars, I will shoot him and drag him into the house and say our lives were in danger.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bdubb
http://www.click2houston.com/news/4346502/detail.html

He may get into some trouble about this... I still view it that you can still fear for your life even though the guy was leaving. A few years ago a friend from highschool beat up a group of kids in the parking lot of the movie theatre for breaking into his car. The beat up thieves left and then came driving back around and started shooting. It left my friend and another guy dead. Turn out the 16-17 year old kid and his friends went to their car and got a gun after they got beat up for trying to steal and decided to shot the guy I knew and his friend in the back as they drove by...
i know that kid... his sister( Tara Smedstead*sp*) was my age, and he was only a year or two older than us

no sympathy for the intruder... he deserved it, plain in simple
Old 04-05-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, Tara was is his sister.

http://www.legacy.com/houstonchronic...ersonId=769719
Old 04-05-2005, 06:27 PM
10-Second Club

I sympathy from me. That's why I have a .45 & not some small hand gun. If I shoot someone, I don't want them around to testify to all the wacko bleeding hearts that find ways to get people in trouble for DEFENDING themselves from the dumbasses that break into your home/business, etc. Pretty messed up that a burglar that breaks into your house can sue you for tripping & hurting himself.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Modsquad
I sympathy from me. That's why I have a .45 & not some small hand gun. If I shoot someone, I don't want them around to testify to all the wacko bleeding hearts that find ways to get people in trouble for DEFENDING themselves from the dumbasses that break into your home/business, etc. Pretty messed up that a burglar that breaks into your house can sue you for tripping & hurting himself.

Seems like you are more into the killing part than self defense.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:51 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by Rpm2800
So you are more interested in the killing part than self defense?
Did I say is was interested in killing someone? No I didn't so don't ASSUME I did. You must be a little liberal chump. If I am put into the position where I am forced to use deadly force, I want it to be just that. There are several cases where people that were legally defending themselves were tried & found guilty for some off the wall technicality that a survivor brought to court.

That being said, let me clarify so even a chump that puts words into other people's mouths can understand. If someone is armed & breaks into my home, I will use deadly force against them. I didn't say I was going to go on a shooting spree. I was talking about defending myself.

Too many people think this is some eutopia we live in, but most of them haven't gotten out of the white picket fenced suburbs to see what type of scum & trash are out there roaming the streets preying on the hard working honest people by robbing, car jacking, home invasion, etc.

There are different degrees of defending one's self as well. I would not shoot an unarmed person that broke into my house unless he made an agressive move towards me. Otherwise I would hold my gun on him & call the police. I do have 2 sets of hand cuffs from former employment so I'd probably make him put them on. If he tried to flee, I'd try to get a plate number or what ever I could but I would not chase him down or shoot him in the back as he is no longer a danger to me. However, if he would break into my house, he could break into your mom's or sisters. What if he just started off by wanting to loot some jerelry & electronics but came across an unsuspecting cute girl that just got out of college living on her own & decides that he's going to get a little something else on top of the jewelry. Don't take up for criminals.

I have been in & seen several fights & the one thing I can say is, you never know what the outcome might be. I've seen guys beat the hell out of a guy in better shape & twice his size so when it comes to someone that is already commiting crimes by breaking into your home, I'll not be taking any chances.

The only people I'm interested in killing are usually pixels on my TV or computer & they are all in video games.

Now, have a coke & a smile & STFU.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Mustang Moderator

The intruder made it into the house then they started fighting, the homeowner was able to overtake the intruder and shoot him in the arm. Not fatal(at that time). Suspect then got in his car and left. Crashed out into a pole in front of the Chasewood Bank on 249 after he passed out due to blood loss. Suspect blead out in the car before police and EMS were able to arive on scene. Suspect DOA, and homeowner was not charged.

Don't ask just trust me
Old 04-06-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Someone breaks into my house, they won't make it out walking. End of story, armed or not. Laws in Texas afford great rights to the property owner, which is how this country started. One of my favorite quotes from a trespassing warning sign: "If you are found here tonite, you will be found here tomorrow."

I don't go looking for fights, but anyone willing to break into my house better expect one.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

well I think he deserved it, I dont care if he is armed or not but if he is inside my house, yes he will be dead, nobody will mess with my family, they are my most valuble people that I have and they will not get hurt by some dumbass that whats to make easy money by stealing/abusing other peoples stuff., I would probably not do nothing if they were braking in my truck, I'll just call the cops, but once they step inside that is a whole different story...
Old 04-06-2005, 07:02 AM
On The Tree

That happened to my father a few years ago. Someone tried to break into our house and he shot the man, the guy died a few days later and the da tried to charge him with 1st degree murder. He got off because the judge said it was self defense, but the family tried to sue him in a civil law suit. Nothing came out of it but there's always a chance of it. On a easier note though only in Tx things like that is still legal. Most other states that's illegal and people get sued for it and they have to pay out the *** for it.

Quick Reply: Houston area C6 owner gets the criminal