Pulled over for no front plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PD's can give you a citation for no front plate. I dont run one and i have been pulled over for it more than once. I have not recieved a citation, however. I think it has a lot to do with how i handle the situation.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The front of my car has been backed in to so many times at school the fiberglass wont suport one any more since the bolt holes are torn. Oh well, my inspection expires this month as well. I dont care if a ticket can be dismissed, its still costing me money because thats time away from work, i.e losing hours which in turn means lost money.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Texas Transportation Code
TRC 502.404 Operation of vehicle without license plate or registration insignia.

(a) A person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway during a registration period a passenger car or commercial vehicle that does not display two license plates, at the front and rear of the vehicle that have been:
(1) Assigned by the department for the period; or
(2) Validated by a registration insignia issued by the department that establishes that the vehicle is registered for the period.

TRC may be enforced by any Texas peace Officer within his jurisdiction. This is a jailable offense. No, I dont have front plates on my vehicles.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS69TA
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but inspection and registration are two different things.
My bad, I meant to say inspection sticker. Sticker was/is valid, but he still gave me a citation.

santini, I haven't checked to see how much the ticket is for. I'm still getting it taken care of through some connections so...
Old 04-13-2005, 03:34 PM
10 Second Club

Ha, when they pull me over I'll ask them where to put it seeing as my bumper cover is cut out where the intercooler was once located. I keep mine in the front windshield. Warning do not ride in the passenger seat of my car b/c it somtimes flies off the dash and tries to decapetate you. Ask my wife!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

the same s*it happen to me but i had a 04/05 sticker the dummy said it was expired and i said look it is not then he said he pulled me over for no frount plate but it was in the window but he said it had to be bolted on the frount oh well i just got the tickit and went on my way go to court on june something
Old 04-13-2005, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

got pulled over by a statey last week for no plate, just a warning though...
Old 04-13-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't had any local cops give me grief over it yet. I was pulled over one time by a trooper and got off w/ a warning.

I'm interested to see how much $$ those tickets are....
Old 04-13-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

As far as I know.
Any inspection or registration sticker; you have until the end of that month before the sticker "officially" expires.
If it expires on the 04/01/2005, like the cop says, then why doesn't the sticker say "Expires 4/1/05".??
Here is my example Click Here
Even this site says your sticker expires at the end of the month NOT the first of the month.
I despise cops that think they know everything and that they are never wrong

Last edited by XtinctHawk02; 04-13-2005 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

trust me it's int here the code. most cities don't care. The bigger ones do though
Old 04-13-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I ran into a guy who had an interesting solution: He had taken a picture of his license plate with a digital camera, then shrunk it down to a size a little larger than a credit card on his computer. Then, he printed it out, had it laminated, and taped inside his windshield by his registration and inspection sticker.

He said that he had been pulled for no plate, and pointed it out to the officer who let him go with no problem at all. I believe that this is probobly at the descretion of the cop but its worth a try since there doesn't appear to be a location as to where the plate has to be on the front of the vehicle, so the front windshield would be a logical place to put one IMO

I don't have a plate on the front of my car and I usually have a bra on it, but I have never been pulled over either. If a porker did pull me over, I would be courteous but firm in that I would not be putting on either. Stupid law to have on the books.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Banned

I once got pulled over for no front plate and got a citation...

i was just driving along - a cop passes me by on the opposite side, makes a u turn and pulls me over...he comes up and tells me the reason for pulling me over - which was for the front plate not being in the proper location...i have mine on my dash. sorry a$$!!!

I took pictures of my plate on the dash, went to court and got it dismissed

Old 04-13-2005, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

i have a friend who is a cop and he told me like it is stated that on public highways so in the city there shouldn't be any problem. have never been pulled over but the damn dealer didn't give me the front plate when i bought the car either so i'll fight that battle when it comes.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:27 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z28 Z
I once got pulled over for no front plate and got a citation...

i was just driving along - a cop passes me by on the opposite side, makes a u turn and pulls me over...he comes up and tells me the reason for pulling me over - which was for the front plate not being in the proper location...i have mine on my dash. sorry a$$!!!

I took pictures of my plate on the dash, went to court and got it dismissed

I like the sound of that!

Was there any hassle, or did you simply show them the photos of it on the dash and they said that was fine and you shouldn't have gotten the ticket?
Old 04-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ACW
I like the sound of that!

Was there any hassle, or did you simply show them the photos of it on the dash and they said that was fine and you shouldn't have gotten the ticket?
yeah, a little hassle, just time...
on the first court date, i did whatever you plea to get a second court date - on the second date, when the judge called me, he just asked me if i had a front plate on my car and simply dismissed it. I was i bit surprised - did not even have to show him the photos...
Old 04-13-2005, 09:53 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z28 Z
yeah, a little hassle, just time...
on the first court date, i did whatever you plea to get a second court date - on the second date, when the judge called me, he just asked me if i had a front plate on my car and simply dismissed it. I was i bit surprised - did not even have to show him the photos...
Sounds like you got lucky there then, don't know how it would've gone if they'd seen exactly how your front plate is by the photos.

This whole 'front plate pickyness' is such ...