Anyone from Conroe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone from Conroe?

We're coming out there in July to check out the area and look around at houses.

I love what I see so far with the homes out there and I'd like to know how far we'd be from downtown Houston and the Houston Raceway Park.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Default howdy

i'm in the conroe area. i work downtown and im exactly 32 miles from downtown. hrp is about 60-65 miles from my house. call me when you get to town, my wife works in real estate. call alanna, my wife, at 9363219992. she can help you find a house.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Default howdy

i;m from conroe, south montgomerey county. you are about 35 miles from downtown and about sixty miles from hrp. if you need assistance finding a house to rent or buy, contact me because my wife works in real estate. hurry up and move and lets go racing.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have already been looking online and have seen some homes I am very interested in.

As for the racing...........OH YEAH, I will be hitting all of the 1/4 mile Texas tracks, reason why I need to be near one.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:58 PM
12 Second Club

I'm from conroe, but I recently moved to spring(17 miles south). I still work at the Chase Bank in conroe. Where are you looking at homes? The lake area is very nice if it's affordable. Then there's other neighborhoods around town that are super nice, and affordable. I'm just looking out for another member, I mean, we cant have you parking your f-body out in the slums. If you have any quetsions shoot me a PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

ive got a lakehouse out in conroe. prolly there like 20 days out of the year. ill catch ya out there.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AllThrottle4U
I'm from conroe, but I recently moved to spring(17 miles south). I still work at the Chase Bank in conroe. Where are you looking at homes? The lake area is very nice if it's affordable. Then there's other neighborhoods around town that are super nice, and affordable. I'm just looking out for another member, I mean, we cant have you parking your f-body out in the slums. If you have any quetsions shoot me a PM.
We will be looking all around the vicinity. I am interested so far in the houses that are in River Plantation. Some that are listed show Golf course or community pool/tennis~ in other words if there is any type of rules, association or restrictions I cannot live there! That is ALL we have in Florida and it sucks.

So if you know that area? Also, we'd like to be within 30 miles of the track. Don't wanna be driving 60 miles one way to go race.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

Be carefull looking in River Plantation as there were two major floods in the last ten years. Evacuation by helicopter type floods. Most of the neighborhood backs up to the San Jacinto River basin. I lived in Rivershire which is very similar to RP but without the low rated golf course and flooding. Restrictions are everywhere, worse in The Woodlands. If you're looking for a golf course community try some of the new neighborhoods off of FM 1488.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, flood zones are definately out of the question. As for ASSociations, I guess we'll need to hook up with a realtor to do the leg work for us. I cannot be anywhere where someone like a neighbor is going to complain when they hear a loud Fbody rev or 3 loud ones coming and going. Thanks for the heads up. I guess we have alot of looking to do. But closeness to the track is an absolute must. I hate Golf, don't need to live in a Golf course community, it was just listed in a few listings I saw.

What are some other nice areas even with older homes built in the late 60's mid to early 70's that are in non restriction subdivisions that are close to the track?

Hurricanes owned me last year, floods won't in my future!
Old 04-17-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Huntsville (college) which is 15min away from Conroe.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Launching!

My step mom owns a apartment locating and real estate locating business....http://move2home.com Her name is Reesa Beil .
Good luck jeff
Old 04-18-2005, 01:16 AM
12 Second Club

Check out Carriage Hills off of 1488. There are nice homes and the lots are large enough to keep neighbors out of your business. I really don't know what to tell you, your personal tastes are unknown. I mean, you can find a lot of places around here with absolutely no restrictions, but your trans am would have to be on blocks in the front yard. There's one thing about Texas, our variety. Go 15-20 miles from a city and you're in the country. Let me know.
Paul
Old 04-18-2005, 06:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will give you a hint of what I like. I am looking for a home that's approx 2500 sq ft, fenced, on a very wooded lot and within the price up to $160K. Ranch, Tudor style, brick home on an acre or more.

That's what I am looking for and both of my Trans Am's will be in the garage sitting on skinnies and slicks. Cinder blocks is what cars in West Palm Beach Florida sit on after they steal yo' bling.