West Oaks Mall/Westheimer Story

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005 | 10:36 AM
Teching In

Default West Oaks Mall/Westheimer Story

Wanted to share a funny story from a year or two ago. Some friends and I were out crusin' just having a good time and we managed to end up on westheimer out where county line is... there's a shell gas station there I think... anyway I parked my car on top of the levy or whatever you want to call it and we were just chillin' outside my ride when this ford ranger comes up to the red light... we're just minding our own business and all of a sudden we hear him start reving his engine. The damn fool takes off (which is to say... for a ford ranger... begins to move lol) as fast as he can hits the top of the hill and launches into the air... I guess he maybe got like 3 feet of air, high enough to hit his muffler on the road when he landed and it wasn't a low rider... much to my surprise it didn't blow up and he went on his marry way... its random I know but if you were there you'd be laughing as hard as I am now... BTW does anyone know if people still race out there... its always riddled with cops :/
Old 05-10-2005 | 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

That's awesome. I remember that jump...uh I mean levy. I never had the ***** to go that big though. The more I think about that Ranger the more I laugh.

Thanks for the random thought

Brian
Old 05-10-2005 | 11:01 AM
Teching In

Hey Brian how are you liking those PZero Neros... I just got some but I like the BF Goodrich KDWS's better... they seem to handle cornering much better and they're a little cheaper.
Old 05-10-2005 | 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

I used to have to wait in line because of traffic in the morning. At least one morning a week you would hear tires skreetching because people would take that hump too fast and almost run into the people on the other side waiting at light to turn green.
Old 05-10-2005 | 01:49 PM
it is on low boost

This is so funny. I had a friend about 8 years ago that had a Mazda B2200 pickup truck. He would jump that levy at around 70-80mph and get about 4-5 feet off the ground. One time he jumped it headed towards Westheimer and fell short of stopping. What does he do? He hits the E-brake and makes a drifting right turn but as he pulls the brake, his arm hits the right turn blinker making it look like he meant to hit it. When he comes back to get feedback on the jump, we told him what a good job he did with the blinker and he looked at all of us like we were crazy.
Old 05-10-2005 | 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HarrisCoRACER
Hey Brian how are you liking those PZero Neros... I just got some but I like the BF Goodrich KDWS's better... they seem to handle cornering much better and they're a little cheaper.
I like them a lot actually. I had some KDWS's on my Fox Body and didn't like them at all. I could easily break them loose in a basically stock 5.0.

The treadwear rating is 400 on the Pirellis and they seem to grip quite well. I wasn't really going for ultimate traction but rather an all around good tire. I think I found it. I will probably buy some drag radials or Nittos for the rear next time.

How long have you had them?

Brian
Old 05-10-2005 | 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

are you talking about when it turns into FM something, by the Kroger?
My friend jumped it pretty good in a suburban once, that was funny.
Old 05-10-2005 | 06:18 PM

I know where your talking about 1093@1464 is where a lot of use to street race back before they built that area up.
Old 05-10-2005 | 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Me and my friend used to jump that all the time in his Integra. We'd wait at that light and then floor it, but since it was just an Integra we'd only get going about 55 before we hit it . The scary part was always the landing, since we'd always scrape the **** out of the ground, we actually tore off his muffler one time, though we were going 60+ on that jump. Man, the things we did to that car . . .

Tom
Old 05-11-2005 | 12:33 AM
TECH Regular

You h-town guys are nuts!
Old 05-11-2005 | 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

We took an 85 cutlass off that thing at about 60mph a few years ago.. going TOWARDS the stop light though.... big mistake.
Old 05-11-2005 | 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

took a 97 mercury mystake up there towards the light years back and got some air

dumbest thing ever barly stoped before the light and if your not going strait and stay strait their is a gaurdrail on the right hand side
Old 05-11-2005 | 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by alexWS6
We took an 85 cutlass off that thing at about 60mph a few years ago.. going TOWARDS the stop light though.... big mistake.
Yeah we did that too . . . and got really lucky that the car was able to stop in time, no ABS meant we did a full-on four wheel skid sideways, barely stopping before the intersection . It was definately a stupid thing to do, but I can't say it was one of the stupidest things I've ever done .

Tom
Old 05-12-2005 | 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Squirrelmaster
Yeah we did that too . . . and got really lucky that the car was able to stop in time, no ABS meant we did a full-on four wheel skid sideways, barely stopping before the intersection . It was definately a stupid thing to do, but I can't say it was one of the stupidest things I've ever done .

Tom
ditto

earlier that night was even worse.

3 words: shopping cart bowling
Old 05-12-2005 | 08:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by alexWS6
3 words: shopping cart bowling

Tom
Old 05-12-2005 | 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Squirrelmaster