GM parts direct

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GM parts direct

Does anyone happen to know the phone number to this place?? I have looked all over the site and I cannot seem to find it...

THanks
Old 05-16-2005, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

i dont but what kinda part u lookin for ive got the hook up on parts
Old 05-16-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

sent PM
Old 05-16-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't believe they have a phone, something about saving cost or some crap, so you have to do everything through e-mail. But that doesn't matter, I think they would probably still suck just as bad through the phone as they do through e-mail .

Tom
Old 05-17-2005, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

i got a number for them, they are:

Flow Chevrolet
1400 S Stratford Rd
Winston-Selem, NC 27103-2902
(336) 760-7000

They are a fricken joke. Go to any large parts place like Scroggin Dickeys with the prices that Gmpartsdirect.com gives you and they will tell you those are prices like 2-5% over cost. No dealership would sell at a 5% markup for long. I am a consultant in the Automotive industry and the risk of problems (shipping, returns, damaged items) compaired to the profit potential at that level of markup is to slim. That is why they (gmpartsdirect.com) gouge you on shipping and handling charges.

It is the same strategy a lot of people on eBay use to sell stuff. Look up poker chips on eBay and they are buy it now price of 5.99-9.99 all over the place for good clay chips. People buy the item NEVER looking at the shipping cost. Then they charge $40.00 for shipping and handling for that 5.99 set of pocker chips. It is a bad way to do business.

The worst is that gmpartsdirect.com given you no shipping and handling discount for multiple item. You buy one sensor for $8 and pay $14 on shipping and handling, you buy another sensor and still another $14 on shipping.

Then they never answer emails and if you do call the number above and ask for the internet sales they send you to an automated recorder.

Just my .02.

PM Kris Jones at SDPC (they are an LS1tech sponsor) and let him know what your looking for. He is the best, will get you the lowest price possible and ship cheap.

HE sent me two cases of the Racer Log books and paid shipping for me to give out to some of my verious car club buddies and other automotive connections, all at no cost.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:19 AM
TECH Regular

ok cool, thanks for the heads up
Old 05-17-2005, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by B3Enterprise
i got a number for them, they are:

Flow Chevrolet
1400 S Stratford Rd
Winston-Selem, NC 27103-2902
(336) 760-7000

They are a fricken joke. Go to any large parts place like Scroggin Dickeys with the prices that Gmpartsdirect.com gives you and they will tell you those are prices like 2-5% over cost. No dealership would sell at a 5% markup for long. I am a consultant in the Automotive industry and the risk of problems (shipping, returns, damaged items) compaired to the profit potential at that level of markup is to slim. That is why they (gmpartsdirect.com) gouge you on shipping and handling charges.

It is the same strategy a lot of people on eBay use to sell stuff. Look up poker chips on eBay and they are buy it now price of 5.99-9.99 all over the place for good clay chips. People buy the item NEVER looking at the shipping cost. Then they charge $40.00 for shipping and handling for that 5.99 set of pocker chips. It is a bad way to do business.

The worst is that gmpartsdirect.com given you no shipping and handling discount for multiple item. You buy one sensor for $8 and pay $14 on shipping and handling, you buy another sensor and still another $14 on shipping.

Then they never answer emails and if you do call the number above and ask for the internet sales they send you to an automated recorder.

Just my .02.

PM Kris Jones at SDPC (they are an LS1tech sponsor) and let him know what your looking for. He is the best, will get you the lowest price possible and ship cheap.

HE sent me two cases of the Racer Log books and paid shipping for me to give out to some of my verious car club buddies and other automotive connections, all at no cost.
Great. That's nice to here. I just ordered a gasket from them. I figured they were raping me on the shipping too.

I ordered the gasket from them because only one dealership in the Houston area had one. It was up on the northside, so I guess I really didn't have a choice. Drive 80 miles round trip, and waste 2+ hours of my time, or order it from gmpartsdirect in 1 minute on my computer.

Hey at least GM still makes the gasket. Half the other **** for my 87 Buick has been discontinued. I guess it's aftermarket quality parts from here on out. Oh, the joy!
Old 05-17-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ross87t
Great. That's nice to here. I just ordered a gasket from them. I figured they were raping me on the shipping too.

I ordered the gasket from them because only one dealership in the Houston area had one. It was up on the northside, so I guess I really didn't have a choice. Drive 80 miles round trip, and waste 2+ hours of my time, or order it from gmpartsdirect in 1 minute on my computer.

Hey at least GM still makes the gasket. Half the other **** for my 87 Buick has been discontinued. I guess it's aftermarket quality parts from here on out. Oh, the joy!
Yeah, I did the same thing when the closest dealer that had the part I needed was in Pasadena, spent a couple minutes on gmpartsdirect.com and had the thing ordered. Then I spent 3 weeks waiting for them to send the part, kept e-mailing them because they said I should have gotten it in 3-4 business days, never getting a response until a month had passed. Then they finally sent out the part with no explaination of why it took so long, and when I got it, it was only half of what I ordered (apparently what they had listed on the site was changed and the parts were split and given two different part numbers, they just never updated the site showing that I would have to buy both to get the full assembly, and the dealer I talked to also failed to mention that ). So ended up wasting over a month (and borrowing cars at the same time since the truck was down too ) waiting for parts that I thought I got a good deal on (turns out they were almost the same price from the dealer after gmpartsdirect's $23 shipping charge for a 10 oz. part ) and when I went to Beck&Masten they got me the parts I needed from the other dealer that same day, and sold them to me at cost.

Lesson learned, find a good dealer that can get you the parts you need (without charging you beforehand) and go through them and avoid the shipping crap.

Tom
Old 05-17-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Squirrelmaster
Lesson learned, find a good dealer that can get you the parts you need (without charging you beforehand) and go through them and avoid the shipping crap.

Tom
Yep. Ron Carter usually gets me any part I need. Even if they don't have it in stock, they will have it delivered, but I work in Texas City now, and the parts place over here doesn't seem to do that, and I wasn't going to have a chance to go by Ron Carter for another week or so, so I just ordered it from gmpartsdirect. It did take close to a week to get here, and it was $11 for basic ground shipping. The gasket might have weighed 2 oz. It was an upper intake gasket (between intake and upper plenum). about 3"x5".
They shipped it in a box that you could have fit a starter in.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ross87t
Yep. Ron Carter usually gets me any part I need. Even if they don't have it in stock, they will have it delivered, but I work in Texas City now, and the parts place over here doesn't seem to do that, and I wasn't going to have a chance to go by Ron Carter for another week or so, so I just ordered it from gmpartsdirect. It did take close to a week to get here, and it was $11 for basic ground shipping. The gasket might have weighed 2 oz. It was an upper intake gasket (between intake and upper plenum). about 3"x5".
They shipped it in a box that you could have fit a starter in.
Yeah, I got a box that was bigger than the box my HD's fuel pump came in (full assembly plus the fuel level float, about 1 1/2 feet long and 6 inches wide) and the part was only half an inch thick and 4 inches long .

That sucks about parts departments in Texas City. I may end up in that part of town sometime next year, so that's not what I want to hear .

Tom