Russell wins #8 Street Fighter but refused his winnings at CLOBBERTHON!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Fiery Features Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like they already pick the winners before the race begins. Are you sure the whole thing isn't just set up? Sounds kinda fishy to me! Then again... it doesn't surprise me! I have heard so many different stories about what goes on there. Although it hasn't been confirmed, it sounds like you aren't the only one that has run into this problem. Apparently there is a long story as to why this event is no longer held at HRP. Again, I am just telling you what I have heard....
Old 05-22-2005, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zangel
Sounds like they already pick the winners before the race begins. Are you sure the whole thing isn't just set up? Sounds kinda fishy to me! Then again... it doesn't surprise me! I have heard so many different stories about what goes on there. Although it hasn't been confirmed, it sounds like you aren't the only one that has run into this problem. Apparently there is a long story as to why this event is no longer held at HRP. Again, I am just telling you what I have heard....
I think you're right Zangel, I thinks it's just a way for Joe and his buddies to make some extra dough, for their racing hobby. When your out there you can see who he hangs out with and pulls for, and it seems they win one way or another.....
Old 05-22-2005, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

i notice a whole lot of sand-baggin last night in allmost every class.the white mustang says yall broke out and so does everyone ive talked to but you.with the mph difference the way it was im not saying yall are liars but somethings wrong.
people love joes show until they break out or sand bag.im with turbo rob if you dont like it dont come.......sorry you feel you've been cheated
Old 05-22-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Why do you guys continue to go to his races?????

This is the 100 Million dollar question!

If I have anymore influence over the current owner, I know at least one car that will NEVER be seen at one of his shows.

Larry, I sure hate to hear this happened to you, and your son. It's pure BS.

For you guys thinking Larry screwed up, your crazy! Larry has been racing for years, and been a permanent fixture out at the tracks for a LONG time. I think he knows his way around the staging lanes. Probably more than most.

On the other hand ... This isn't the first time we've heard of bs stuff like this happening at the clobberthons,and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I've known Larry and Russell for several years now. This Father/Son team is one of THE most honest group of guys, and two diehard sportsman drag racing participants. This isn't their first rodeo, these guys have been racing almost weekly for as long as I have known them.

I think Joe fucked up and paid his buddy by accident, and is now making up excuses to cover his ***. If the stories he claims are true, he should have no problem with these guys discussing these issues on his site. By him banning/deleting/editing these complaints, it shows GUILT.

Pay the man Joe! Quit making up rules as you go.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:42 PM

Hey Joe----------->
Old 05-22-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** JOE GOLDEN!

i hate his redneck ***.

i'm gonna figure out how much it costs to put on an event and start doing my own races where decent people organize it.

anyone want it to be "heads up" bracket style with dial in or what? there's too much drama with the class system with sand bagging and what not.

Last edited by thegreenbullitt; 05-22-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks guys all for your support. If I'm wrong then I will admit it and accept the loss. But so far I don't see why Russell should not be paid for his win. He did everthing he was suppose to do and was told to do. There was no mention of a disqualification. Joe and his helpers made a mistake and should pay up!
Old 05-22-2005, 10:21 PM
LS1 Tech Administrator

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry to hear about the problems Larry. Glad to see Russell is kicking *** though!

2013 Corvette Grand Sport A6 LME forged 416, Greg Good ported TFS 255 LS3 heads, 222/242 .629"/.604" 121LSA Pat G blower cam, ARH 1 7/8" headers, ESC Novi 1500 Supercharger w/8 rib direct drive conversion, 747rwhp/709rwtq on 93 octane, 801rwhp/735rwtq on race fuel, 10.1 @ 147.25mph 1/4 mile, 174.7mph Half Mile.
2016 Corvette Z51 M7 Magnuson Heartbeat 2300 supercharger, TSP LT headers, Pat G tuned, 667rwhp, 662rwtq, 191mph TX Mile.
2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L, A6, AFR 230v2 heads. 506rwhp/442rwtq. 11.413 @ 121.29mph 1/4 mile, 168.7mph TX Mile
2000 Pewter Ram Air Trans Am M6 heads/cam 508 rwhp/445 rwtq SAE, 183.092 TX Mile
2022 Cadillac Escalade 6.2L A10 S&B CAI, Corsa catback.
2023 Corvette 3LT Z51 soon to be modified.
Custom LSX tuning in person or via email press here.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Regular

im not defending anybody or can care less, but i watched that class, due to having a friend running in it, and could clearly see he "russell" was sand bagging. that was the reason for the DQ.

Tiff no offence, but must of heard wrong, there will be a clobberthon at HRP in the next month or so.

Rob
Old 05-23-2005, 02:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Larry
Here's the real Clobberthon 15 #8 champion:

I was thinking why the hell does that car look so funny, then I realized that it had non skinnies up front.
Originally Posted by thegreenbullitt
i'm gonna figure out how much it costs to put on an event and start doing my own races where decent people organize it.
Honest black people like me lol
Old 05-23-2005, 06:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by robv910
i watched that class, due to having a friend running in it, and could clearly see he "russell" was sand bagging. that was the reason for the DQ.
Rob
How can you make a statement like that without having seen the time slip? Have you not read the previous replies in this post?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Fiery Features Director

Tiff no offence, but must of heard wrong, there will be a clobberthon at HRP in the next month or so.

Rob
None taken. As I said, that is what I heard... not confirmed.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Not Defending anyone here, it sucks Larry you and your son got the **** end of the stick.....But JOE GOLDEN puts on the events like it or not he is the only one to draw that LARGE of a crowd. People can bitch and bitch on how much they hate Joe, but it ain't changing the fact he puts on the largest races with the most payouts. And thats what brings the bad *** cars out.

Like what it was posted earlier- If you don't like Joe then don't support his events.(only way to make your own statement)

Brandon
Old 05-23-2005, 07:40 AM

Old 05-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Larry
You got to be kidding! Russell had no idea who the current King was. Russell doesn't even have a working computer. You are saying if you don't visit web sites that you can't enter a fair race?
No,
I'm NOT kidding and
Thats not what I said. That's what YOU said. Don't put words into my mouth, please.

I am saying because you let Russell keep his head in the sand, and not even inquire as to whom he will be racing, it looks, once again, like the mistake was on YA'LLS end.

How the hell do you sit there for 20-30 minutes in the staging lanes and not even ask anyone who you are supposed to race?

How does GREG MILLER make , not 1, but 2 passes within that same 30 minutes, be announced as the CURRENT #8 STREET KING, and ya'll NOT NOTICE what's going on?
YES,
He made 2 passes. The first was a test pass, and he hot lapped it and came right back to the lanes and ran the white mustang.
THAT race was also announced as the FINALS for the #8 STREET KING..........
Like I said earlier,
YOU are ultimately responsible for what YOU let happen to YOU........

Larry and Russell,
I personally have NO bitch with either of you. I don't even know either of you, NOR am I taking sides with Joe.
Like I said, he's a big boy, he can take care of himself.
I am just stating MY opinion, for what it's worth, or NOT worth.

I don't blame you, if I feel that , i'd be pissed too.

I just don't see it the same way that you do.

Here's another thing,
The Clobberthons are a knock off of street racing.
You wouldn't be the first ones to get screwed on the street.

Joe's show, Joe's rules.
Support him......................or NOT.
The choice is yours.

Like I said,
I don't want to argue,
This is JUST my opinion.

Oh yeah, but there IS 1 thing!!!

I saw the race with Russell and the white mustang, from about 400' out.
Russell let WAY out of the gas, it was REAL obvious!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Old 05-23-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

What part of Sandbagging do you not understand? I raced the cheater and he was caught like a catfish! That is why he didn't run the #8 king. When I ran the cheater he got me off the line and was in front the entire run. He then let out way before the finish line. He ran a 7.38 at 87mph and I ran a 7.35 at 94mph. How can he have run an honest race when he was in front of me but yet he only went 87mph to my 94. That is a perfect example of sandbagging. Am I right or wrong? Please answer? When pulling back to the trailer people were coming up to me telling me that was bullshit and I need to show Joe the timeslip. Must have been obvious that other people behind the staging line saw it as well. So I went and showed Joe the timeslip and the cheater was DQ'ed. Joe then told Greg (#8 king) that the cheater was DQ'ed and me and Greg went to the lanes to line up. We then raced and Greg won by .03.

Please do go to HRP or LRP cause it is people like you that ruin it for the 10 other honest people trying to have fun!

THIS IS A MSG, FROM THE GUY RUSSELL RACED IN THE SEMI'S
Old 05-23-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2 Windows
No,
I'm NOT kidding and
Thats not what I said. That's what YOU said. Don't put words into my mouth, please.

I am saying because you let Russell keep his head in the sand, and not even inquire as to whom he will be racing, it looks, once again, like the mistake was on YA'LLS end.

How the hell do you sit there for 20-30 minutes in the staging lanes and not even ask anyone who you are supposed to race?

How does GREG MILLER make , not 1, but 2 passes within that same 30 minutes, be announced as the CURRENT #8 STREET KING, and ya'll NOT NOTICE what's going on?
YES,
He made 2 passes. The first was a test pass, and he hot lapped it and came right back to the lanes and ran the white mustang.
THAT race was also announced as the FINALS for the #8 STREET KING..........
Like I said earlier,
YOU are ultimately responsible for what YOU let happen to YOU........

Larry and Russell,
I personally have NO bitch with either of you. I don't even know either of you, NOR am I taking sides with Joe.
Like I said, he's a big boy, he can take care of himself.
I am just stating MY opinion, for what it's worth, or NOT worth.

I don't blame you, if I feel that , i'd be pissed too.

I just don't see it the same way that you do.

Here's another thing,
The Clobberthons are a knock off of street racing.
You wouldn't be the first ones to get screwed on the street.

Joe's show, Joe's rules.
Support him......................or NOT.
The choice is yours.

Like I said,
I don't want to argue,
This is JUST my opinion.

Oh yeah, but there IS 1 thing!!!

I saw the race with Russell and the white mustang, from about 400' out.
Russell let WAY out of the gas, it was REAL obvious!!!
Ridiculous post not worthy of a reply....
Old 05-23-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

What part of Sandbagging do you not understand? I raced the cheater and he was caught like a catfish! That is why he didn't run the #8 king. When I ran the cheater he got me off the line and was in front the entire run. He then let out way before the finish line. He ran a 7.38 at 87mph and I ran a 7.35 at 94mph. How can he have run an honest race when he was in front of me but yet he only went 87mph to my 94. That is a perfect example of sandbagging. Am I right or wrong? Please answer? When pulling back to the trailer people were coming up to me telling me that was bullshit and I need to show Joe the timeslip. Must have been obvious that other people behind the staging line saw it as well. So I went and showed Joe the timeslip and the cheater was DQ'ed. Joe then told Greg (#8 king) that the cheater was DQ'ed and me and Greg went to the lanes to line up. We then raced and Greg won by .03.

Please do go to HRP or LRP cause it is people like you that ruin it for the 10 other honest people trying to have fun!

THIS IS A MSG, FROM THE GUY RUSSELL RACED IN THE SEMI'S
THIS IS A MSG, TO THE GUY RUSSELL RACED IN THE SEMI'S
Why not take a look at your time slip before letting your mouth run. Did you see your reaction verses Russell's? Did you hear what was said at the drivers meeting? Russell was within the rules.

Poor looser!

Quick Reply: Russell wins #8 Street Fighter but refused his winnings at CLOBBERTHON!