Moral Delimma

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO, the only reason he would get mad at you is out of jealousy.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Launching!

So the date was awkward, awkward but good. We went out to dinner, had a good time. Decided to meet up with some friends, out of the circle friends, at a hole in the wall bar. Well, who should end up there? The ex, and a girl I *cough* got to know last summer. I don't think the girl I was with knew anything about the other girl, so I didn't mention anything. I talked to her ex, he was cool with everything. It was still weird though, I noticed him looking over at us alot. Needless to say, we didn't stay long. All in all, it turned out alright. Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

was the ex with the girl you got to know last summer, if she was then he's doing the same thing your doing and he can't get mad at that.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I for one am completely against the whole "being friends after splitting up thing." Especially if it was a sexual relationship. It just never works out. If she is still "friends" with him, and they have been sexaully active in the past, they will bone again, it's just a matter of oppurtunity. Have no doubt about that. It's just the way it works. When a guy and girl split up, then they need to split up for good. Just my .02. In anycase, I guess I'm just saying don't get too wrapped up into her, if she is still "hanging" with him. You will get burned in the long run, and I'm sure some most of the guys here on the board will back me up on this.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6snake-eater
I for one am completely against the whole "being friends after splitting up thing." Especially if it was a sexual relationship. It just never works out. If she is still "friends" with him, and they have been sexaully active in the past, they will bone again, it's just a matter of oppurtunity. Have no doubt about that. It's just the way it works. When a guy and girl split up, then they need to split up for good. Just my .02. In anycase, I guess I'm just saying don't get too wrapped up into her, if she is still "hanging" with him. You will get burned in the long run, and I'm sure some most of the guys here on the board will back me up on this.
No, the ex and the girl I "know" came with a small group of people. I don't think they were together, I really didn't ask though. I chose this bar because I've never been there, and it is a hole in the wall bar. What are the chances that they would be there too?
I agree with you 100%. I am not friends with any of the girls I have dated. You may lose the attraction, but it's still confortable if you get with them again. They called off everything, friendship and all. They said hi, but after that she walked off to catch up with me.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool...well it sounds like you two should get to know each other better. I personally think that it would still be a cool idea to talk to the exboyfriend, and get his thoughts on everything though seeing as how the two of you share mutual friends. If everyone treats it like a grownup relationship, then everything should be fine. Good luck.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

you both are not married!! alls fair In love & war!!
Old 05-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Launching!

Oh, I'm married. This is just a little side action. Yeah, when I talked to the ex he said it was cool and that she had already told him that she wanted to give me a try and that they should probably not associate anymore.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:42 AM
TECH Regular

That's a touchy situation. Either way, you have a chance of losing. If you go for the girl, your firend may get mad. If you don't take the girl, you risk losing out on a potentially good relationship.

That's your call. It never hurts to ask someone what they think before you make your move. The worst thing that can happen is he will say no, that will upset me.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99BLACKBIRD
Oh, I'm married. This is just a little side action. Yeah, when I talked to the ex he said it was cool and that she had already told him that she wanted to give me a try and that they should probably not associate anymore.
Well there you go. Shame on you for your polygamous nature though!