Austin guys come on in, need local info

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Austin guys come on in, need local info

Hey Texas F bod brothers, I have a question for the Austin guys. Do you guys know of a company in Austin that makes Class Rings and Bowling rings? If you got a company name or address that would be great. I dont think they sell to the public but I have to get ahold of them about an order I made.

Thanks!!

Last edited by libertine1015; 06-22-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:51 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by libertine1015
Hey Texas F bod brothers, I have a question for the Austin guys. Do you guys know of a company in Austin that makes Class Rings and Bowling rings? If you got a company name or address that would be great. I dont think they sell to the public but I have to get ahold of them about an order I made.

Thanks!!
You made an order but don't know the company name?

Balfour ( http://www.balfour.com/ ), aka American Achievement Corporation
7211 Circle S Rd
Austin, TX 78745
Phone: (512) 444-0571
Toll-Free: 1-800-BALFOUR (1-800-225-3687)
Fax: (512) 443-5213
Old 06-22-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a 300 ring so the bowling Assoc is the go between and they are too lazy to get an order status so I thought I would try and contact the manufactuer myself. They make rings for tons of companies and orgs but no retail sales so there isnt any info on the web. Just thought Id take a shot since all i got is a P.O. box # They do business under a bunch of D.O.B.s for me it was "Keepsake"

Thanks for the help!!!!! much appreciated!!

Last edited by libertine1015; 06-22-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:52 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a 300 ring so the bowling Assoc is the go between and they are too lazy to get an order status so I thought I would try and contact the manufactuer myself.
Ah, I see Congrats on the 300.
They make rings for tons of companies and orgs
Yeah, they've got darn near a monopoly on graduation stuff.

Here's some more company info:

http://www.americanachievement.com/a...C_history.aspx (there's the main company website)
"Formed in 1996 by the merger of ArtCarved and Balfour and consisting of three operating units — Commemorative Brands Inc. (CBI), Taylor Publishing Inc. and Education Communications Inc. (ECI) — American Achievement Corporation provides a full complement of recognition and achievement products through both in-school and retail distribution.
Our core brands include: Balfour, ArtCarved, Keepsake, Taylor Publishing, and Who’s Who. Our private label brands include Master Class Rings, Keystone Class Rings, Dean’s List, R Johns Ltd, and Namesake Family Jewelry."

http://www.fenwaypartners.com/pr_aac21.htm
"March 25, 2004 - Fenway Partners, Inc., a leading middle-market focused private equity firm that invests in branded goods companies, today completed its previously announced acquisition of American Achievement Corporation (AAC) from Castle Harlan, Inc. AAC is a leading provider of class rings and yearbooks in the U.S.
The Company's well-recognized brands include Balfour and ArtCarved, which have been synonymous with class rings for over 90 years and 49 years, respectively, as well as Taylor Publishing, which has been identified with school yearbooks for more than 63 years. AAC's other leading brands include Keepsake, Who's Who Among American High School Students and The National Dean's List. The Company also produces professional sports championship rings, including several Super Bowl and Stanley Cup championship rings, and the New York Yankees' World Series championship rings."

Last edited by ACW; 06-22-2005 at 08:58 PM.