Legal Advice on a Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legal Advice on a Speeding Ticket

SO a bitch! picked up a speeding ticket for allegedly doing 55 in a 40 here in Nac.

However, I think I saw a speed limit sign right before where I got pulled over saying that it was a 45mph zone. On the ticket it states in a 40 zone

Do I have a case for dismissal? What should I do if I do, thanks to whoever posts up that knows the law
Old 06-23-2005, 06:18 AM
TECH Regular

Best advice....get a lawyer. I received five tickets in one year and not one of them is on my record so my insurance was never notified! I will never pay another ticket, lawyers are something else!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IRace2ChevyII
Best advice....get a lawyer. I received five tickets in one year and not one of them is on my record so my insurance was never notified! I will never pay another ticket, lawyers are something else!

Best advise your going to get, pay the attorney not the ticket/insurance increase. Just call around and see about who is good in Nackanowere
Old 06-23-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Ticket Advice

Well in this situation you might be trying to fight an uphill battle with the law. In rural and urban area there are many speed zones that indicate posted speeds but they do not state the distance between them. For instance you can be travelling on a roadway that states 45mph and 2 minutes later the speed can drop back down to 35mph without notice. Im not sure how fast you were going but in ur post you stated that the ticket stated 40mph instead of 45mph. You can hire an attorney to ask about the calibration of his Radar equipment but the Supreme Court also ruled that an officer does not have to be radar certified to operate Radar equipment. Also an officer can explain in his probable cause affidavit on the back of his copy that he observed you traveling at an unsafe speed meaning (prima facia evidence indicating speed that is more than reasonable and prudent) With that he can write you a speeding ticket even without using radar. I know it sounds crazy but thats what the traffic law states. Four options
1. hire an attorney
2. Plea guilty and have it on ur driving record
3 Plea not guilty and have trial by judge or jury and hopefully the officer will fail to appear.
4. plea no contest and have the option to pay or take defensive driving. and only the defensive driving will appear on your record and not the ticket charge

hope this helps
Old 06-23-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

What ever you do, do not give the cop the satisfaction that you had to pay the ticket. Most cops are ******** and need to find something productive to do.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Launching!

So does anyone know of a lawyer that can help me get rid of a ticket and how much? I got 1 in Nac. that I just paid for 97 in a 65. and last week I got 1 down here for 80 in a 45. the last 1 I need to find out if I can get it taken care of before my ins goes sky high.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BT03mach-1
So does anyone know of a lawyer that can help me get rid of a ticket and how much? I got 1 in Nac. that I just paid for 97 in a 65. and last week I got 1 down here for 80 in a 45. the last 1 I need to find out if I can get it taken care of before my ins goes sky high.

Were is here, in houston texas, there is many attorneys you can use.

Spreacher is the most famous, I have use henry red loftus, but they can get your ticket handled in houston and surrounding areas.

The attorney are in the yellow pages, just look one up in nacanowhere
Old 06-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CRZY747
Were is here, in houston texas, there is many attorneys you can use.

Spreacher is the most famous, I have use henry red loftus, but they can get your ticket handled in houston and surrounding areas.

The attorney are in the yellow pages, just look one up in nacanowhere
here is clear lake area. sorry
thanks I will look them up. I just talk to one I got off the net and she said they charge $100 flat rate plus whatever the court charges me.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the advice fellas. I'd love to hire an attorney but $$$ is a little low right now being a lowly college kid.
I'm gonna give the clerk's office a call and see if I can do deffered judification or if that doesn't work I'll have go thorugh another boring azz defensive driving course.
Damn the Popo
Old 06-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BT03mach-1
here is clear lake area. sorry
thanks I will look them up. I just talk to one I got off the net and she said they charge $100 flat rate plus whatever the court charges me.

Harry A. Red Loftus
studewood 713 862 3131, they will work I used them and were very reasonible

JET

by the way you know me the MY z06 with Don "ws6hardazz"
Old 06-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CRZY747
Harry A. Red Loftus
studewood 713 862 3131, they will work I used them and were very reasonible

JET

by the way you know me the MY z06 with Don "ws6hardazz"
Thanks I will call them!

I know I was out with don friday or saturday. that hush thing. I'm still thinking about that bartender at that bar we went to last time! she was HOT! we need to go back!
Old 06-23-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

Hey bud, I know you said money is tight right now and boy do I know how that goes but listen do what you can to get a lawyer because you just pay these tickets and they go on your insurance you will be paying out on a monthly basis. Know what I mean?