My f'n Neighbors Slaughtered a Goat!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar75150
wash the sand out of your vagina
There sure is some irony in that statement!

It would bother me as well, and I am a country raised guy that has no problem with skinning animals. There is a time and place for slaughtering and skinning game, the backyard of a residential neighborhood isnt it. Maybe would be different if it were already dead and you didnt have to hear/witness the animal ebing killed.

Brandon
Old 06-27-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It has nothing really to do with them being mexican either...love the culture etc, that's besides the point..

If it had been a black person/white person/chinese person etc killing a goat in the backyard I would've done the same thing. I also wouldnt have had a problem if i wouldn't have heard it. But I did. I also wasn't the only neighbor complaining either - when I called in they told me that someone was already on their way to the house.

I apologize if I offended anybody, but this was MY first time to ever witness something like this and I was sort of shocked/apalled. I felt disrespected because they didn't take into consideration their neighbors and how they would feel about it.

If i was korean and I ate dog, do you think they would've had a problem with me killing and skinning a dog in my backyard? Probably. But that's neither here nor there. I'm over it - I have nothing against my neighbors - just slightly shocked at what went on.

Last edited by obseSSed; 06-27-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Banned

So are you saying that most koreans eat dog?
Old 06-27-2005, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obseSSed
If i was korean and I ate dog, do you think they would've had a problem with me killing and skinning a dog in my backyard? Probably. .
If in your culture you eat dog and you do it in your back yard i would not have a problem with it.
Maybe you could just talk to your neighbors and ask them to let you know when ever they will be doing this so you can make sure your kids don't see it if you don't want them too. Instead of calling the cops. I bet you have never even said a word to them have you. Why can't people just communicate their problems instead of going straight to the cops whining about it.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tiburon
What sort of trouble?
apparently they got a warning from the home owners association and that was that.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Zo6Killer
I'm going to have to side with obseSSED on this one. Just because it's a cultural thing doesn't make it acceptable to do it in your backyard in every case. To a certain extent it's ok to embrace your culture publicly, but say you happen to be from Taiwan and decide to eat some dog for dinner (a fairly common practice over there)? Would your neighbors be thrilled to see you killing puppies? I think not. What if you are from an African tribe that insists that a female lose her virginity in front of a village council? Would your neighbors be happy to see that in the driveway? Chances are, no. It's all well and good to be proud of ones' culture and to embrace and cherish it, just don't be suprised that if in some (or many instances) people that don't share your particular lineage may be a little miffed.

That's a horrible example. I'm sure they started to butcher the goat before he was even outside so how does the perspective change? I always hear old people talking bout going to the slaughter house when they were little lol. Wonder why they don't do that anymore?

Last edited by red90cobra; 06-27-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

It has nothing really to do with them being mexican either...love the culture etc, that's besides the point..

If it had been a black person/white person/chinese person etc killing a goat in the backyard I would've done the same thing. I also wouldnt have had a problem if i wouldn't have heard it. But I did. I also wasn't the only neighbor complaining either - when I called in they told me that someone was already on their way to the house.

I apologize if I offended anybody, but this was MY first time to ever witness something like this and I was sort of shocked/apalled. I felt disrespected because they didn't take into consideration their neighbors and how they would feel about it.

If i was korean and I ate dog, do you think they would've had a problem with me killing and skinning a dog in my backyard? Probably. But that's neither here nor there. I'm over it - I have nothing against my neighbors - just slightly shocked at what went on.

Your not Korean so why worry bout it. Guezz, so what does a dying goat sound like? You must remember.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

as far as the homeowners association maybe you should look it up before signing any papers to make sure you don't see your neighbors slaughter a goat in there backyard. It won't matter here in the subdivison. I've counted bout 10-15 house of white folks out of 200 the 100 or so. point is if it's legal what are they going to do.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by red90cobra
Guezz, so what does a dying goat sound like? You must remember.
if you slit its throat, not much. it just wiggles and kicks for a while.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:30 AM
bbz
TECH Regular

you guys are missing my point. I don't care that they ate it..I wouldn't care even if they had slaughterd it outside of the neighborhood and brought it in..my point is they did it in the backyard - granted it's perfectly legal..which doesn't make it right.

Yes, I eat chicken..and burgers..and bacon..but they're slaughtered in a slaughter house which is a bit cleaner than a backyard. Plus I don't have to worry about the smell or the mess that may find it's way in my backyard, just like it has before...

What if they didn't clean up their mess..what if there are entrails everywhere? Which can bring disease, insects, smell..etc.

They HAD a fence..but since we share a side..the tore that side down to re do it. It's a nice neighborhood (which has nothing to do with any of my story, but okay.) mostly older retired people who keep their yards nice...

Call me a bitch, tell me to get over it..whatever you want - but if you guys saw that happening next door to you...you would be complaining as well.
Yea, I'd complain....that I didn't get invited to eat, drink & party!
Old 06-28-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bbz
Yea, I'd complain....that I didn't get invited to eat, drink & party!
I agree, I'd have a problem if my fellow Mexican neighbor did not invite me over for some "cabrito".
Old 06-28-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Resident

calling the cops what did they say? did they even come by or did they just laugh? I could understand if they left the guts outside for a couple of days to stink up the neighborhood. Or the combination of smell and their littering habit. If this is a constant thing and you dont like it, then it's time to move.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:22 AM
Staging Lane

We are human, we do weird, stupid, disgusting things get used to it. You can also cry yourself a river, build a bridge and then GET OVER IT!!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
unlike most of some people's ancestors that killed let's say buffalo just for sport

BTW, dumbest statement ever. Catch up on your history there chief.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

It's sad that when some makes a comment that can somehow be construed into a racial comment....how many people start crying. QUIT BEING SO DAMN SENSITIVE
Old 06-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

damn i would be pissed off too if my niehbors pulled that **** with me, but id be pissed cause they didnt invite me. what u should of done is gone down to the HEB and gotten some onions and jalapenos and a 30 pack of Bud heavy and yall would of had a great time, i think your mad cause u didnt get invited.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ponchoWS6
What a *****! And you say you are part hispanic? No Goat?You must only eat Chorizo then! All that crap you wrote sounded weak.Last I heard you can do almost anything you want in your yard. Then you worry about them getting drunk and not putting up a fence? Stop trying to to be so nosey and mind your business! Why not help with the fence? This country has enough people like you trying to take our freedoms from us. How do you think people get meat? Think it starts out in neat little packages? Not so long ago that's how people fed their families. Then you start on this **** about mexico's roads and water? Nice to complain about when you're over there sipping Corona's and buying trinkets.The problem with that country is corruption. Greedy Government taking the money and using it on something else. In case you have'nt noticed, Mexicans are working hard in this country to build your houses, buildings, and roads. Hell they even pick the fruit your kids eat for breakfast. Show some appreciation! I don't see anyone else lined up to do these jobs. There not the ones flying planes into buildings here and killing our kids in Iraq! Stop complaining, I read this Forum because I own an LS1 car and want to learn more about it and the people who also own such cars. The only Goat I want to read about are the ones with LS1's and LS2's.

Yours Truly,
Pete Gutierrez
A Texas born and raised, tax paying, Mexican American!
Old 06-30-2005, 07:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
at least they killed it for a good reason = to eat it, unlike most of some people's ancestors that killed let's say buffalo just for sport
2005 idiotic post award....
Old 07-01-2005, 12:07 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

If ya ask me, there is no way everyone can peacefully coexist doing whatever the hell we feel like doing. With all the different races, cultures, and religions running around you can't just slaughter a goat in your backyard for everyone to see and expect everyone to be cool about it. On the other hand, you have to respect other peoples' beliefs and practices. You have to make compromises and yes give up some freedoms so everyone gets along. I'm sure I sound like a hippie, but it makes life that much easier when your not constantly fighting with the people you live around.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

all of you that say this wouldn't bother you are full of it. Its different when its next door to you. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it either.

Quick Reply: My f'n Neighbors Slaughtered a Goat!!!