smog sniffer @ 290 and Fairbanks

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL1SS
What came with him. The whole research team? I highly doubt it. The cop probably checked for one because he can smell the exhaust and it probably is also very loud. Secondly, the "camera" measures your speed, how long it takes to get up to highway speed, and exhaust output to determine if it is helping the environment. It they were going after you they would have DPS troopers parked along the side of the road waiting.

Think what you want but at least you know what I know.
He said the reason he pulled me over was because it was loud.
Why he was talking to tha guy in the truck that pulled up behind him don't know.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Default smog machine

The company I work for got a notice from one of these machines set up out in Katy. From what we found out they send you a warning that your vehicle is emitting too much smog, and should be fixed, but there was no fine or followup to see if it was fixed.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ventura
The company I work for got a notice from one of these machines set up out in Katy. From what we found out they send you a warning that your vehicle is emitting too much smog, and should be fixed, but there was no fine or followup to see if it was fixed.
Sounds like a drug deal. The first one is always free...lol.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Air Check Texas

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

"High Emitter Identification and On-Road Testing
This component is designed to identify vehicles severely violating air quality standards by using roadside
detectors that sample vehicle emissions as they pass a testing site. The owners of non-complying vehicles are
then notified by letter to have their vehicle emissions tested and, if necessary, repaired."
Old 06-27-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

Don't get me wrong, they do have sensors to detect vehicle pollution but they ARE NOT using it to bust people. It is strictly for research so everyone just relax.
Are you sure..read here...
This component is designed to identify vehicles severely violating air quality standards by using roadside
detectors that sample vehicle emissions as they pass a testing site. The owners of non-complying vehicles are
then notified by letter to have their vehicle emissions tested and, if necessary, repaired."
It's not a ticket yet. But sure it will turn into one after this gets going.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02dirtybird
Air Check Texas

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

How'd you find that, I looked all over the Aircheck Website. Either way, I'm calling the DPS tomorrow and asking what the deal is.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:02 AM
Teching In

It was from a discussion on the new emissions laws coming to Austin in September. A guy who went to the inspection class that was put on by DPS to train the inspectors how to use the new equipment posted it up.