People in Cypress area inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live off of 529 and Fry (Fry becomes Cypress Rosehill at 290, or around 290, or somewhere between 529 and 290 ), and I will say it is a pain to try and get anywhere with all the growth going on, especially between the time of 5am and 4:59am the next morning . If you do decide to head on over, I would highly recommend getting close to 290, such as the Cypress Rosehill area that many have mentioned (it seems to be a nice and new area, but traffic will start to suck within the next couple years as it continues to grow) or off Telge (my best friend lives off there, decent area, but also starting to feel the traffic crunch, but what part of Houston isn't?) so that you have closer access if you decide to go somewhere or need to head in-town.

Tom
Old 08-24-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Tom,

You bring a good point up. The congestion of todays roads out there is a pain, but within the next 5-8 years, it'll be complete, and the real esate market out there will be worth MUCH more than it is right now. As it is now, Cy-Rosehill is still relitivly out in the new development. In 5 years or so, when the edge is out near waller, the market will be a good percent higher where we're building now.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Teching In

My parents have been told while out looking at land that the same guy who developed the Woodlands and what not is going to do the same thing up 290, past Fairfield, called the Bridgelands. Supposed to be up to 10,000 families. I don't know how accurate this is, they got this info from a realtor I do believe.
Just passing it along.

As far as traffic goes, my commute during the summer is from 290/Barker Cypress to 290/610 area, and if I'm out the door by 6 a.m., I have a relatively traffic free drive. By traffic free I mean no stop and go, there are a lot of cars out, but average speed is like 60. You leave by 6:15 though, you're going to be sitting.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CamaroCain
Where is the new Spinallie (spelling?) Middle School? I know Robison is a good school and I know about the new Cy-Woods HS too.
the middle school is right by Robison and the new HS .. just off Skinner between Spring-Cypress and 290

our neighbors have been real nice .. no one has complained about the car ..

will be interesting to see what happens when I roll my lift out onto the driveway, and start working on the car, though..
Old 08-24-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up

I bought a house in Canyon Lakes at Stone Gate at the end of March. I love the area and there is a lot of ammenities for the children (Splash Pad, playgrounds, etc.). Feel free to ask me any questions you would like.

Chris
Old 08-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Savage396
My parents have been told while out looking at land that the same guy who developed the Woodlands and what not is going to do the same thing up 290, past Fairfield, called the Bridgelands. Supposed to be up to 10,000 families. I don't know how accurate this is, they got this info from a realtor I do believe.
Just passing it along.

As far as traffic goes, my commute during the summer is from 290/Barker Cypress to 290/610 area, and if I'm out the door by 6 a.m., I have a relatively traffic free drive. By traffic free I mean no stop and go, there are a lot of cars out, but average speed is like 60. You leave by 6:15 though, you're going to be sitting.

It is the same development company that did the Woodlands, and it is in the works. One more thing the new loop can;t think of the name the one in sugarland will be comming to the back side of Fairfield, that way you can get anywere very quick.

GRAND PARKWAY, just remembered it
Old 08-24-2005, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My other half is a teacher at Ault Elem.

Regarding 290, it's a parking lot already at drive time. I REALLY hate to think how bad it's going to be when they have 10,000 more houses out by Fairfield.

Right now we live just east of 529 & Fry, and my office is at 529 & 290. It's about 9 miles down 529 - it takes me almost 30 minutes to drive.

The northwest side is pretty good to live in, but I haven't lived anywhere else in Houston, just out NW.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I wasn't planning on announcing it yet, but My wife and I sign papers on our new house Sunday afternoon. We're getting a new home built off of Cypress-Rosehill / 290 area. Village of Cypress lakes. From what I've seen around the neighborhood, its very new, with young familes. It's more of a First-Time buyers type of House. Not too big, not too small, just perfect for your starting family. The sales team out there is very knowegable, and over half of them live in the neighborhood as well. We're getting a house built by Lake Ridge Builders. They are a sister company to about 6-7 other builders. Nothing fancy, nothing expensive, just perfect for what I was looking for in a house. It's still in cy fair district, with cy fair being the high school, which is where i went (very high skilled, unless your lazy like i was, and slept alot ).
i just bought a house a few months ago in that neighborhood. lake ridge had a few houses we liked. good prices too. which street are you moving onto?

brook
Old 08-24-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Also something interesting I bet not many of you knew about is something I read in an article in the paper a about a month or so ago. I did a search in chron.com to find it. Here is the link.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...steffy/3190256
Old 08-24-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Addict

This home belongs to a friend of mine, and I guarantee he will entertain offers below this list price. PM me if you're interested:

http://www.har.com/search/engine/ind...0&backButton=Y

PS: My wife and I are also in the process of building our home in a different phase of this same subdivision.

If you want to know more about the builder or might be interested in a new home, here's the builder's web page:

http://www.ashtonwoods.com/communiti...p?parentCity=1

We're building in area 8 (80' lot fronts). The above house is in the first phase of the subsidivision, and we're building in the final phase. Area 7 has smaller homes (60' lots fronts). Once they complete all of the construction, I suspect the values of the homes will go up even more. We already have equity, and the house isn't even finished yet.

The subdivision is right at the corner of Spring Cypress and Huffmeister. Traffic is bad becuase of all the stop signs in the area, but they are in the process of widening Telge and installing signals at Spring Cypress and Telge, which should help the traffic considerably.

Last edited by CySevans; 08-24-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CySevans
This home belongs to a friend of mine, and I guarantee he will entertain offers below this list price. PM me if you're interested:

http://www.har.com/search/engine/ind...0&backButton=Y

PS: My wife and I are also in the process of building our home in a different phase of this same subdivision.

If you want to know more about the builder or might be interested in a new home, here's the builder's web page:

http://www.ashtonwoods.com/communiti...p?parentCity=1

We're building in area 8 (80' lot fronts). The above house is in the first phase of the subsidivision, and we're building in the final phase. Area 7 has smaller homes (60' lots fronts). Once they complete all of the construction, I suspect the values of the homes will go up even more. We already have equity, and the house isn't even finished yet.

The subdivision is right at the corner of Spring Cypress and Huffmeister. Traffic is bad becuase of all the stop signs in the area, but they are in the process of widening Telge and installing signals at Spring Cypress and Telge, which should help the traffic considerably.
har.com is where i go to look up houses.
That is a really nice house, but we can't even get close to touching that price. I know where that subdivision is (behind coles crossing) and it's nice, but we are looking more around Barker Cypress between spring cypress and huffmeister in Cypress Point where Farney Elem. is. It's more in our price range. Most of the houses we are looking at are between 1500 - 2000 sqft. Not only can we not afford much but we really dont need much either, just a nice 3 bedroom house with maybe one formal (dining or living/study). We only have one kid and its going to stay that way.

As far as the roads go, i know the farther off 290 you are the worse the traffic must be, all the roads seem to be one lane each way.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

MRITEK, Where in fairfield do you live? My g/f of about 2 years lives there and Ive never sceen a camn white ss.

I live in Wortham. 1960/290. Went to CyFair Schools my whole life! I'd send me kids to em well if I had kids!*gets down on knees and praises the lord* jk hands down better than HISD or anywhere else. lol
Send ur kids to Cyfair High School and have the take auto tech with Mr. Kesslar. They will be changed forEvAr. lol...i heart that old man
Cops dont really bother me and I cam my butt off everywhere.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

We bought a house in June. We looked further out in the cypress area. One thing I really didn't like was the outrageous MUD taxes in some areas out there. Cypress Mill for example is at 1.5%. Ended up getting a 2 yr old house in Copperfield. MUD taxes were half that. Of course alot of factors played into it. We just like this house better.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Thoroughbred
Send ur kids to Cyfair High School and have the take auto tech with Mr. Kesslar. They will be changed forEvAr. lol...i heart that old man

Amen on that one. I was a General Buzzard.

Cy-Fair > all.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I live in The Meadows in Fairfield. Home is currently for sale. I have a contract on it now and should close Sept. 30th. I dont drive my car on the street at all because of its tricked out Fernco mod. Its normally @ Icon A.S. . I plan to keep my children in the CyFair school district through H.S.
Originally Posted by Thoroughbred
MRITEK, Where in fairfield do you live? My g/f of about 2 years lives there and Ive never sceen a camn white ss.

I live in Wortham. 1960/290. Went to CyFair Schools my whole life! I'd send me kids to em well if I had kids!*gets down on knees and praises the lord* jk hands down better than HISD or anywhere else. lol
Cops dont really bother me and I cam my butt off everywhere.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ContractKiller
Amen on that one. I was a General Buzzard.

Cy-Fair > all.
Friendswooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood's autotech was better. We had hot chicks.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
Friendswooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood's autotech was better. We had hot chicks.

Gaurentee that us rednecks had more fun.....
Old 08-25-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Our new house backs up to Cypress Point (our back fence is the Border between Cypress point and Northlake Forest), so I know exactly where you're looking. Farney is the elementary school for Northlake Forest, too.

Good luck on the hunt! And, yeah, homes in there start in the high 180's and can go over 300K if you want a 6 bedroom, 5000+ sq ft home.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01ArcticSS
My other half is a teacher at Ault Elem.

Regarding 290, it's a parking lot already at drive time. I REALLY hate to think how bad it's going to be when they have 10,000 more houses out by Fairfield.

Right now we live just east of 529 & Fry, and my office is at 529 & 290. It's about 9 miles down 529 - it takes me almost 30 minutes to drive.

The northwest side is pretty good to live in, but I haven't lived anywhere else in Houston, just out NW.
I hear ya!

I live 290/ Barker Cypress and my office is at Jones / 290 and it can take me anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes to go 9 miles. That is leaving between 7 and 7:15 am.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boos2
I hear ya!

I live 290/ Barker Cypress and my office is at Jones / 290 and it can take me anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes to go 9 miles. That is leaving between 7 and 7:15 am.

Mike how is eyals home comming, heard that your the one drawing up the plans ???

JET