went to walmart, they overfilled it, and now i leak a crazy amount of oil...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default went to walmart, they overfilled it, and now i leak a crazy amount of oil...

well my car was leaking oil before, but i went to get my oil changed at walmart a couple days ago (always go to them bc its pretty cheap, pretty much only the cost of oil and the filter), but i drove home, and i was parked for about 20 min came back out, and i had a few puddles of oil about 4-5 inches in diameter, my car was leaking oil before but never that bad, i checked my oil today, and it is about an inch or an inch and a half above the crossetched area(i think it says operating range or something), thats pretty full right? considering its been leaking for the past couple days and it still as that much oil in it,
I went to talk to them today about it. They told me to come back tomorrow and talk to the manager that deals with the tire/oil area. Is there anything that i can do you think? I do honestly think that they made the leaks worse or started new leaks. I havent been driving it since i found out about all the oil i'm losing + the fact that i have alot of oil
Old 08-28-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What area did it leak from before? Only thing I can think of, is they probaly over tightened your drain bolt or to loose.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

Check your drain plug and filter make sure they are on good. If they overfilled it on the dipstick, of course that is worse than being a quart low. I'd drain a little oil out and have your dipstick on where it suggests. I'd never go to Walmart to have them change my oil lol.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I took my dads car there once, worst oil change ever, sloppy as hell, they made the isnide of the car dirty, never go back there again. Its an Avalon with real light colored leather seats, they got it all dirty. on my Trans Am, I never let any one change the oil, dealership use to and it would always leak, found out they used a torn gasket
Old 08-28-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Junkie

just do your own oil changes... if you have the tools. . . heard lots of horror stories when people get them done like the places mentioned above....
Old 08-28-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is what u get for going there they are the worst place to go. i see somuch stuff they messup it is not funny. it is not a good thing but i would not drain it because that takes the libility off of them when u or someone else messes with it.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One good thing that I did hear of about wal-mart. They forgot to put oil, "Yeah, what a f***ing idiot", anway guy drove off burned up the engine. So it was replaced with a brand new one. The official lies, "I had a 427".
Old 08-28-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
just do your own oil changes... if you have the tools. . . heard lots of horror stories when people get them done like the places mentioned above....
thank you!!!!! i just do my by myself
Old 08-29-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
well my car was leaking oil before, but i went to get my oil changed at walmart a couple days ago (always go to them bc its pretty cheap, pretty much only the cost of oil and the filter), but i drove home, and i was parked for about 20 min came back out, and i had a few puddles of oil about 4-5 inches in diameter, my car was leaking oil before but never that bad, i checked my oil today, and it is about an inch or an inch and a half above the crossetched area(i think it says operating range or something), thats pretty full right? considering its been leaking for the past couple days and it still as that much oil in it,
I went to talk to them today about it. They told me to come back tomorrow and talk to the manager that deals with the tire/oil area. Is there anything that i can do you think? I do honestly think that they made the leaks worse or started new leaks. I havent been driving it since i found out about all the oil i'm losing + the fact that i have alot of oil
When you overfill a car with oil consistantly it will make gaskets go out quicker, but if you do it once I wouldn't think that it would.

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
yessir....now don't crossthread your drain plug
Old 08-29-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

i went this morning to see the automotive manager, he checked it when the car was HOT and it read a little low. I said.. arent you supposed to check the oil when the car as been sitting or wait a while after its been running", him and 2 other guys said "nope, your supposed to check it right when you stop driving, or else all the oil is going to be at the bottom", they got me thinking i was wrong,... after i got home, talked to my dad back in san antonio and he said, that i was right, they were wrong, i called him back, and got the number to the district manager. The district manager said im supposed to check the oil 30-45 secs after the car as been shut off, he said its ok to run 2-3 quarts of extra oil in the engine,.. i was like "wtf are you talking about", i said it was about an inch over the "operating range" and thats after its been leaking like crazy for days... he said an inch is like 2 or 3 quarts and that theres no way they'd put 2 or 3 quarts of extra oil in my car... he's wrong with that one, doesnt 1inch = 1 quart??.. anyways im seeing him tomorrow at 715am.. and he's going to "look at the video" to see how much oil the guy put in blah blah, all that i know is that my car has too much oil in it, as a burnt smell now after i've driven it some, and it leaks 500% more oil then it did before,... i wish my dad was up here in dallas, he'd tell these *** clown's some shiot, i'lll let you guys know what happens, they're prob going to dick me over and say im wrong about everything, we'll see
Old 08-29-2005, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Save yourself some time and money. Don't take you're car to wal-mart.

-Do it yourself so you can have the peace of mind that it's done right!
Old 08-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
bc its pretty cheap
You said it yourself
Old 08-29-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

whatever you do... dont let them **** you over... NO its not ok to overfill the engine with 2-3 quarts than whats recommended..... thats BS!! IF they tell you that then go over there and do to their cars.... I'm sure they will not like it...... that is all
Old 08-29-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

walmart as always done good with my car thats why i've always gone there, they only charge a couple bucks for labor pretty much, so it saves me some time, ...
Old 08-30-2005, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

how does it save you time when you have to waite 2 hours? yes generaly an inch + about 1 quart of oil. yes you check the oil like he said because when the vehicle is hot it dont take much time to settle. they are wrong and you should not over fill it ever.

i work at a shop/ oil change place and deal with **** walmart ***** up all the time. If you only knew how much wallyworld dished out each year for things like this you would be shocked.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Launching!

You know all you can really do is be an ******* i use to work at wal-mart changing oil. There is a lot of idiots that work there i use to be one of them sometimes. But all you have to do is be an ******* call the district manager if he doesnt help you call the regional manager they always give in and they usually give you a $100 gift card too.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Junkie

i went today the district manager said that he could tell its been leaking and that itl ooks like some of the fluid might be trans fluid bc it looked clean, isnt synthetic pretty clean?? he redid my oil change and kept a half a qt out, and now its close to the right level, should i ask for the number to the regional manager? he said that it looked like its been leaking before, YES it was leaking before but not as bad as now, what do you guys think i should do, just give up on it? i know its not that big of a deal i guess
Old 08-30-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

ride their *** till you get something out of it, trust me they will give in. they always do
Old 08-30-2005, 06:04 PM
SSU Moderator

I always over-fill my car. 6qt's is what you want. Not 5.5 like they say. Road race guys use 7 quarts! If your **** is leaking and always has been, you need to fix it regardless of what they did.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GrAmO
You know all you can really do is be an ******* i use to work at wal-mart changing oil. There is a lot of idiots that work there i use to be one of them sometimes. But all you have to do is be an ******* call the district manager if he doesnt help you call the regional manager they always give in and they usually give you a $100 gift card too.
This guy is my TRAINEE....i adopted him and brought him to a better place.

Whenever he does wrong ----> ME <---- HIM

Quick Reply: went to walmart, they overfilled it, and now i leak a crazy amount of oil...