arrested for drifting.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
You should've told him that LT1's don't make enough power to drift. Even in gravel.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

i liked JV when i was in jail...they gave me whataburger!!!! lol mustve sucked though
Old 09-02-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

we all know LS1's are better in most ways, no need to rub it in

my tail end slid out under jjust a little bit of gas, so i kept in it for a while longer just for the hell of it.

JVPD is bullsh*t, all the cops are dicks there, ive been pulled over several times all over houston, but let go with warnings or fix it things... the only place ive been ticketed, 3 times is JV, they don't even let you talk/explain .. and deny you any right.. but its a small PD, so i guess it's expected.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

You can sue them for not reading you your maranda rights, and you can get all of those tickets dismissed. This coming from my friend who is training to be a police officer. If they just arrested you and did not read you your rights, you can get out of all of those charges... take those ******* to court!
Old 09-02-2005, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

dont you know that getting your car a little sidways even if it was a accident, is just as bad a murdering someone!!!!!

dont you guys know anything??? LOL

its sad to see what our country is turning in to. same thing happend to my friend and i on a friday night, late like 11pm it was a little rainy and he was slidding around the parking lot which is huge.

and no joke like 5 or 6 cops told us to get the **** out of the car and to shut up, they treated us like we had just robbed the grocery store and then killed everyone in it.

keep in mind, there was NO ONE around at all. ????????????????????????????
Old 09-03-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i guess i was just caught in the quota period. but im really not even going to try to fight it... basically they said this...

"if you pay for no front plate, expired reg. sticker, and defective tail lamp ($384 total) , we'll let you go and dismiss this from your record" ..

"if you fight it, we will add on exhibition of acceleration, evading arrest, and harrasing a police officer" ..

so yeah, i was just straight screwed.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
i liked JV when i was in jail...they gave me whataburger!!!! lol mustve sucked though

Tomball gives a Sonic burger with a large ice tea.

was it a school district cop that arrested you? thats pretty gay. i think along the line of some of the other people. i'd take it to court(criminal and a civil suit at the harris county courthouse). there are laws in place to prevent stupid stuff like this. take the time to do some research on different texas law webpages to see if you have a viable case.

it one thing to arrest adults that are responsible for the legal attributes to owning a car, but when they start taking it to high school kids, thats just too far, IMO. school cops arest a kid for car infractions, and some wannabe gangbangers are beating the crap out of some kid on the other side of campus. stupid.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baldurann
You can sue them for not reading you your maranda rights, and you can get all of those tickets dismissed. This coming from my friend who is training to be a police officer. If they just arrested you and did not read you your rights, you can get out of all of those charges... take those ******* to court!

LOL ya right, most of the time they forget to read you your maranda rights to begin with, some do but not all. Good luck trying to get that to hold up in court, cause the cop will say he read them to you. So tell your friend that is training to be a police officer he is right, but it wont' happen all the time, and if you think that is a good excusse to get off the charges, good luck getting that one past the judge LOL
Old 09-03-2005, 01:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Saad06
the school cop is sitting in the parking lot

my car slides out due to gravel/sand on the street, so i give it a lil gas and counter steer and such

then i get pulled over

he pulls some bullshit about "exibition of acceleration"

adds on no front plate

exp. reg. sticker

defective tail lamp

My Dad told me once ...

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough ...
Old 09-03-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

most cops have mikes with recorders, too, nowadays, so he can be made to " put up, or shut up". see if that jurisdiction has video and or voice recorders.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have had bad luck with JV cops. I have gotten served everytime i go in that area. They dont listen or let you explain they just write tickets. And their tickets are like reciepts with total amounts on them so you can know immediately how bad your getting fucked. Traffic Tickets are useless. Its a legal way for the Govt to jack our paychecks.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

call david sprecher
Old 09-03-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
You should've told him that LT1's don't make enough power to drift. Even in gravel.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wait, so why did they hold you in jail if they only charged you with the sticker, front plate, and tail-light? If that is what they were charging you with, seems like you woulda been free to leave. Those are all normal tickets, and can be payed later at your court date (or before). I can see why they took you in, but seems like once they dropped the charges you'd be free to go until your court date for the minor violations.

It sure was nice of them to drop those from your record. Especially since they don't show b/c they aren't moving violations.

I would assume that since you have now payed, I don't think you can do anything about it though. Although, I've never heard of anyone paying for tickets, THEN trying to go to a court date to get out of them.

This part, I really don't know about...
Can they "tack on" more charges later?
Old 09-03-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

Driftin is for gay people!
Old 09-03-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Texas cops aren't that bad! It's the DPS Troopers you have to worry about around here...... and school cops???? give me a break!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZL1SS
Driftin is for gay people!

Old 09-03-2005, 07:42 PM
12 Second Club

just the other day my friend did the same thing, he came out of a parking lot a little loose until he noticed the cop coming torwards him, he gathered it up too late, she turned around and pulled him over. he got a way with it by saying he was new at driving standards, not his daily driver, blah blah... i watched the whole thing then drove past real slow while he was getting pulled over.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah, ive gotten away several times for gettin' sideways, but they really screwed me this time...

i dont know why they didnt let me go, they made me wait until my dad came a 384$ money order. and i just payed him and got it over with, i dont want to fight it... because i can't win agains this bullshit...
Old 09-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Mustang Moderator

if noone will stick up for themselves, they'll just keep pulling this BS repeatedly.

When someone does what they don't want them to do, thats when they'll think twice about being little bitches.