arrested for drifting.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stang Man
if noone will stick up for themselves, they'll just keep pulling this BS repeatedly.

When someone does what they don't want them to do, thats when they'll think twice about being little bitches.
i agree with you 100% but sometimes its hard to want to fight, because if you lose you might be even worse off.

sometimes i dont uderstand cops at all, if this guy is telling the whole truth, about getting put in jail for just getting sidways, and he didnt bad mouth the cops or anything to **** them off, that is just plain

i got pulled over a few month ago, when i had my sts kit on my car. and keep in mind i live in cali, so lots if not most cops are not to tolerant here with speeding, because they always think your racing, which in cali is like killing 20 people to them...

so i was doing 135 mph when i got pulled over, on hwy78. he came up to the car and said license and reg. NOW, and then told me kids like me make his job real good. he came back from his squad car like 10 min. later and said.... if i were going to give you a ticket today, it would be a costly one.... and he told me all the things he could of ticketed me for....

he then asked me how long i had owned the car, and said i assume this is moddified, i told him just a little.... ohh and i didnt have my proof of insurance in the car either..

he then told me to go and be good and that this was my warning.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get yourself a great lawyer.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah, i really didnt say/do anything wrong, but i just dont want to deal with the bullshit..
Old 09-04-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Originally Posted by Saad06
the school cop is sitting in the parking lot

my car slides out due to gravel/sand on the street, so i give it a lil gas and counter steer and such

then i get pulled over

he pulls some bullshit about "exibition of acceleration"

adds on no front plate

exp. reg. sticker

defective tail lamp

My Dad told me once ...

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough ...
LMAO, thats funny. But the truth.

Sounds like you got raped w/o lube man. But what did you expect when you "held on a little longer" after the rear end swung in front of a school cop? In my town, which is arguably the most PC-crazy town I know of, if a kid is caught defending himself he's charged with assault half the time. If he was caught "drifting" it would be reckless endangerment with a vehicle or some stupid **** like that.

Gotta watch it with school cops. They're like Hitler, but worse.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

they gave you a ticket labelled drifting for getting crossed up in 1st gear from a stop?!?!?!?

thats bs, its not drifting unless your starting from a 30+mph roll.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI:::::not having a front plate is NOT illegal in Texas anymore as of 7 days ago......
Old 09-07-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

we all know LS1's are better in most ways, no need to rub it in

my tail end slid out under jjust a little bit of gas, so i kept in it for a while longer just for the hell of it.

JVPD is bullsh*t, all the cops are dicks there, ive been pulled over several times all over houston, but let go with warnings or fix it things... the only place ive been ticketed, 3 times is JV, they don't even let you talk/explain .. and deny you any right.. but its a small PD, so i guess it's expected.
One time my friend got in an accident on the JV side of town, so I pulled out my camera and started rolling. Well a few minutes later the cops roll up and the first thing he says is, "Put that camera away, this is MY crime scene. You need to CALM DOWN!" I'm just like, uhhhhh...kay. Dropped it to my side and still recorded
Old 09-07-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
FYI:::::not having a front plate is NOT illegal in Texas anymore as of 7 days ago......

You sure? I heard a while back that it was defeated.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

i guess i was just caught in the quota period. but im really not even going to try to fight it... basically they said this...

"if you pay for no front plate, expired reg. sticker, and defective tail lamp ($384 total) , we'll let you go and dismiss this from your record" ..

"if you fight it, we will add on exhibition of acceleration, evading arrest, and harrasing a police officer" ..

so yeah, i was just straight screwed.
Are you telling us the WHOLE truth?

How can they POSSIBLY expect to make evading arrest and harrasing a police officer stick with the information you've given us? You did do exhibition of acceleration, you can take care of that with a lawyer...or Def. Ad....or possibly defensive driving...

If I was you I'd get a hotshit lawyer, pay him about $300, and molest their asses.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by monicaz28
You can still go to court for this stuff atleast and get it thrown out and get your money back.
Done this with a lawyer. what you have to do is demand a court date, when they ask you if you want one. (they are required to )