The SS...on the new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005 | 09:12 PM
FormerVendor

A one piece wheel does not make it stronger or weaker. It is a different process to building a wheel. Generally one-piece wheels are much more expensive due to the wheel being milled from one large chunk of aluminum...which is more costly and time consuming.

I'd suggest if you bend any other manufactures aluminum wheel, then you'll bend ours. No wheel is impervious to damage.

I'd suggest a one piece wheel in your particular situation is a bad thing since if you bent it, you'd have one large expensive paperweight. At least with our wheels, we can repair the wheel.

Steve
Old 04-26-2006 | 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

Old thread, I know, but I absolutely love these wheels. I have been planning on purchasing a set for myself for quite some time and these pictures really just justified that I will be buying these when funds allow. I have a few questions for Carbon though. What are the widths that you chose for the front and the back? Offsets? Actually...what are all of the specifics that you chose for this wheel since these are custom-made wheels. Maybe you can remember somehow Steve?

P.S. I will be using these wheels on my daily driver just to let everyone know. It is a road-racing wheel after all, it is meant to take turns
Old 04-26-2006 | 03:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by spazzyfry123
Maybe you can remember somehow Steve?

P.S. I will be using these wheels on my daily driver just to let everyone know. It is a road-racing wheel after all, it is meant to take turns
Call me when you're ready. I can design them to fit the setup that you are considering...albeit tire size. Always choose the tires first...then we will know what wheels to build for the tires.

Steve
Old 04-26-2006 | 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Call me when you're ready. I can design them to fit the setup that you are considering...albeit tire size. Always choose the tires first...then we will know what wheels to build for the tires.

Steve
Thanks Steve! I will most definitely be giving you a call when the time comes. My car is still waiting for the insurance adjuster to take it and get it fixed from my hit-and-run accident. After I get that cleaned up and get the exhaust put all together, be expecting a call I am still uncertain on the tire size...I would like a nice wide tire on the back (315's maybe?) and at least 275's on the front. But I most definitely do not want the tire to hang out of the sidewalls. I'd also like a nice wide lip (wider lip in the rear than the front, but still a little bit of a lip on the front). Would it be possible for you to give me the dimensions of a wheel that will work well with what I have listed? My car is totally stock right now, but the new custom true-dual exhaust system will be dumping prior the axle. I also plan on lowering the car with BMR's spring-only lowering kit (http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-body...n.htm#springs). Their website says it should lower the car ~1" all around. I don't mind doing a little bit of the "B.F.H." mod, but nothing extreme. This will be for a 17" wheel.
Price I should expect to pay? I should be ready by about summer time. Feel free to PM me on here or E-mail me at your leisure.
Thanks!
-Tyler Olney
spazzyfry123@yahoo.com
Old 04-26-2006 | 06:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by spazzyfry123
Thanks Steve! I will most definitely be giving you a call when the time comes. Feel free to PM me on here or E-mail me at your leisure.
Thanks!
-Tyler Olney
spazzyfry123@yahoo.com

you' have mail.
Old 04-26-2006 | 06:11 PM
Teching In

Looks nice.
Old 04-26-2006 | 06:55 PM
Staging Lane

Very nice I like the look!
Old 04-26-2006 | 08:08 PM
((((((Administrator))))))