Legal Advice Needed ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legal Advice Needed ASAP!!!

I've got a little bit of a legal problem here at SFA that I've gotta deal with and don't know what to do, so anyone on here thats a lawyer or knows the law PLEASE POST UP

Here's the stroy: I've acquired a few parking tickets on my record during my 2 years here so far at SFA and I thought I had the ones in the past taken care of, but the University PD says I haven't. It totals up to like $650, but I think this is BS because3 I've got a citation report from the end of this summer saying in writing that I only owe $210 in parking tickets. Well, now they're saying that the other tickets "didn't link on to my account" until just recently. Like after they gave me the citation report from the summer!

I'm like WTF? How did $210 link up to my account and the others didn't? Its like yo're pulling **** out of thin air!

Do I have a case? What do I need to do and say when I talk to the chief of police in about a week?
Old 09-27-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't know what to tell you. I'm a criminal justice major at SFA and I've had a few of the student/police ticket writers in my classes. I got a few tickets once and I asked them to help, and they couldn't.

They told me I would be waisting my time fighting them.

Im not sure, but I don't think you'll be able to register, or get your grades without paying them.

I think its bullshit.. these rent a cops will ticket you for anything. They're all a bunch of haters if you ask me.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by UB2SLO
Don't know what to tell you. I'm a criminal justice major at SFA and I've had a few of the student/police ticket writers in my classes. I got a few tickets once and I asked them to help, and they couldn't.

They told me I would be waisting my time fighting them.

Im not sure, but I don't think you'll be able to register, or get your grades without paying them.

I think its bullshit.. these rent a cops will ticket you for anything. They're all a bunch of haters if you ask me.
I agree on the hater part!

The kicker is that I didn't even have these tickets on my record for this past spring! Its like they've pulled them out of their *** and like **** you
I've got the sheet saying its like $450 less than what their claiming, but I don't know if common sense is one of their strong points
Old 09-27-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is BS because those dirty pigs make all their money off these stupid tickets and it's total BS because while they're writing tickets and "stealing" people's money, robbers/rapists...etc get away. It's the same reason I can't stand traffic police. It's like hey...D-bag, instead of writing me a ticket so you can pay your bills, why don't you go out and catch a criminal to make the world a safer place??!!

Anyhow, to the issue at hand. You have no case. If the tickets are legit, just because they didn't give them to you on a sheet does not void them out. It's call "Past Consideration." However unlikely, the tickets may have not been added to the report until after they printed the end of summer one for you. If they are legit, you're responsible for them no matter what. Either start walking around this place (university right?)...and leave the car at home, or get bike/grab a ride with a buddy. I've heard they can put one of those boots on the tires if you don't pay...then you really have some fees to pay.

Maybe they would consider a settlement though. Maybe talk with the Dean of Students or one of the Equity and Diversification people there. They really do fight for your right, but not to party .
Old 09-27-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
It is BS because those dirty pigs make all their money off these stupid tickets and it's total BS because while they're writing tickets and "stealing" people's money, robbers/rapists...etc get away. It's the same reason I can't stand traffic police. It's like hey...D-bag, instead of writing me a ticket so you can pay your bills, why don't you go out and catch a criminal to make the world a safer place??!!

Anyhow, to the issue at hand. You have no case. If the tickets are legit, just because they didn't give them to you on a sheet does not void them out. It's call "Past Consideration." However unlikely, the tickets may have not been added to the report until after they printed the end of summer one for you. If they are legit, you're responsible for them no matter what. Either start walking around this place (university right?)...and leave the car at home, or get bike/grab a ride with a buddy. I've heard they can put one of those boots on the tires if you don't pay...then you really have some fees to pay.

Maybe they would consider a settlement though. Maybe talk with the Dean of Students or one of the Equity and Diversification people there. They really do fight for your right, but not to party .

Thanks man, sucks to hear it, but I guess I'll see what I can do. The thing that really chaps my *** is the fact that when I got the summary citation report I asked the person at the esk "Is this everything I owe?"
And she said "yes"

Bunch of ****'s if u ask me, but whatever
Old 09-28-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Junkie

when you talk to the chief just be like here's the report I dont know what to tell you and act all distraught about the money