Thinking of selling the car

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of selling the car

After almost three years I'm thinking of selling. I've become too wrapped up in it. When I look at the car all I see are things I need/want to change. I've been spending money on the car that I need for other things. I hate even thinking about selling it but and I know I will regret it once it's gone but I don't think I have the self control to stop spending. I already have a long list of things I want to do and it just gets longer every day
Old 10-11-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Then just do whats on the List but put them in order of either price or gains, then just slowly do each on the List. Or payoff the car and it'll just be your hobby car. Thats what I am doing, once this car gets Paid off all I can say is Pray for me and others on the Road
Old 10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
I know I will regret it once it's gone
You just answered your own question. No need to sell it. Heres what you need to do. Go to school full time and barely get enough hours in a week to put gas in the car and then you wont have any money to spend on it. Problem solved. Works for me....
Old 10-11-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think my problem is too many car payments. Most of my check each month goes to cars and insurance. Once the truck is paid off I'll have a little more breathing room.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:27 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

anyone that is already comfortable with spending every dime they have on modifying a car, is already addicted to the hobby. Even if you sell your car, you will start to plot out a way to buy another one and do the same thing.

Old 10-11-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
anyone that is already comfortable with spending every dime they have on modifying a car, is already addicted to the hobby. Even if you sell your car, you will start to plot out a way to buy another one and do the same thing.

This man speaks the truth as I have been down that road before.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Yep, that's what my addiction is too. I'm never satisfied. Might as well keep it. The day I traded my 02 Z28 in on my 03 Dodge 4x4 4door dually, I regreted it. I put so much $$ in that truck to make it bigger(9" lift, 35's)/faster(400+hp,750 tq) but still wasn't happy. I always end up with a LS1 every other vehicle of my past 6 for some reason. Might as well keep it. Sure, $ can get tight, but it'll always feel like something missing if you get rid of it.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Very true.
I've often thought about selling the car and getting into a truck again, but the mod list for that would be so damn high, I could buy a new vette... Then I'd want to spend money on that... Its a never ending process Chris. We are car guys, addicted to it for sure. No matter what you get you'll want to do something to it... Keep the damn car, and keep going... No turning back.

With the truck I spent somewhere near 7k in mods and what not to it.
Before I even had a Fbody spotted, i had a modlist a mile long... Its since tripled. I set a goal and met it, but now I've set more... Stupid me... I'm having fun with it though...

Last edited by Brandon; 10-11-2005 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

Well how much do u want for it
Old 10-11-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

You better not sell it Chris that car is way too damn gorgeous! Nobody is going to take care of that car like you have. You shouldn't rush into mods, focus on paying it off first. I made the last payment on my car last month. YEHAAA! But now I'm saving up for a truck or an SS.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

dont sell. im miss my car. although i have trophys and pics around my room from it. but i did what i had to do.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

u sell the car my right hand will be strong chirs and anyways that your baby man u cant sell it
Old 10-11-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you got my opinion on LS2 today.......

DON'T SELL THE FREAKKKKKIN CAR!!!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!

plus, you'll have to deal with MEEEEEEEE on all these boards giving you $hit about selling it!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by joeformula
You better not sell it Chris that car is way too damn gorgeous! Nobody is going to take care of that car like you have. You shouldn't rush into mods, focus on paying it off first. I made the last payment on my car last month. YEHAAA! But now I'm saving up for a truck or an SS.
so that means you are gonna spend more on the car????
Old 10-12-2005, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by scalemaster
Well how much do u want for it
x2

Let me know very interested.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Right now I don't know what I would ask for the car. I haven't really given it any serious thought. I've just been looking at my bills and my job and I realize I need to get my stuff together.

My problem is I tried to be like Tony and I can't do it
Old 10-12-2005, 07:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Right now I don't know what I would ask for the car. I haven't really given it any serious thought. I've just been looking at my bills and my job and I realize I need to get my stuff together.

My problem is I tried to be like Tony and I can't do it
I'll say what a lot of others have said....you WILL regret it. I sold mine because it didn't get driven anymore....lost a bunch of money on mods and time I put into the car....and now I'm thinking of taking the plunge again and starting all over again. Think it through....if it's a good idea this month, it should still be a good idea next month.

And if it is a good idea next month, PM me a price
Old 10-12-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Junkie

well I'll just tell you a story about a young man that once thought about selling his T/A

one day this kid goes to his dad and says "I was thinkin about selling the car and getting something cheaper so I'll have money for school and such" and his dad says "the car is paid off and you've been wanting one for so long, dont sell it" the kid replied with "yeah I know and I just got the hood painted and the prokit and rims but that just means that someone thats into cars will buy it" and the father in all his wisdom says "I said dont sell it" *SLAP* then the son understood....

moral of the story is....if you sell my dad will slap you, I mean the kids dad will slap you
Old 10-12-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Veteran

The problem with this hobby is you have have a lot of money to do it or you will be in serious debt. Think about it. It will never stop. You think, "Oh I'll just do a cam only setup, but not going too big as to keep it streetable." Then a couple months later, it wont be enough, you will throw a set of heads on it and maybe a better intake. It never stops. You can say you will be satisfied the way it is, but you wont. You will never stop spending money on it. So if you think you can handle that then I say keep it of course. Really only you can decide what is best for you. Just think it through.

I sold my car earlier this year, and it was hard...one of the hardest things I ever had to do. But it was time to get my priorites straight. We needed to buy a house within the next year and there was no way we would be able to afford it if I kept my car. Oh I could have kept it really, but I knew there was no way I could have and been happy. I thought about just demodding it altogether and putting it back to stock, or just changing the setup to just a more street friendly cam only setup. But how do you go from having your daily driver going high 10's back to mid 11's. I knew I had to get rid of the car and get into something that I would not want to mod at all. And to this day I miss that car so much...but, I dont regret selling it because I knew it was the best choice. And seeing as how things have turned out since then with gas prices, and the cost of pretty much everything going up, the timing couldn't have been better. Once we get settled into a house and have our finances in line we will get another one. Or try out something else that isn't so expensive like getting an ATV and going riding places around town. We may end up with a sport bike. Who knows, but we have to get things in line first.

Check everything out that you are spending money on and see if there is anywhere else you can cut some cost. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Hope it all works out for you.