getting a tat tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 07:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speak of the devil, I was just writing a paper on reasons why people get tattoos..
Old 10-16-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

lets here that GAME OVER
Old 10-16-2005, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tattoo's = One of the leading ways to catch Hepatitis C , a mostly incurable liver virus that will eventually be the cause of death in 40 to 60% of those infected. Fewer than 5% will fully recover once infected. I got lucky. The rate of Hep C infection is higher than that of HIV in the US. Over 8 million people have the virus and don't know it.

I got a tat and had to endure the one year medical treatment with hair falling out, anemia, excrutiating pain that made it hurt like hell to even breathe because my skin felt like it was on fire, and severe weight loss from the 20 plus pills I had to take daily and the interferon shots I had to inject in my stomach three times a week. This is one of the easiest ways to catch it, and there is no such thing as a clean tattoo parlor/shop/studio.

Just wanted to share...Good luck to you.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:51 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker
Tattoo's = One of the leading ways to catch Hepatitis C , a mostly incurable liver virus that will eventually be the cause of death in 40 to 60% of those infected. Fewer than 5% will fully recover once infected. I got lucky. The rate of Hep C infection is higher than that of HIV in the US. Over 8 million people have the virus and don't know it.

I got a tat and had to endure the one year medical treatment with hair falling out, anemia, excrutiating pain that made it hurt like hell to even breathe because my skin felt like it was on fire, and severe weight loss from the 20 plus pills I had to take daily and the interferon shots I had to inject in my stomach three times a week. This is one of the easiest ways to catch it, and there is no such thing as a clean tattoo parlor/shop/studio.

Just wanted to share...Good luck to you.

Wow. That was the last tattoo I am getting too if i didn't already say it.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Most places are clean, thats the rule. If you get one in your back yard by some friend with an open un-sterilized needle I feel for you too.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NexGen
Most places are clean, thats the rule. If you get one in your back yard by some friend with an open un-sterilized needle I feel for you too.

Unfortunately, the exact opposite is true. Most places are NOT clean enough to be allowing what is basically a minor surgery to be performed. (Whenever skin is broken and bloodletting is induced....its a surgery. period) Most parlors/studios utilize only the minimim of health codes enforced to limit losing their licenses, and most tattoo artists have the absolute minimal if any at all in medical training. Just watching them unpackage a needle is not enough, using new ink wells is not enough, wearing gloves is not enough.

Take a look at the place your doing this in, would you have your appendix taken out there? Would you allow the people who work there to perform any other type of invasive surgery on you? Those are the questions you have to ask in addition to what is the rate of infectious diseases and viral infections attributted to your place of business over the past year by the health department? (If they say none, they're lying......)

This is a viral infection spread by a blood to blood transfusion where only the recipient has to have active living blood cells..meaning that a dried blood cell that is allowed to invade a blood pathway into a body will infect the host. It is very, very easy to catch and is eclipsing HIV in new infections. 8 Million people have this and DON'T know it!!!!

Getting a tat is one of the top three ways to contract Hep C. I got mine in a well known, top notch studio. Most of the people that I participate in a Hep C support group that is growing EVERY day contracted their from tattoos, piercings, and blood transfusions before blood was checked. Ask the nearly one hundred people I know who have it, who gave it to their spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends, children, and who are scare to death that they are going to die and whose lives have been forever changed.

Will you definitely get Hep C from a tat? Hopefully no, but the risk is very, very real.

Is it curable? No, it destroys the liver and grows exponentially, with alcohol and drug abuse involved, the impact is even more deadly. Only a very small percentage of people who contract it are able to clear themslves of the virus depending upon the strain they have (less than five percent). Some people can put it into remission, a large number will die as a result of the virus.

The predominent ways to catch it are in this order:

Intraveneous drug use/sharing of needles and straws.

Tattoos, piercings, brandings, skins inserts.

Sex: when there is a tear in the skin of the people involve, such as a lesion, herpes, bleeding gums, **** sex, mentruation blood, etc....

Other pathways- sharing shaving kits, eating utensils, cold sores, surgery, multiple partners in sex (more than three) fistfights where blood was drawn, blood sports, dentistry, etc....

As someone who has caught this, battled it, endured the severe pain of the medical treatment, the fear of death and or liver transplant and wondering if I gave it to my wife, and who has watched others learn they have it, battle it and who have died from it, it's my duty to share that you are at risk through this activity. I hope you don't catch it. I hope that you are just fine, but the reality of the risk is very much there.

I love my tat, thought about getting another, but that trip I took was enough for me. If you think I'm bullshitting you, go on to any search engine and look up Hepatitis C.

Good luck!!