Finally: TECH VS TEXAS

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 01:16 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will be a great game i see T.U.>Tech. I also see T.U. going all the way this year for sure, this would be great for the Big 12 as a whole not only from the T.U. stand point, so aggs raiders and horns should be glad about that. BTW what time is kickoff i need to know when to start my "long luch break" from work.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Texas Director

yellowchev02, kickoff is at 2:30 on ABC. ESPN's College Game Day crew will also be there with their live broadcast at 9:30 Saturday morning.

BTW, who is T.U.?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:34 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Thanks mmiller.. My manager is not going to be happy about my lunch break on Saturday afternoon but this is a must see! Haha T.U. its that college........i think in Austin..... i dont know
Old 10-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by yellowchev02
This will be a great game i see T.U.>Tech. I also see T.U. going all the way this year for sure, this would be great for the Big 12 as a whole not only from the T.U. stand point, so aggs raiders and horns should be glad about that. BTW what time is kickoff i need to know when to start my "long luch break" from work.
Yea, as much as any aggie would love to see texas get killed in any game, the the realistic ideal is that the Big 12 desperately needs for texas to win againt USC. B/c as the Big12 stands right now its Texas and the 11 drawfs. And as of right now the big 12 is #4 or #5 in Overall BCS performance. So we need to jump up a bit. And as much as some people would like to think, the big 12 has some poor performance this year like years past, and that means some teams need to get back to old form. and as much as some people would hate to admit it on here, A&M needs needs to start winning again, instead of putting up mediocre seasons.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:01 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Spazdout
Yea, as much as any aggie would love to see texas get killed in any game, the the realistic ideal is that the Big 12 desperately needs for texas to win againt USC. B/c as the Big12 stands right now its Texas and the 11 drawfs. And as of right now the big 12 is #4 or #5 in Overall BCS performance. So we need to jump up a bit. And as much as some people would like to think, the big 12 has some poor performance this year like years past, and that means some teams need to get back to old form. and as much as some people would hate to admit it on here, A&M needs needs to start winning again, instead of putting up mediocre seasons.
LOL yes we (A&M) must start winning, how about a for A&M>K. State this weekend...
Old 10-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Texas Director

I think atm is in trouble on the road in Manhattan this weekend. Under Fran the ags are a horrible road team. Unfortunately for atm fans the KSU game and the next one against ISU look to be the only winnable games left on the schedule, and the ags have got to win 'em both in order to qualify for a bowl game. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you guys as to how bad atm is.

NOT!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by mmiller
I think atm is in trouble on the road in Manhattan this weekend. Under Fran the ags are a horrible road team. Unfortunately for atm fans the KSU game and the next one against ISU look to be the only winnable games left on the schedule, and the ags have got to win 'em both in order to qualify for a bowl game. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you guys as to how bad atm is.

NOT!
I read that last sentence and was kind taken back that you would say something like that and then i scrolled down and was snapped back to reality

But yea our ONLY 2 road wins in the tenure of Fran have been in Ames and in Stillwater and that was last years season. And our only 2 road games this year have come up as 1 being a disapointment and the other being an embarassment.

I'm not "really" "worried" about ISU, but with our record on the road, im kinda iffy about it, they did put on a good show against Tech last week in the 1st quarter, but then cody hodges just took off.

As for the 2 remaining games in the season, things happen....but who knows....we will be seeing how both the A&M and texas regular season end on T+1.

-jon
Old 10-19-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

for the guy saying "T.U." Do you not realize that A&M was supposed to be the Agricultural side/department of The University of Texas?
Old 10-19-2005, 04:23 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BigBronco
for the guy saying "T.U." Do you not realize that A&M was supposed to be the Agricultural side/department of The University of Texas?
Aggies have been calling texas T.U. for a long time now, and no i did not realize that.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok phat, the removal of your head out of your *** needs to be moved from soon to immediate.

as Matt said kick off @ 2:30 pm sat.

but, we are hosting Cold Pizza on friday @ 8:30

and then as stated, Gameday sat. @ 9:30. I think gameday is lame, i have been once already, got on tv blah blah blah... but now, im on tv every game... aint no thing....

where is my sitcom Mr. Rich? HOLLAR on the cellular, we need to go to lunch!
Old 10-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Win or Lose I'm going to Austin, this is probably our biggest game of the season. If we keep it close or if we pull up the upset (don't see it happening unless we can stop Vince) maybe people will stop talking smack about our schedule. See you all in Austin.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by badboyracingws6
Win or Lose I'm going to Austin, this is probably our biggest game of the season. If we keep it close or if we pull up the upset (don't see it happening unless we can stop Vince) maybe people will stop talking smack about our schedule. See you all in Austin.

PM me your info, cell # all that stuff or hit me up on aim: BIG87Bronco... we wanted to see if any tech'ers were coming down and bring cars, might go out to the parmer meet
Old 10-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by BigBronco
and engineering department/side as well

And we were still founded in 1876 another thing we love to tote around on our cars other than the "saw em' off" sticker.

-jon

Old 10-19-2005, 08:07 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Funny seeing and hearing Mack Brown talk about the game on Fox last night. He didn't seem to think it's be a blow-out AT ALL! And he didn't downplay tech #7 ranking either. The feeling I got from him is that he's telling his team they'll need all they got to keep down our offense, because they are no joke!

Funny the nut-riding fans say one thing, and the only people that matter (on the field) say another entirely!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Texas Director

What the hell is he supposed to say genius? That Texas is far superior to Tech and will blow them out? This has to be the stupidest post of the year on college football.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:57 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by mmiller
What the hell is he supposed to say genius? That Texas is far superior to Tech and will blow them out? This has to be the stupidest post of the year on college football.
x2
Old 10-19-2005, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

I'm not saying that the UT defense won't stop Cody Hodges, but what a lot of people are overlooking is that he is a more efficient quarterback than sonny cumbie. Cumbie was full of flukes, and was the worst quarterback in the pocket in recent memory. I think the game will hang on how Hodges responds to the UT defense.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:26 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TexaSS
I'm not saying that the UT defense won't stop Cody Hodges, but what a lot of people are overlooking is that he is a more efficient quarterback than sonny cumbie. Cumbie was full of flukes, and was the worst quarterback in the pocket in recent memory. I think the game will hang on how Hodges responds to the UT defense.
True!! Hodges has been a very efficient passer while on the run which will be shown alot against UT's defense. I'm sure he will be flushed out of the pocket many times but that is where some of his bigger plays are made.

-Zach
Old 10-20-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zach@Texas-Speed
True!! Hodges has been a very efficient passer while on the run which will be shown alot against UT's defense. I'm sure he will be flushed out of the pocket many times but that is where some of his bigger plays are made.

-Zach

he, yall have not played a defense like ours... and dibbles, wright, and robinson will be all over that ***...
Old 10-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Tyler!!!!!!! Ya Go Texas!!! Ut!!! Hook 'em Horns!!!!

-- Bibbed

EDIT: I LOVE YOU TYLER.

Last edited by Bibbed; 10-20-2005 at 05:25 PM.