Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got $20 on the inside!
Old 10-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slayer Taunu First Of All How Can U Talk About A Track Being Ghetto When U Dont Need The Track To Be Prep Stop Being Cheap Buy Some Tires And U Only Ran A 8.7 I Can Walk That **** I Love Kennadale
Old 10-21-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Morbid
I got $20 on the inside!
Mother F*%#@R you better pay me!!! BANG BANG BANG

I told you to pay me.................
Old 10-22-2005, 01:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I went to Temple tonite, and it made me appreciate going back to Denton (home track). The "starting line crew" were complete asshats, I couldn't drive aroung the water box, and the pit area was a field. Not to mention the big *** incline you have to go up getting into the launch pad, I mean it didn't bother me too much but if I had a dedicated car I wouldn't race there.

Josh
Old 10-22-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brandon
ghetto for me is defined by people shooting, stabbing people, not the "look" of the track.
hell some of the more known tracks in the nation are narrower than kdale, less room, not nearly as nice, so i guess they could be more 'ghetto'... than some huge national even track.
yeah, by 'ghetto' i was referring to the 'quality' of the facility... sorry if anyone though that i thought the place was over run with gangs
Old 10-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
yeah, by 'ghetto' i was referring to the 'quality' of the facility... sorry if anyone though that i thought the place was over run with gangs
they kinda are over run with gangs...watch out for "gang" members like eric01ss, 1gencamaro....those are the offenders you want to watch out for.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cheater
Slayer Taunu First Of All How Can U Talk About A Track Being Ghetto When U Dont Need The Track To Be Prep Stop Being Cheap Buy Some Tires And U Only Ran A 8.7 I Can Walk That **** I Love Kennadale
first off, grow up. this board is about discussing things like an adult, not for insulting/attacking people.

there is nothing 'cheap' about me just not having the money to have two sets of wheels/tires. i have no interest in running drag radials on the street, so i'm saving to the point where i can get a 2nd set of wheels to put track tires on. also, DR's will turn my rear and clutch into ticking time bombs, so i cant upgrade the tires until i have the money to replace the clutch and rear if they fail. this car is currently my only car on the road, so i cant justify seriously reducing its reliablility and driveability at this time.

also, i am not only placing blame on the quality of the track, i also made a point to acknowledge my own shortcomings as a driver, as well as potential issues regarding the equipment on the car. it would have been ignorant and immature of me to only place blame on others... thats why i didn't do it.

in my opinion, a track should represent ideal driving conditions. I know its not often the case, but i feel that a track should hook just as well, if not better, than the street. the entire reason for street night at a track is that a track is a controlled environment, and is therefore safer than racing on the streets. a track that is slick to the point of my car going sideways at 45mph, defeats the point of increasing safety, cuz i sure as hell didn't feel safe.

next time, please read the whole story before you go around insulting/attacking people... especially in public.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Don't know if yall heard, but I'm sure you remember hearing bout the shootings out at my old track, Hallsville Raceway. Evidently, if you have an exchange of gunfire over a bet and you claim "they started it", it's called self defense. That's what the grand jury said anyways. Nobody was indicted. I believe the owner of Kennedale, Chuck, owned my track also. Sucks, now I have to drive an hour and a half to get my fix. Hallsville was 5 minutes from my house. Shame nobody wanted to drag race around here anymore.