First time at Kennedale - impressions

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default First time at Kennedale - impressions

So i finally went to Kennedale last night for the first time since being down here... first thing i have to say, is that place is MAD ghetto! looks like some guy decided to convert one of his farm fields into a drag strip. also, there was just about no one working the staging lanes, burnout boxes, or starting lines, so it was rather self-governance. there wasn't even a tech inspection! i was rather shocked at how unprofessional that place was run.

as far as my runs went... they were horseshit. my best run of the night was a 8.798 @ 83.18mph. my 60' times were approximatley the same as i was getting back at the home track (NED), 2.2s, but my issue was that i was totally lighting up my tires on the 1-2 shift. i tried lowering my tire pressure, which did nothing... and even tried granny shifting, but that didn't really help my times at all.

i might possibly be willing to try that place again on a night that they actually prep the track... but it looks like the next time i go racing, ill have to try ennis. only issue is that i dont seem to see a 'street night' on ennis' schedule... does anyone know if they do public racing nights?
Old 10-21-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go on a Sunday, there's more people. Therefore, a little more preparation.
Oh, and if I'm not mistaken, the track is the owner's back yard. I think his house is the one right there by the track.
And if you think that track is ghetto, go to the Denton track.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:02 PM
12 Second Club

I don't really like either Denton or Kennedale.

Kennedale has a lot better track prep than Denton does, on street nights that is.

I haven't been to Redline, but it's suppose to be good. Ennis is just overrated, they'll have street nights again soon probably. I think the only reason people like Ennis is because it's a 1/4 mile track. Other than that, I see no reason to go out there.

Then again, I won't be going to anymore tracks, so I don't care.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

just go to yellow belly if you want to see ghetto. That place is WICKED ghetto
Old 10-21-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

kdale is the best 1/8th around
you want ghetto go find yellowbelly or redline.
then come back and talk to us.

ennis might hook now that they had the nats out there and got some rubber on the track. I *heard* the track was like glass right after they scraped it...
Old 10-21-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

For what you have done to the car you should run a lot faster than that..
Old 10-21-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

oh and denton isnt really ghetto, its next to a rail line and a junk yard (although some nice "junk" in there), larger staging, etc, but track prep is worse for the most part.

remember man, you moved to Texas, where we have alot of land. you're house was at one time a farm....... thats how we do it.
you aint up north by the 'city' **** anymore...
Old 10-21-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

go on a friday night
Old 10-21-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like you may have some suspension issues with that 60ft. If you can't hook at Kdale you won't hook at Ennis either. Kdale isn't ghetto and neither is Denton, kdale is just an older track in an older part of town, the only thing I don't care for about Kdale is the short burn out box. Your lucky to have so many tracks in a short distance, my friends in Maryland have to drive 2 hours to the closest track.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Banned

ive been to all 3 and ennis is deffinatly the ****, plus i dont like the 1/8th
Old 10-21-2005, 01:43 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by Brandon
kdale is the best 1/8th around
you want ghetto go find yellowbelly or redline.
then come back and talk to us.

ennis might hook now that they had the nats out there and got some rubber on the track. I *heard* the track was like glass right after they scraped it...
How is redline a ghetto track?? that track is very nice and is also one of the newest tracks around.... You don't even go to the track so how can you tell someone that one track is ghetto and the other isn't..

Last edited by dan03mach; 10-21-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
just go to yellow belly if you want to see ghetto. That place is WICKED ghetto
yellow belly isnt wicked ghetto it's mad tizzziigghhhtt
Old 10-21-2005, 01:48 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Kennedale doesn't do too much track prep on Thurdays because it's street night.. You pretty much have to spray your own water if you want it and so on.. But it is one of the better hooking tracks out there.. BTW what kind of tires where you running on... If they were street tires, well there's your problem right there.. Tracks are made for Sticky tires.. What is there to inspect on your car anyway.. It's a street car that runs 8.7's, its not like its a race car that runs low 6's or 5's or something like that... If you ran too fast they would tell you that you need a helment, or cage, etc... But since your in street trim they don't really pay too much attention to your car..
Old 10-21-2005, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by monicaz28
Go on a Sunday, there's more people. Therefore, a little more preparation.
Oh, and if I'm not mistaken, the track is the owner's back yard. I think his house is the one right there by the track.
And if you think that track is ghetto, go to the Denton track.
The old owner used to live there...He sold it out to the Hefler brothers who have nothing to do with the current ownership of the track. Thursday and Sundays are by far the 2 most laid back days out there. If you want rear breaking prep, you need to go on Wednesdays or Fridays. Its ran way better then any of the other tracks. Denton definitely is much worse...Redline has disappointed both times ive gone with the DFWstangs groups. Kennedale just had a bad showing last night.

Street nights are meant to be laid back out there on Thursday and Sunday nights. Thats for sure. Friday or Wednesday is your better days to go there. Trust me. (i used to run the starting line and ive visited all the tracks around here...)Nothing comes close to what goes on behind the scenes with the kennedale crew.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
ive been to all 3 and ennis is deffinatly the ****, plus i dont like the 1/8th
You dont like 1/8 because your car probably is a 6 speed and doesnt do well in the 1/8 anyway...haha You remind me of the roll racers...That want to start from 60 to see who is faster from a roll...
Old 10-21-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

My bad about the owner thing, that's just what I had heard...
And I've been out to Kennedale on Thursdays and Sundays and the experience seems better on Sundays.
And Denton is definitely worse, they don't prep at all. Oh, and in the winter, Denton sucks because it's so windy there.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

elite: my problem with hooking, is due to the fact that i'm not used to launching a 6-speed yet. as far as suspension issues, i was getting a lot of tirehop off the line, which i've never gotten before... i usually just get spin. i do have a decent amount of chassis/suspension stuff (check my sig), so i'd think i wouldn't be very prone to that.

dan03mach: yes, i'm running street tires (BFG KDW), but even at New England Dragway (which is considered the worst track in the area), at WORST, i will chirp all 3 shifts... usually only the first one or two when its a decent night. it kinda scared the **** out of me when i totally lit up the tires on the 1-2 shift and started going sideways ... as far as tech inspection, NED checks your battery tiedown, clutch/neutral ignition lockout, seatbelt, and helmet certification (for 14.0 and faster). they also look for window chips and ask you if there are any leaks (i've never seen someone actually look under a car).

brandon: yes, there is a lot of land down here... so why arent all the tracks 1/4mi? 1/8th does seem like a neat idea for practicing launch technique though, since you're only really doing the first half of the race.

01 red ws6: yes, i should be running faster, but i spent half the trip down the track trying to find traction in 2nd gear... by the time 2nd gear hooked, i was crossing the line right after getting into 3rd

monicaz28: i think i'd be afraid to see what denton is like
Old 10-21-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol, welcome to Texas!
Old 10-21-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

because 1/4 are expensive and require alot more room, not just an 1/8th mile more.
i believe the rulling on 1/4 tracks requires 1/2mile shutdown room..

nope dan, i've never stepped foot on a track in my life get over what ever little problem you have with me not going to the track every ****** day its open and racing my car.
ghetto for me is defined by people shooting, stabbing people, not the "look" of the track.
hell some of the more known tracks in the nation are narrower than kdale, less room, not nearly as nice, so i guess they could be more 'ghetto'... than some huge national even track.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:03 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

I don't have a problem with you not going to the track and running, I know your car can't handle it so no big deal.. I just wanted to know what your diffenition of ghetto was since you said redline was ghetto even though it is a very nice track and one of the newest out in the area.. Now I know what you mean by ghetto, but shootings, stabbings, and what not can happen anywhere where there are alot of people betting money on races... That doesn't make it a ghetto track..