Can the Aggies pull this one off?!!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005 | 06:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Spazdout
take it or leave it
as long as it makes sense......it works for me!!
Old 11-28-2005 | 07:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Dear god....
What is wrong with you? I really don't know what to say to something that terrible. I'm embarassed for you, and your University. (if one would even claim you)

Oh yeah, well tell that to my employer who has been happily paying me six figures for the last 4 years college boy

PS - It was just a joke. Don't take yourself so seriously....
Old 11-28-2005 | 07:27 PM
TECH Veteran

fran left bama, b/c he wanted to come to a program that idolized football, and A&M comes pretty close to that.

-jon
WTF are you smoking Are you trying to say that that Texas A&M cares more about football than Alabama? A team that is in the top 3 in total victories, has gone to and won MORE bowl games than ANY other in the country If coach Fran was not such a ***** he could have been crowned king in the state of Alabama,but he could'nt deal with the probation and he skipped out without having the ***** to face the team, I am so glad that ******* is gone,true colors were displayed,we are 9-2 with only 77 scholarship players in aurguably the top football conference in the nation,you guys can keep that phuctard
Old 11-28-2005 | 07:46 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by ss rally red
WTF are you smoking Are you trying to say that that Texas A&M cares more about football than Alabama? A team that is in the top 3 in total victories, has gone to and won MORE bowl games than ANY other in the country If coach Fran was not such a ***** he could have been crowned king in the state of Alabama,but he could'nt deal with the probation and he skipped out without having the ***** to face the team, I am so glad that ******* is gone,true colors were displayed,we are 9-2 with only 77 scholarship players in aurguably the top football conference in the nation,you guys can keep that phuctard
No where in there did i say that A&M cared more about football than bama. It was just in his contract clause @ TCU he listed A&M as one of the schools he would bail to if they came calling. BUT! you are completely right about him jumping ship b/c of the NCAA probation, if i was a coach i would have done the same thing.....sorry bama, look at past teams that have violated rules; SMU & the huskies are former shells of themselves that violated rules.
but look at you know.

-jon
Old 11-28-2005 | 07:55 PM
Banned

I'm with you man, Alabama is definetly at the top of the pure football programs you think about when you think college football

not to mention if Prothro doesn't go out at a horrible time, Alabama might be looking at an outside shot at a National Championship bid

A&M and Bama might as well be sister schools with the coach sharing we've gone through.
Old 11-28-2005 | 08:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by D Hurr is Like
I'm with you man, Alabama is definetly at the top of the pure football programs you think about when you think college football

not to mention if Prothro doesn't go out at a horrible time, Alabama might be looking at an outside shot at a National Championship bid

A&M and Bama might as well be sister schools with the coach sharing we've gone through.
I agree with you 100%, when you only have 77 players on scholarship and a player like Tyrone Prothro goes down there is no replacement,and you are also right about coaching and philosiphy the programs are very simular,but Fran in MHO is a sell out,little story here,right before he left there were several thousand bobble head dolls made in his likeness,As I recall almost all were sold to golfers ready to tee off with the driver Every Alabama fan saw Fran as the "second" coming,now most of us love to keep up with the www.franunderfire.com website
Old 11-28-2005 | 08:21 PM
Ginger Hater

I was in Fort Worth when fran bailed on TCU, and i saw him do it again to bama, and i sure as hell hope that he doesn't bail on A&M, when we get this program turned around.

Alot of people viewed fran as the 2nd coming down here as well.....
Old 11-28-2005 | 08:41 PM
Banned

I agree with you 100%, when you only have 77 players on scholarship and a player like Tyrone Prothro goes down there is no replacement,and you are also right about coaching and philosiphy the programs are very simular,but Fran in MHO is a sell out,little story here,right before he left there were several thousand bobble head dolls made in his likeness,As I recall almost all were sold to golfers ready to tee off with the driver Every Alabama fan saw Fran as the "second" coming,now most of us love to keep up with the www.franunderfire.com website

Alabama needed a great year like they got this year for some much needed recruiting publicity, hopefully you can replace Croyle with somebody as comfortable in the pocket, not sure how good Wilson or Barnes are, maybe you've seen them, but it looks as though the reigns will be handed to them next year, assuming Prothro returns along with Darby and Bama's super-young and already fairly good offensive line, Alabama should be worthy of a Top 15 pre-season ranking, maybe top 10

and with their defense being so young and already so good, in a versatile strong SEC conference, the sky is the limit, if they haven't proven they're far and away the best conference in football, they will next year, and this is coming from a Big 10 supporter, the 2nd best conference out there IMO
Old 11-28-2005 | 08:44 PM
Banned

I was in Fort Worth when fran bailed on TCU, and i saw him do it again to bama, and i sure as hell hope that he doesn't bail on A&M, when we get this program turned around.

Alot of people viewed fran as the 2nd coming down here as well.....

Yeah i sure thought Fran was going to bring a lot more than is evident thus far, but the future looks semi-bright; it seems as the players have made their own identities and if Fran can bring them together as a team, and do SOMETHING, ANYTHING about the defense, they can maybe get a berth in the Cotton Bowl next year, don't we have Tech at Kyle next year? and OU is rebuilding along with us...Aggies maybe 9-3 next year? 8-4? that's a lot of credit though, i won't count my chickens before they hatch, let's just see if the aggies can be come bowl eligible

Last edited by D Hurr is Like; 11-28-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-28-2005 | 09:04 PM
Banned

Didn't Alabama have negative yardage against Auburn?
Old 11-28-2005 | 09:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by alexf20c
Didn't Alabama have negative yardage against Auburn?

No, they had less than 100 yards difference between theirs and Auburn's, Alabama just didn't show up defensively like they had prior in the year.
Old 11-28-2005 | 09:43 PM
Ginger Hater

http://www.coachfran.com/news.aspx?id=349

Well Torbush is gone.