Gas power R/C cars.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandy
Out of the box it will be hands down the fastest one, at least 10 more mph top speed. It's so new that aftermarket parts haven't really hit the market and the racers haven't had a chance to fine tune them. On paper it's freakin badass but I don't know anyone thats racing one.

You won't be disappointed with any of the above but when stuff starts breaking you'll wish you had an Associated. You buy a GT and every hobby shop in the country will have whatever parts you need in 3 different brands. That and Associated probably has a couple of different versions of every part.

With a totally brand new truck like the Jato there is no aftermarket support. GT and Losi parts won't fit it so you are stuck with Traxxas. Break a steering arm and you'll be down for weeks waiting for them to come back into stock. Nothing like checking with every Traxxas dealer in town to see if someone has spare parts on the shelf. I waited for nearly a complete year on my old Nitro 4tec for some front end pieces, ridiculous.
Umm I know I'll have broken parts for sure, so now I'm even more confused, cause I do want something fast right out of the box. But would like options on aftermarket modz, like head modz, pipes, light weight mods etc...
Old 12-02-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
My dads best friend flies those things he has all kinds I think he even has a jet powered one. DO you know a guy named Randy Martin? He is out at the fields ALL the time from what I understand.
No, don't know him. Of course I don't fly in Houston. I started the hobby back in the mid 90's and then got out of it and into my car after '02. Now I'm starting to get back into it...
Old 12-02-2005, 03:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdotcom
I got a HPI savage .21 2 days after they came out and modded the **** outa it.

If anybody wants it i'll gladly sell it (i need money for the car)
Would that fit my car and would a .21 be too much?? What did you mod on the .21?

Old 12-02-2005, 04:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by setxws6
This is my R/C machine...betcha mines the fastest!

what did that plane run yA$$$$$
Old 12-02-2005, 04:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

What would be the biggest engine I could put on my car????
Old 12-02-2005, 04:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like one I traded to Brad (2k2LS1) a few months ago Not many bastardized RS4s out there with Traxxas power.

was that hard to convert?
Old 12-02-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by regorih383

there is a quote button and a way to quote everyone on one post...

Looks like you need some researching to do son.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Most R/C planes range anywhere from 100 to 200 on average. They are called ARF which means almost-ready-to-fly. They come built and covered, you just have to put them together. I already had the engine and radio for it from a previous plane. Altogether this plane was 170 bucks. The engine is a .46 size and the radio is a 4 channel with 4 servos.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:25 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Nope, the TRX 2.5 motor comes with a threaded crank so it's adjustable. I had to buy a shorter pipe (Dynamite) and the Traxxas header. There are cheaper options out there that probably make more power.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:37 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

What would be the biggest engine I could put on my car????
You can put one of the .90 helicopter engines if you have the time and patience. The OS .18 CVRs are probably the baddest thing you'd want to try though. There are motors that make more power but they require a deft hand at tuning and lots of maintenance. The big OS engines fit easily, run reliably and make tons of power, more than enough to power the car to speeds way faster than the car can reasonably be controlled.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

forgot to mention the box of goodies has a full dominator chassis and diffs too....

brandy buy the crap from me
Old 12-02-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

Would that fit my car and would a .21 be too much?? What did you mod on the .21?
I dont have the nitro star .21 bb anymore, it broke real quick so i got an ofna pico sport .21.

EDIT: if anybody wants the savage it comes with everythign you need to drive and everything i own thta is r/c, (which includes another kyosho stadium truck nad 3 tool boxes with tools and all sorts of crap)

pm me if you want pics or anything.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:06 AM
TECH Resident

i have one except mine isnt a car, its a Tmaxx truck. i never use it and im really in need of money right now so im thinking about selling it. if anyone is interested let me know. TIA
Old 12-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

i have a RC10GT that I just got runnin the other day after about a year....
Old 12-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Nope, the TRX 2.5 motor comes with a threaded crank so it's adjustable. I had to buy a shorter pipe (Dynamite) and the Traxxas header. There are cheaper options out there that probably make more power.

You DO know that the TRX2.5 is still a .15 right? It's 2.5ccs.

Traxxas is horrible. My first nitro rc car was a 2.5 Tmaxx and that thing sucked, I ended up buying well over $1000 worth of crap to keep it running.

As far as a .21 in that car, forget it. If you do fit it it will handle horribly.
Your best bet is to get a Fantom .18 engine. It was one of the things I had to buy to replace the crap 2.5 TRX and I loved it. It was easy to tune, and made GOBS of torque and top end power!

Also just to set the record straight: for anyone that knows about how a 2 stroke engine functions... they would know that superchargers do not work, and the little power they do provide, it is negated by the extra weight. Reasoning why? The intake and exhaust valves are open at nearly the same time. Not enough time to boost the combustion chamber pressures. Especially if it is spinning at 20,000 rpms.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

my TRX2.5 screamed and run damn good.

i will agree that the tmaxx was a parts nightmare. Id break something, then come back home from the store, fix it, take it out, and the damn part right next to it would break.

I was fedup and almost build a dominator hybrid with supermaxx parts. Now a pure supermaxx was the ****, but ungoddly expensive. My tmaxx went through hell and back, and eventually sold it to some kid, took a hit on it, but oh well. the RC10GT RTR+ that I had took all kinds of abuse, but still broke. I'll have to post a picture of the chassis that I taco'd. after a little port work and a little 'hot' tune, new tire glue, it went around a corner probalby doin 50+ with the tires ballooned up, and ended up hitting a tranny xmember on a C1500 truck. it was BAD. but damn it ran good for those 10 seconds...