Looking for a tuner in Houston Tx.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcalcote
I will personally NEVER use MTI for ANYTHING again. I got my car tuned there for the $500 dollars and was told that any changes would be retuned for $75. Well I changed my 6 speed to a TH350 and called them up and explained to them what I did and that I needed to bring it back in and get the speedo to work right.

They told me it would be more than the $75 dollars, probably about $150...So okay I made a big change, maybe it would cost a little more, no big deal. Well I made my appointment and showed up. The guy takes my keys (Sorry I don't remember their names) and goes back to talk to the tuner. A few minutes later he comes back and tells me they are going to have to put it on the dyno to fix it and that it would be about $250 since they will have to RE Flash the PCM to an auto. And then on top of that it may take another $250 to get it running right after they re flash it to an auto tune.

Well I have that $500 dollar look on my face and the guy tells me that if he would have known that I changed the tranny on my car when I talked to him on the phone he could have told me it would have cost more....I speciffically told him that I swapped from an M6 to an A3. He says, "No you told me it was a stall and gears."
Then he wants to argue with me and tell me I am wrong about what I told him on the phone.

The next thing he does is where my business ended forever with MTI. He throws my keys back to me and says "HPE is across town...you can go there if you want".

So of course I had to let them know what I thought about that after driving from Conroe to get there. I would never recommend anyone go to MTI for anything ever again.

Sorry about the long post but this was just 2 days ago and I saw this post.

Daniel Calcote
Your wrong i didn't want to argue with you! lol that's why i told you to go to HPE. I'm not going to waste my time going back and forth with you about it. I'm not going to create a whole new program for you for free or even $250. If you want a WHOLE tune you are going to pay for it or you can get it somewhere else. I'm not going to spend hours locating the right vin, upload the program from gm, reflash your computer, upload the new file out of the computer, then re-do the entire tune for less than the price of a new tune. I would personally charge even more if it were up to me.

Chris

Last edited by NiceTry; 07-23-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
High class business there.
Your right that is high class business. I'm not going to waste my time fighting with people when i have things to take care of. You get the best tune around with us hands down and if you don't think so or don't want to pay for it take it somewhere else. We aren't one of the many new shops that mommy and daddy bought their son and have to ***** tech in order to get business.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:24 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You replied just as I deleted that post. Thats fine Chris, I am out of this. It is not even my fight.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NiceTry
We aren't one of the many new shops that mommy and daddy bought their son and have to ***** tech in order to get business.
OUCH

Old 07-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Chris...If you want to talk about this, you can call me on my cell phone (281)639-9081. I don't know why you want to talk about it now all of a sudden, when I was there you told me I could go to HPE and you walked out of the room and shut the door behind you.

If I would have been told I needed a whole new tune to begin with while I was on the phone, I would have never showed up. That is not what I came in for. If you would have listened to me on the phone I told you that I swapped from a M6 to a A3 and the main thing I needed was to get the speedometer to work. Somehow you got "stall and gears" out of that.

Like I said, If you really care to talk about it you can call me, instead of clogging up this thread.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NiceTry
If you want a WHOLE tune you are going to pay for it

Chris
I thought he already did?
Old 07-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Launching!

Sprayed, you are right I had already had the whole tune. If I am not mistaken, when I got that tune I was told ANY mod could be retuned for $75. Great deal, huh?
Old 07-23-2006, 08:03 PM
FormerVendor

I will personally NEVER use MTI for ANYTHING again. I got my car tuned there for the $500 dollars and was told that any changes would be retuned for $75. Well I changed my 6 speed to a TH350 and called them up and explained to them what I did and that I needed to bring it back in and get the speedo to work right.

They told me it would be more than the $75 dollars, probably about $150...So okay I made a big change, maybe it would cost a little more, no big deal. Well I made my appointment and showed up. The guy takes my keys (Sorry I don't remember their names) and goes back to talk to the tuner. A few minutes later he comes back and tells me they are going to have to put it on the dyno to fix it and that it would be about $250 since they will have to RE Flash the PCM to an auto. And then on top of that it may take another $250 to get it running right after they re flash it to an auto tune.

Well I have that $500 dollar look on my face and the guy tells me that if he would have known that I changed the tranny on my car when I talked to him on the phone he could have told me it would have cost more....I speciffically told him that I swapped from an M6 to an A3. He says, "No you told me it was a stall and gears."
Then he wants to argue with me and tell me I am wrong about what I told him on the phone.

The next thing he does is where my business ended forever with MTI. He throws my keys back to me and says "HPE is across town...you can go there if you want".

So of course I had to let them know what I thought about that after driving from Conroe to get there. I would never recommend anyone go to MTI for anything ever again.

Sorry about the long post but this was just 2 days ago and I saw this post.

Daniel Calcote

Charlie sorry to jack your tread...

Anyone that knows me knows that I will go out of my way to help a customer, and that I am one to say out of this internet confrontations butttt....
Daniel when you were at the shop other day and the issue came about, there were a few things that could have happened to avoid the situation. I understand that you where mad at the $ of the retune, but you must understand we have to re-flash the pcm and completely tune the vehicle. This is when you proceeded to start swearing at Chris, up until that point I was willing to help you, but you pushed things to far with your actions in the showroom. Sorry you feel that way about MTI. If you want to further discuss the situation feel free to call me at the shop 281-870-8787

Scooter
Old 07-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Banned

Yeah, swearing at people is not nice
Old 07-23-2006, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

Poor guy his thread got jacked.....
Old 07-23-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chris...If you want to talk about this, you can call me on my cell phone (281)639-9081. I don't know why you want to talk about it now all of a sudden, when I was there you told me I could go to HPE and you walked out of the room and shut the door behind you.

If I would have been told I needed a whole new tune to begin with while I was on the phone, I would have never showed up. That is not what I came in for. If you would have listened to me on the phone I told you that I swapped from a M6 to a A3 and the main thing I needed was to get the speedometer to work. Somehow you got "stall and gears" out of that.

Like I said, If you really care to talk about it you can call me, instead of clogging up this thread.
Then it must have been someone else i talked to and you delt with another person at the shop. I had a retune scheduled for that morning and it was for a guy who "put a converter and gears" in his car. I told him we wouldn't even have to put it on the dyno and it would be simple fix. I didn't even plan on charging the person for it.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
I thought he already did?
You are right he did and he got his car tuned. But you have to pay for the whole new tune you get when you flash the car back to a stock auto file and start all over...
Old 07-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Connely's Performance...They did a amazing job tuning my HC 347. Very great shop and really nice guys. You don't have to worry about some big ego trip. Jeff is the one that tunned my car.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OldBlue
Poor guy his thread got jacked.....
hes had his car tuned already before this, it was just getting good, lol
Old 07-24-2006, 01:52 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

This thread is done!

charlie c5 started this thread 7-1/2 months ago, and we always have this question asked many times on where to go and get tuned in Houston.
Then the thread gets hijacked, and sponsor bashing starts = no good.

Craig
LS1TECH.com Staff