Anybody live in Longview?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krexken
I think I've got the fastest car in town.
Yay! Another Longviewite or Longviewian, whichever. What color is your car? I'll keep an eye out for you. My car should be fairly easy to spot.

Originally Posted by SJRTX
...Was the Mustang a red fox body?
Nope. It's green with a large primer gray square on the driver's side door and some gauge mounted on the hood in front of the windshield.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Launching!

I live close but havent been out in about a year.I bought a house and got married so i dont have time for much.I used to have a H/C TA but sold it about a year ao and got this 01 z.I plan in the next couple months doing something to it once i get it out of the bodyshop.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:53 PM
12 Second Club

im in longview live over off of Bill Owens... got a 96 LT1 Trans Am green.. i hang out with a lot of the guys over at Ivan Smith on the side of the loop on the weekends should come in sometime unless you already do and i just didnt know it was you.. some pretty nice TAs in that group but yeah i know marcus it aint not 700 hp not unless hes done a ton of **** recently that no one knows about and i doubt that because he loves to talk and you would know about it pretty quick if he did
Old 01-04-2006, 11:56 PM
12 Second Club

hey komik if ya want i can send ya my phone number and give ya some directions to where that group hangs out on the weekends.... i wont be here this weekend though got to drive to shreveport (AF Reserve) might be out for a bit Friday night but not to terribly late.... send me a PM komik
Old 01-11-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Hey guys I am from longview and there a few people that i hang out with and they race all the time on the loop its usually between 10:30 to midnight when there are less cars on the road. BTW I don't hang out with the Ivan smith group. If you guys really want to race your cars you should come by the wingstop parking lot and pick the car you want to race because these guys are just waiting for someone to race. There is a mustang cobra that is fast and chevelle that is really fast so come out and lets see what you got. I btw have a 2000 TA but now is not race ready. See you around!
Old 01-12-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My cars still stock, so I don't have any ambitions to race people right now. Well, at least not people with V8's. Though I did race a red Formy down my street on my way home tonight...
Old 01-13-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

That's cool but if you want to hang out we will be there.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

hey komik you gonna come out tonight
Old 01-13-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll try to make it. People start showing up around 8:30 ~ 9:00?
Old 01-14-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The fastest that hangs out with us is an 01 firehawk. He went 11.80s on street tires. There are a few fast ones. 98 T/A, 12.4 before cam. Rudy's WS6 went mid, low 12s. There are acually a lot cars at ivan worthy of 12s.
As far as the wing stop group. The only one of us the cobra has beat is a stock firehawk, the guy had just bought it about a month before and is still scared to drive it. And i hate to say it, but marcus called the chevelle out and the guy would not race. I guess the chevelle will just have to race one of the non 700 HP cars.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is the guy with the Firehawk (the one that's scared to race) on this site? I thought I had seen his plate on here before. Or maybe it was the guy he bought it from. (SSAPIR 1, Illinois plate)
Old 01-15-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no, he is not on this site.

Anyway the chevelle broke last night during a run so we still dont know how fast it is...
Old 01-16-2006, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

hey guys heres some photos of the cars that showed up at that meet at Hooters in McKinney i was talking about

this 3rg gen was badass

Old 01-21-2006, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Formula96
The fastest that hangs out with us is an 01 firehawk. He went 11.80s on street tires. There are a few fast ones. 98 T/A, 12.4 before cam. Rudy's WS6 went mid, low 12s. There are acually a lot cars at ivan worthy of 12s.
As far as the wing stop group. The only one of us the cobra has beat is a stock firehawk, the guy had just bought it about a month before and is still scared to drive it. And i hate to say it, but marcus called the chevelle out and the guy would not race. I guess the chevelle will just have to race one of the non 700 HP cars.
I don't know how I missed this thread, but I'm just gonna have to bring it back from the dead.

Sean you know the Chevelle is slow, I had three cars on it before it broke, I was off the bottle BTW. When he get's it back together I'll even give him a rematch. Same conditions, from a stop, my car off the bottle

SJRTX, I don't know why you have to hate on us like that. Not everybody runs their mouth like Marcus. We just hang out and talk about cars and do a little street racing, just like every other town. Longview isn't close to being DFW so your not gonna see built racecars out on a friday or saturday night. It's just like any other place... the guys with the faster cars in our group know our cars aren't that fast. I don't consider 12's or really even 11's all that impressive and neither do they. Once I get my new setup together I'll be dissapointed w/ an 11 sec pass. Someone will always be faster, that's what this game is all about. Don't let one person that likes to talk up their car effect your opinion about all of us. Hell, we hardly ever even race anymore, we all know where everybody stands, so bring something out sometime and we'll have a little fun. If you have been in the scene long you know the **** talkers are usually slow. The only reason I talk **** about the Chevelle is cause he ran his mouth, if he hadn't it would have been nothing.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

SSAPIR 1 posting under my name

yea... this is the slow stock firehawk... i am far from afraid to race. and if you really want to go... we can run anywhere and anytime. im not scared to lose... but thats not why i dont race.... i dont race because the car is stock and up for sale... and broke stuff isnt worth much.... haha... isnt that right chevelle
anyway.... dont run your head unless you are gonna race. besides.. i thought your car was supposed to be soooo fast
Old 01-22-2006, 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

Default To Jay

first and foremost. when one of you actually outrun my stock Z28, with your stock f body, that will be the day. as far as **** talkers being slow, not a one of you on here can say you can beat my car in that case. not talking about 1 race i'm talking best of 5. jay i drug your ***, not once but 3 times, when you drove all the way up here from houston with your little 310 HPE dyno sheet. remember that, cause a bunch of people up town do. and i dont remember you riding in my car. i have never told anyone my car has 700hp and it never will. as for trannys, its 2 trans now, the original and an used one, so yall can kiss my a-- on that one. now if it was for **** talkers this board better look for a boat, cause yall have it flowing downstream. what really sucks, is any of yall see me uptown almost everyweekend, dont talk trash here and hide it, be man enough to come on out and say it to my face. not a threat, i will run anyone, i dont care how fast you are. always do it for the fun of it, because i love it. hell i'll race you in my sons KIA if you want, but now i guess that takes the fun away from it since i didnt spend at least a grand to outrun someone. you get the point, **** talking has always been part of hotrodding and racing, if you cant do it and have fun with it, why do it at all. enough for now till i get out my pissed off mood.

Last edited by marc_longview; 01-22-2006 at 12:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Texas_TA
im in longview live over off of Bill Owens... got a 96 LT1 Trans Am green.. i hang out with a lot of the guys over at Ivan Smith on the side of the loop on the weekends should come in sometime unless you already do and i just didnt know it was you.. some pretty nice TAs in that group but yeah i know marcus it aint not 700 hp not unless hes done a ton of **** recently that no one knows about and i doubt that because he loves to talk and you would know about it pretty quick if he did

who the hell are you. you know me, but i cant place you. i aint never hid anything i have done, run what you brung, always been the motto. the fact is, every time i outrun someone, they always accuse me of spraying or some ****. if im gonna spray ya, ill be honest about it. if i said i wont or didnt, then it wont happen
Old 01-22-2006, 01:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SJRTX
Oh, Marc(short for Marcus). Unless he got some major mods, hes full of it. The car used to be bone *** stock. I think he put a kit on it. Aint no way its making 700hp.

That guy is such a dolt-I used to watch him tell people that his car came with the LS6 motor making 400hp-stock.

I'll do some checking to see if anything has changed, but I guaran-damn-tee you it's not "putting down" 700hp.

The guy is such a dumbass, he tried racing a buddy's car(mid 9 sec car) when the LS1 was stock.

He has a 01 stripper z28, stock, that he thinks is about the fastest car in town. Dont worry about him-he's a local moron. Everyone with a fast car thinks the same thing.

This would be his profile on the local Longview/Tyler forum: http://www.oldwestracing.com/yabbse2...=profile;u=641

On Edit: He's on here to, but hasnt logged in, in over a year: https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=30057
all said and done, this local moron is gonna kick your little scrawny ***, just like i did to your HPE tuned car...HAHAHAHA(**** talking again, but the truth). you can talk ****, thats fine, but when you call me names, thats wrong . well see if you got the ***** to do it when your in town, just let me know when you will back up this way. and for your info, the numbers on the block do match with an ls6 block, the heads are still ls1 ********. if you dont think it ever happened call GM ask if they ever substituted one block for the other.. nah i aint gonna kick your ***, that just my anger talking, your intitled to your opinion, and to you its worth a million bucks. so have fun, get you another fbody and come play.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SPEEDYws6
SJRTX, I don't know why you have to hate on us like that. Not everybody runs their mouth like Marcus. We just hang out and talk about cars and do a little street racing, just like every other town. Longview isn't close to being DFW so your not gonna see built racecars out on a friday or saturday night. It's just like any other place... the guys with the faster cars in our group know our cars aren't that fast. I don't consider 12's or really even 11's all that impressive and neither do they. Once I get my new setup together I'll be dissapointed w/ an 11 sec pass. Someone will always be faster, that's what this game is all about. Don't let one person that likes to talk up their car effect your opinion about all of us. Hell, we hardly ever even race anymore, we all know where everybody stands, so bring something out sometime and we'll have a little fun. If you have been in the scene long you know the **** talkers are usually slow. The only reason I talk **** about the Chevelle is cause he ran his mouth, if he hadn't it would have been nothing.
damn, i got alot of catching up to do, since i seem to be the topic in here. well now as i recall you run your mouth with the best of us and theres nothing wrong with that. your the pot calling the kettle black. and if i am the only one who talks **** up there, you can all kiss my ***, dont call when you need to borrow tires so you can outrun the chevelle, dont call when you need a micro switch. get the pic, i have a bad rep around here i guess. maybe its because i am proud of my car. we all know you have well over 3000 in goodies in your car and the last time we race best out of 5 you were 2 wins, i was 3 wins. not bad for a **** talker with well less than a 1000 total goodies, minus not spraying. anyway, still think of you as a friend, just not as a good one.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

best out of 5 racing?

Quick Reply: Anybody live in Longview?