Anybody live in Longview?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, where to start
i hang out in longview occasionally and i can tell you that the red Z does not have near 700hp, im pretty sure i could put about 7 or 8 cars on him with ease

komik, i have seen your car in longview a few weeks ago and i will say it is a nice car

as for the pewter firehawk, yeah its pretty fast but by far not the fastest thing i have seen sitting at ivan. i know a few of the longview crew and there is another t/a in longview that should run some LOW 11s pretty easily on the bottle and i have seen a teal green mustang coupe and a white mustang coupe that i heard are pretty damn fast and also an 03 cobra that ran 11s i think. also not to mention the old school crew like mark b and some others that had some 9-10 sec street rides, im not sure if they have been at ivan but i know they used to hang out back in the day at discount.

its been a few months since i have been out but there are a ton of f-bods hangin out it seems like, i just know about the pewter firehawk and a couple of t/a's and that "stock" red Z that pretty much cant be beat
the wingstop cars are all 13 sec cars from what i have seen, the chevelle may be faster now (im guessing yall are talkin bout the black and primer one) but the cobra didnt fair to well against my buddy one night

i will have to come back out and see whats happenin
Old 01-24-2006, 02:56 AM
Teching In

Wikkid, who are you?
Old 01-24-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wikkid
well, where to start
i hang out in longview occasionally and i can tell you that the red Z does not have near 700hp, im pretty sure i could put about 7 or 8 cars on him with ease

komik, i have seen your car in longview a few weeks ago and i will say it is a nice car

as for the pewter firehawk, yeah its pretty fast but by far not the fastest thing i have seen sitting at ivan. i know a few of the longview crew and there is another t/a in longview that should run some LOW 11s pretty easily on the bottle and i have seen a teal green mustang coupe and a white mustang coupe that i heard are pretty damn fast and also an 03 cobra that ran 11s i think. also not to mention the old school crew like mark b and some others that had some 9-10 sec street rides, im not sure if they have been at ivan but i know they used to hang out back in the day at discount.

its been a few months since i have been out but there are a ton of f-bods hangin out it seems like, i just know about the pewter firehawk and a couple of t/a's and that "stock" red Z that pretty much cant be beat
the wingstop cars are all 13 sec cars from what i have seen, the chevelle may be faster now (im guessing yall are talkin bout the black and primer one) but the cobra didnt fair to well against my buddy one night

i will have to come back out and see whats happenin

I'm sorry, i havn't seen anything that will even look twice at the firehawk. you say that they are out there. Why dont you go ahead and bring them out.

EVERY F-BODY SHOULD HAVE SIDE PIPES!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Who's bottle fed TA are you talking about? Mine "should" run 11's stock internal, but it hasn't yet, just spins through every gear. Like I said earlier, after cam and tires I'll be pissed if it doesn't run 10's on the bottle.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:07 PM
9 Second Club

Damn, how did I miss this thread?!?!?! I grew up near Longview (Ore City) and cruised on that damn loop a lot back in tha day. I used to have a '95 Silver Trans Am A4 with a Comp TA stripe, anyone remember it? Since then I have upgraded to an '01 SS M6. I need to drive it when I come home sometime, I just don't like putting that many miles on it. But next time I come back home, I'll post up, I wanna meet some of you guys.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Teching In

i called a buddy of mine and he said the teal mustang i was talking about ran 10s and the white one has been in the low low 11s. both of those are faster than the firehawk, also look for a dark green fox body mustang soon, its a 347 w/ an 83mm turbo, i would like to see that firehawk even think about hangin with it

the t/a i was referring to is pewter, i heard what mods it had and it should run low 11s easily

TRMIN8R, were you hangin out at chik-fil-a a long time ago in it? if so you raced a black cobra i think
Old 01-24-2006, 03:34 PM
9 Second Club

i called a buddy of mine and he said the teal mustang i was talking about ran 10s and the white one has been in the low low 11s. both of those are faster than the firehawk, also look for a dark green fox body mustang soon, its a 347 w/ an 83mm turbo, i would like to see that firehawk even think about hangin with it

the t/a i was referring to is pewter, i heard what mods it had and it should run low 11s easily

TRMIN8R, were you hangin out at chik-fil-a a long time ago in it? if so you raced a black cobra i think

Na, I haven't driven it back home yet. I really want to since I'm 5500 feet above sea level here in Albuquerque and I would love to see how it runs at sea level.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn the **** is getting deep in here. The white coupe used to be faster, but won't be again until he gets the powerglide out of it. Yes there are cars faster than the hawk, usually one in the parking lot that will give it a run for the money. The hawk is by no means slow but it's not the fastest in town, Terrance will agree (the owner).
Old 01-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Guess that's Rudy... Or did I get mods that I don't even know about...again.

Maybe I did an M6 swap with a single turbo this time.

Again, I ask...who are you, Wikkid?

TRMIN8R, how long ago did you have your Comp T/A in Longview? I might have met you.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:42 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by FireShadow
Guess that's Rudy... Or did I get mods that I don't even know about...again.

Maybe I did an M6 swap with a single turbo this time.

Again, I ask...who are you, Wikkid?

TRMIN8R, how long ago did you have your Comp T/A in Longview? I might have met you.

Oh man, it was back in 2000 and 2001. I remember meeting some folks with fbodies and they had an fbody club. We used to meet in the parking lot of hastings on the loop. I also remember a guy named Cody with a red '97 SS.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SPEEDYws6
Damn the **** is getting deep in here. The white coupe used to be faster, but won't be again until he gets the powerglide out of it. Yes there are cars faster than the hawk, usually one in the parking lot that will give it a run for the money. The hawk is by no means slow but it's not the fastest in town, Terrance will agree (the owner).
fact is. there are several f bodies in town capable of low 12's or better. just always been a shitty track we were racing at. as for the teal green stang, its gone, no longer here in longview, sold. now i honestly think that kittner's stang is the fastest in longview, or should be if he can ever put it down to the street. and we all know there are faster cars, they just dont come out and play. they stay at home garaged, collecting dust. i dream of the old days when it was bumper to bumper hotrods.. and Crow is correct, the white stang is bad *** and damn it sounds awsome. but gotta get that year old defect of a tranny fixed. till then, he's slow too...lol.....

Last edited by marc_longview; 01-24-2006 at 06:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-24-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit and **** talking.....Anybody ever venture out to Tyler??
Old 01-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01'WS6
Sounds like a bunch of bullshit and **** talking.....Anybody ever venture out to Tyler??
you are correct, lot of BS, but some is true. why go to tyler. since darrell aint got anything going not much to race over there.... is there?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by marc_longview
you are correct, lot of BS, but some is true. why go to tyler. since darrell aint got anything going not much to race over there.... is there?
Who ever said darrell doenst have anything going?? And im down for some fun and games if anybody ever decides to head out this way.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRMIN8R
Na, I haven't driven it back home yet. I really want to since I'm 5500 feet above sea level here in Albuquerque and I would love to see how it runs at sea level.
I know of 2 comp T/A's in longview that have since been sold, but I know for a fact they were real... So I guess I never met you. You should venture over here sometime. There are more people out in the summer months, crowd gets really thin this time of year, only dedicated people come out.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Who ever said darrell doenst have anything going?? And im down for some fun and games if anybody ever decides to head out this way.
I don't know tyler well enough to be comfortable doing any street racing, so there would be no point. I need escape routes, just incase smokey shows up.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

We may do that. The crowd sucks down here majority of the time but there have been quite a few f-bodys, vettes and cobra's popping up lately though. All of them stock but that will be solved one car at a time. Its mostly just the mustang gt crowd thats trying to take over the ricers but to me its just like a civil war.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

I don't know tyler well enough to be comfortable doing any street racing, so there would be no point. I need escape routes, just incase smokey shows up.
I know what u mean im the same way with longview. I come there a every now and then cause my parents and brother lives there but not often or late enough to see the night scene out.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Launching!

There are more people out in the summer months, crowd gets really thin this time of year, only dedicated people come out.
dedicated crew member number 1 right here!!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

last i heard of darrell was on old west, he said car was down, for a while.. was even selling or had sold parts off of it... if he back at it, great. i hope it runs as well or better than it did.

Quick Reply: Anybody live in Longview?