Pro-Modified Racing in '06!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious what is your setup going to be for outlaw this year?
Old 01-04-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

The car is a 92 Mustang Coupe with a 25.2 Double Frame-Rail chassis. It has a 410 Cubic Inch 18 Degree Headed Small-Block Chevrolet with a Precision Turbo 106mm turbo and 3-core liquid-to-air intercooler. We're using a Powerglide and a Pro Torque Torque Converter.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ben R
The car is a 92 Mustang Coupe with a 25.2 Double Frame-Rail chassis. It has a 410 Cubic Inch 18 Degree Headed Small-Block Chevrolet with a Precision Turbo 106mm turbo and 3-core liquid-to-air intercooler. We're using a Powerglide and a Pro Torque Torque Converter.
sounded like a petty car til i read CHEVY?!?!?! lol Think you are going to have enough to catch the petty boys. Mud Duck has turned in some respectable shakedown passes. Well Lynch....good luck. And there is one more local Petty built car that should be making it's 10.5w tire debut for KOTH, and TTT5 if not a COTT event or two.

What has the mustang done so far?

Best of luck to you in Pro Mod and Outlaw this year.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
sounded like a petty car til i read CHEVY?!?!?! lol Think you are going to have enough to catch the petty boys. Mud Duck has turned in some respectable shakedown passes. Well Lynch....good luck. And there is one more local Petty built car that should be making it's 10.5w tire debut for KOTH, and TTT5 if not a COTT event or two.

i agree with you Nate, im good friends with alot of those guys you just said. Chip's car is flying as well and thats a Petty Motor/Part Tuner. Tim Raines car is going to be a bad bitch as well this year to. There are alot of new Outlaw cars coming out. And seems Steve Petty's Name is all arouind these bad *** Rides. My motor will be going to him shorty as well!

Rob

Also Ben, we will be racing Renegade this year, going to start testing on a 88 hopefully still be able to go 7.70's with it. Goin to have get some weight out of the car, and have a couple things on the chassis tweaked!

Rob
Old 01-04-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by robv910
i agree with you Nate, im good friends with alot of those guys you just said. Chip's car is flying as well and thats a Petty Motor/Part Tuner. Tim Raines car is going to be a bad bitch as well this year to. There are alot of new Outlaw cars coming out. And seems Steve Petty's Name is all arouind these bad *** Rides. My motor will be going to him shorty as well!

Rob

Also Ben, we will be racing Renegade this year, going to start testing on a 88 hopefully still be able to go 7.70's with it. Goin to have get some weight out of the car, and have a couple things on the chassis tweaked!

Rob
Best of luck to you. You going to be at any of the King of the Hill races? Those are the races I usually attend and may be in with the pit crew at a few of them. Wouldn't mind saying hi.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate

Petty has been very very instrumental in a lot of racers success. You have to respect anything that Petty has worked on.

Our tuner is telling us that we can run 7.10's consistantly and 7.0's when we need to. Not bad for single turbo car.

So far the car has collected a ton of dust. It's off to be painted soon. We've only got a few interior changes to make for the new dash and Racepak computer and some of the pneumatics.

If you see us out racing stop by and say hi! It's always nice to put a face to a screen name.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by robv910

Rob
NMRA or FFW Renegade?
Old 01-04-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ben R
Petty has been very very instrumental in a lot of racers success. You have to respect anything that Petty has worked on.

Our tuner is telling us that we can run 7.10's consistantly and 7.0's when we need to. Not bad for single turbo car.

So far the car has collected a ton of dust. It's off to be painted soon. We've only got a few interior changes to make for the new dash and Racepak computer and some of the pneumatics.

If you see us out racing stop by and say hi! It's always nice to put a face to a screen name.
Will do. I hopefully will be at a few races with a 91 mustang. Petty built with a single turbo. Post up or pm at which races you guys go to.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yea yea congrats - making money i just expect my ring a little sooner, thats all I keeed I keeed!

I'm very happy for ya, babe. Love you!
Old 01-08-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Junkie

UPDATE:

Billy's Viper left Jerry Haas' shop a few days ago after some upgrades and changes. It's on it's way to the paint booth for a make-over. Here's a rendering of what it's going to look like.