Help! Charged with street racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 06:29 PM
LS7 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z28chic
sure thats what i am here for
So you're here to be worthless and ignorant?

ps: I still think this might be you joking... If so, you suck at that too.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:09 PM
SAI
TECH Apprentice

well i thin i am going to go to the first trial, see if i can talk to the DA. The judge will give me an extension to find a lawyer anyway, about two weeks. I hope the DA and I can work something out.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just tell them you WILL take it to court if they dont drop the bogus charges. You really think they wana spend the money for a trial? Also, if im not mistaken they can let it go on all the way to the trial itself until they drop the charges AND you still have to pay the jury fees and all. ****** cops wonder why they get shot!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SAI
well i thin i am going to go to the first trial, see if i can talk to the DA. The judge will give me an extension to find a lawyer anyway, about two weeks. I hope the DA and I can work something out.

Hmm bad idea, they will do nothing for you. You are just waisting time with the DA, they will not talk to you, they are not on your side. Sure go say things to them " if they talk to you " that you shouldnt and give them a case against you, you would be suprised what you could say to incriminate yourself, that is why we have the 5th amendment. I would get an attorney and get this dissmissed. But that is my opinion. THIS IS NOT SOMETHING TO PLAY AROUND WITH IT IS SERIOUS CRIMINAL MATTER. This is not just a traffic citation it is the equivilant of a DWI or worse . I can only tell you that you need an attorney and pay for a good one, don't mess around with this it will haunt you the rest of your life if you get convicted. Just think about all the jobs or money later in life that you will miss out on with a conviction on your record, but hey it is you life not mine. Good luck with you decision.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Get a lawyer and a good 1 at that.. If u didnt peel out or perform aggresive driving manuevers of any kind i doubt the could prove anything. But a lawyer is a must IMHO. Good Luck 2 ya
Old 01-11-2006, 10:20 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You need to talk to the DA before you go. If you show up and then try to talk to them, they are simply going to ask you for a plea, and then move on to a trial.

Get a lawyer. Unless you are a lawyer, they are going to clean your clock. I learned the hard way a LONG time ago never to show up without a lawyer. I ended up winning my case on appeal but it cost me more than if I had gotten a lawyer to begin with.

Get a lawyer who specializes in traffic law. It won't be $1000 or $1500. More like $100-$250, most likely.

Call my buddy Byron:

Byron Kirkpatrick @ Harry A Loftus Jr & Assoc
(713) 862-3131 401 Studewood St # 200
Houston, TX

For the record I probably got well over 35 tickets when I was younger. I hired a lawyer and none of them hit my record. I'm speaking from experience here... Get a lawyer...
Old 01-11-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

umm hey bro it will be a 1000 or over... its a class B misdminor... not a traffic ticket. how do i know?? I was charged with this a year ago
Old 01-12-2006, 07:42 AM
Teching In

I was charged with this too about 2 years ago, and my attorney charged me 900 and allowed me to make payments. I can't remember what my fine was, but I wound up with a year of probation and 24 hours of community service, and yes ..... it's a class B misdemeanor.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:04 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nighTdecals
for $35 my lawyer has cleared EVERY speeding ticket/no insurance tickets/ect. that i have ever earned. dropped my record, ect. my driving record is cleaner then a freshly windexed window. o.o
Let me guess....James Mallory?
Old 01-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Launching!

I still think racing at 28 miles an hour is bogus. Racing would require exhibition of acceleration and I'm sure your car would quickly pass that MPH. I would say get a lawyer or fight. Either pay the lawyer fees now or pay later in life with your record. There is no way in hell I would take the risk of going to jail for 6 months and have a record for something so bogus. Its going to be hard to fight the system by yourself. I wish you the best of luck with which ever path you take.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

[ps: I still think this might be you joking... If so, you suck at that too. [/QUOTE]

yeah and.....i care what you think why?
Old 01-12-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i came up with that, what's everyone's thoughts?
Old 01-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sycotic_reject

i came up with that, what's everyone's thoughts?
Old 01-13-2006, 02:18 PM
SAI
TECH Apprentice

Went to court today, I have a week to find a Lawyer. A few of you suggested some lawyers already, i am going to/already have checked them out. Does anyone else have anyone to suggest that they have had good experiences with? I of course want to get this case dismissed, and I can't do that on my own. But I don't want to pay $5000 either. Thanks for the help and suggestions you guys have been giving me.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmm here is two options on the way it goes.

A: you go and get a lawyer for say 900 to 1200, and they don't give a **** about you, and you , and all they want to do is plea bargin for you, and you end up convicted.

OR

B: You pay for the services rendered from an attorney and you get out of this mess, it should be about $1500-2000 before TRIAL, and if it gets set for Trial it will be another $1500-2000. That is the way it works, WELCOME TO HARRIS COUNTY CRIMINAL COURTS.

C:Save your money, go buy a jar of vasaline, and get ready to take it up the A$$ from the DA. Which means probation, community service, and more than likely you being dropped from you insurance, and haveing to sell your car, and if you screw up on paper, be ready to spend some time in JAIL, ie getting another ******* cop and seeing you have this on your record, and the car you drive, your a target.

But what do I know. I know enough that you get what you pay for.

I would bet you that if your story is correct in what you say, I 100% guarantee that ROBERT FICKMAN will get this dismissed. You have to pay to play even if you in the right, **** happens bro.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

You've been given the right advice a dozen times in this thread. Lawyer up, and get a good one, and do it NOW. Don't take this **** to trial. You'll get fucked in the NOOB *** by the DA if you're not lawyered up by then.

I read this entire thread and I spent the whole thing saying to myself "I can't ******* believe this guy doesn't have a lawyer already". No offense dude, and I imagine the whole ordeal must suck, but you really need to get someone who does this for a living, or you're gonna get owned in court. All the DA wants is a fine, and someone to do the time.

Good luck with the decision, I wish I knew of a good lawyer down there, but I'm a Dallas guy and I don't even know of a good Dallas lawyer. I'd go with Jet's friend, he's seemed to help a few members so far. Jet seems VERY confident in his abilities.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:39 PM
SAI
TECH Apprentice

I was going to get a lawyer this entire time. Today, I didn't need a lawyer, cause I knew I was going to go in, and basically ask for a few extra weeks to find a lawyer. I just wanted to know if anyone had any more lawyers to suggest. Fickman seemed very good.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SAI
Fickman seemed very good.
That is an understatment he is the best, no doubt about it. Like I said GOOGLE his name and see what he is about. He is in the news and paper on a weekly basis, and he knows everyone in all the harris county courts, which helps you. I wish you the best of luck, but I would no doubt use Fickman.