Anyone Else Pissed that the Stealers umpires STOLE the Superbowl??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trendkiller Z
It's Steelers and while the refs ******* sucked hard core, the Seahawks lost that game in more ways than one.
which is true but some people just cant get that in there heads
Old 02-06-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there were a few questionable calls, like there are in every game.... but its not like it was a real close game. 11 points is a lot to be made up for with bad calls.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 67Ranger
there were a few questionable calls, like there are in every game.... but its not like it was a real close game. 11 points is a lot to be made up for with bad calls.
Well, 11 points could have been made up in bad calls actually. But, it could have been as well if they played even half decent football. Their 3rd down conversion % sucked, turnovers, barely a running game, bad two minute football, missed field goals, and they gave up two big plays. Lets face it, it was Seattle's first time to the bowl and it showed. Next year may be different, who knows.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default What

Originally Posted by mellowyellow
TOUCHDOWN.................... Wheels on the Bus go round and round...

The white line is not the end zone is it??? It is actually the blue section and it never hit the blue line. Isn't that what was said during the game?????
Old 02-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
Alexis do you even know where Pittsburgh is at
Nobody in there right mind cares about that game, it was boring and hard to stay awake during. F' the Steelers and the Seahawks. Now how about the Pro Bowl next week that will be exciting
**** YOU mr. billy bob, yeah I have family in Pittsburgh, PENNSYLVANIA....
I have always liked the Steelers, I even had their starter jacket in 6th grade, so........STFU! I bet YOU didn't have a starter jacket!!! LOOOOSSEEERRR! GOSH.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Launching!

I think the outcome would had been different and closer, if the ref would had pick up the flag on a BS holding call. Even Madden was like WTF! On the other hand, the Seahawks made to many mistakes, drop *****, and missed Field Goals. Anyways Congrats to the Steelers.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by vette
The white line is not the end zone is it??? It is actually the blue section and it never hit the blue line. Isn't that what was said during the game?????
The end zone beings at the beginning of that white line. All you gotta do is break the start of that line with any part of the ball and it's a TD.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wasnt going for either team, so it was of no consequence to me, i just like watching the game. but there were two horrible calls that would have been two touchdowns for seattle. one, was the phantom holding call. its like one of the announcers said, if you call holding on that play, then you can throw a flag every time the ball is snapped. and the other, was the "pushing off" pass interference against seattle in the endzone. there was contact by both on the play, and if that was a push off, it was the sissiest(did i spell that right? ) one ive ever seen. and again, madden and the other guy had alot to say about that, and the announcers are usually too big of pansies to gripe about bad calls these days.

its kind of like a couple weeks ago the refs tried to give every chance to the colts to win the game against the steelers. you have to admit that the officiating has become terrible in the last couple years, and that includes in just about every sport.

but as much as those penalties killed seattle, they really didnt help themselves by dropping all those *****, missing those field goals, and whatever that brain fart was and the end of the first half.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
i wasnt going for either team, so it was of no consequence to me, i just like watching the game. but there were two horrible calls that would have been two touchdowns for seattle. one, was the phantom holding call. its like one of the announcers said, if you call holding on that play, then you can throw a flag every time the ball is snapped. and the other, was the "pushing off" pass interference against seattle in the endzone. there was contact by both on the play, and if that was a push off, it was the sissiest(did i spell that right? ) one ive ever seen. and again, madden and the other guy had alot to say about that, and the announcers are usually too big of pansies to gripe about bad calls these days.

its kind of like a couple weeks ago the refs tried to give every chance to the colts to win the game against the steelers. you have to admit that the officiating has become terrible in the last couple years, and that includes in just about every sport.

but as much as those penalties killed seattle, they really didnt help themselves by dropping all those *****, missing those field goals, and whatever that brain fart was and the end of the first half.
well said.... the 75 yard run is a reason in itself to be the "loser"
Old 02-07-2006, 10:44 AM
SSU Moderator

yes, if you give Seattle those calls its 21-21....and it would have been a (better) overtime game...but Pittsburgh would still have one. Who had momentum? Who would have still botched the 2-minute drill at the end of the game? Who can put points up in the red-zone (including FG's)? Yeah, Pittsburgh would have won 24-21 and cost people millions of collective dollars by not covering the 4 point spread
Old 02-07-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slomaro
**** YOU mr. billy bob, yeah I have family in Pittsburgh, PENNSYLVANIA....
I have always liked the Steelers, I even had their starter jacket in 6th grade, so........STFU! I bet YOU didn't have a starter jacket!!! LOOOOSSEEERRR! GOSH.
Well I still wish I was as cool as you, you had a Starter jacket. I wasn't dark enough to wear those where I went to school. I know you had to google where pittsburgh was at so stop lying. Steelers still suck as do the Seahawks and the refs. Go Arizona Cardinals
Old 02-07-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vette
Since you quoted me !!! The ball need only break the plane of the goalline anyone knows that.. Are you new to football or what ?
Old 02-07-2006, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Well I still wish I was as cool as you, you had a Starter jacket. I wasn't dark enough to wear those where I went to school. I know you had to google where pittsburgh was at so stop lying. Steelers still suck as do the Seahawks and the refs. Go Arizona Cardinals
And the Cardinals are good? I agree with you on the Starter jacket though
Old 02-07-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

umpires...lol
Old 02-07-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 02-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Launching!

whatever, yeah I used to be dark, so what? lol, you're still a homo. Luv ya
Old 02-07-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

im pissed bc the superbowl was boring and the commercials were once again mediocre.... and the half time sounded like ****
Old 02-07-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Trendkiller Z
And the Cardinals are good? I agree with you on the Starter jacket though
Cardinals reference was a fececous statement I myself am a Cowboy fan so the Super Bowl was a complete disinterest.

And there is an umpire in a football game (Back judge,Line judge, Referee, and umpire) But I know what your trying to say!!

ALEXIS I knew you use to be thug, remeber Henry Hudsons and your buddy that came in looking like he bought the Paul Wall starter kit. I know your a thug Wormy had to have him a RIDAHH AS Worm Boy always said "I got 99 problems"
Old 02-08-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why does every football thread in the texas section end up looking like a shouting match at a kindergarten playground?

anyone???

Old 02-08-2006, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5...40813162&ATT=5

by the way.. that pick was after his Knee hit the ground!