To all you who've encountered the "black knight"!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006 | 08:06 AM
TECH Junkie

That's weird. There are 2 black troopers I always see on the south side of town (Alvin/Friendswood/League City areas). One is a big tall guy (sounds exactly like the one you guys are describing).
Not saying anything here, but every single time I see him with someone pulled over, it's a young white kid (usually 16-30).
Old 03-08-2006 | 08:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

You know those black guys, they all look alike

For those who are getting no turn signal tickets, well f'kin duh, GM installed that little stick on the side of your steering column for a reason. I am seriously starting to think people in Houston are simply too stupid to understand how it works though

Houston drivers need some *MAJOR* instruction in some VERY simple driving areas, because *MAYBE* 1% of the drivers down here have these skills. Brains' top 10:
1. How to negotiate a 4-way stop (this one eludes 99.9999999% of all Houston drivers)
2. How to stop at a red light (and conversely, how to go when it turns green)
3. How to merge onto a freeway -- at freeway speeds.
4. How to anticipate your freeway exit, instead of making the mad dash from the fast lane at the last second.
5. How to make a right turn, from the right lane, similar to #4
6. How to make a left turn, from the left lane, similar to #5
7. Watching traffic ahead of you, instead of the bumper ahead of you. Better known as "well its no wonder you rear-ended him"
8. That cell phone is not required to start your SUV
9. Just because your SUV is bigger, it doesn't mean I'll move when you change lanes into me when you were too stupid to get in the right lane for your turn/exit/ramp/etc.
10. How to use the turn signals.
Old 03-08-2006 | 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brains

For those who are getting no turn signal tickets, well f'kin duh, GM installed that little stick on the side of your steering column for a reason. I am seriously starting to think people in Houston are simply too stupid to understand how it works though

Houston drivers need some *MAJOR* instruction in some VERY simple driving areas, because *MAYBE* 1% of the drivers down here have these skills. Brains' top 10:
1. How to negotiate a 4-way stop (this one eludes 99.9999999% of all Houston drivers)
4. How to anticipate your freeway exit, instead of making the mad dash from the fast lane at the last second.
7. Watching traffic ahead of you, instead of the bumper ahead of you. Better known as "well its no wonder you rear-ended him"
9. Just because your SUV is bigger, it doesn't mean I'll move when you change lanes into me when you were too stupid to get in the right lane for your turn/exit/ramp/etc.

Thats one of the best top 10 lists ive ever read
Old 03-08-2006 | 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

AHAHAHAHAHA OMFG! lol i couldnt quite laughing so hard!
Old 03-08-2006 | 09:08 AM
TECH Regular

I thought I was the only one who felt this way
We took drivers education for a reason - to learn how to drive. I am probably the most defensive driver out there. I will get into my exit lane or turn lane several miles before I have to make the exit or turn. And I always turn my turn signal on early. In fact my wife calls me the "dink-donk" king Anyway it's not about me, it's about the 99.999999% of the other drivers who don't know jack about driving. If folks would take the time to realize that THEY are driving a car and not the car driving them, we would be better off. I guess it boils down to patience and I just don't believe that we have any anymore.
Old 03-08-2006 | 09:10 AM
TECH Resident

well i put my signal on when i turned...u have to put it on 100 yrds before you turn or somethin...i put it on when i started to break...and oh ya it was 11 at night THERE WASNT A ****** CAR IN SITE... got it dismissed so didnt really matter
Old 03-08-2006 | 09:23 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Guys with ultra-loud exhausts crack me up when they complain about getting pulled over. 99% of the time, those same guys are rolling around in too low of a gear just to make even more noise. Then they act surprised that it annoys people....or cops

Buy an electric cutout, run a quiet catback. Loud at the flip of a switch, no hassles.
Old 03-08-2006 | 12:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00T\A
He will definatly cut you no slack.
He got me for no cats,if you have to pay that ticket it is 500.00
He got me last year for no cats D.A dismissed it because i just went ahead an put them on.
not worth the hassel for 4 rwhp that is all i gained without them.
These are my thoughts regarding the risk you take getting a ticket for not having cats on. It's not a huge gain, so unless you're rich, keep the cats on a street car.

Not that I'm favoring cops or their methods, but the Black Knight is just doing his job. If he see's an F-body, experience probably shows that they likely don't have cats if it's pretty loud.

Just my two cents
Old 03-08-2006 | 12:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Well if he pulls over us FBodies for being to loud he better damn well start pulling over some H-D's that are 10 times louder.
Old 03-08-2006 | 01:47 PM
Banned

i ******* hate when i get pulled over for doing illegal ****
Old 03-08-2006 | 01:54 PM
Launching!

Default Black Knight

Why is it not against the law for the motorcycle cops who have these loud *** Harley's , double standard I guess.
Old 03-08-2006 | 02:37 PM
Breakfast Fanatic

Originally Posted by SlowTA
i ******* hate when i get pulled over for doing illegal ****
stop street racing in my neiborhood
Old 03-08-2006 | 03:00 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

My Harley is only loud when I want it to be. I can cruise at 30 mph in 5th gear and it sounds stock, you barely hear it. On a car with loud exhaust, you can sometimes do that also by rolling in a higher gear. But, you know most people with loud cars (even ricers) enjoy letting the world know they have loud exhaust.

My previous Formula ran 10s on motor and sounded stock. Loud doesn't equal fast.

BTW, I know guys with loud bikes that have been pulled over too for it. It depends more on the cop, not the type of vehicle.
Old 03-08-2006 | 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

"The Black Knight"
Old 03-08-2006 | 03:31 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Sounds like an ***. My truck is registered in AL so could he still screw me for no cats, dark tint, loud exhaust, etc etc?
Old 03-08-2006 | 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JackZ28
I got pulled over this morning for excessive noise on the way to school, and got tickets for no cats, no AIR system and no muffler. I have the GMMG exhaust, and apparently those dimples don't quite 'muffle' the noise enough. Anyway, I need to know how much you paid in fines, if any, and what you did to avoid having to pay them. Thanks for your help. This would come at a time when I am trying to sell it.
Wanna trade for my hooker exhaust?
Old 03-08-2006 | 04:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Sounds like an ***. My truck is registered in AL so could he still screw me for no cats, dark tint, loud exhaust, etc etc?
you're not in alabama anymore dorthy

Originally Posted by Pewter02TA
stop street racing in my neiborhood
i cant...drifting suburbans by elementary schools is in my blood
Old 03-08-2006 | 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Why is it not against the law for the motorcycle cops who have these loud *** Harley's , double standard I guess.
Motorcycles are in a different class of vehicles. They do not (or did not whan i used to ride) have a certain DB rating they have to fall under. They have to fall under a reasonable sound level.

I saw this cop pull over a girl in the middle of 1960 and 290 heading west. He stopped her at the light in the right land and made her get out of the car, and did not even give a **** he was backing up traffic, of putting her life in danger, and to think we pay his salary.
Old 03-08-2006 | 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

At least 100 Ft

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/DLhandbook.pdf

on page 6-1 (pg 46 out of 106 as the Pdf Counts it)

Originally Posted by pSSycotic
well i put my signal on when i turned...u have to put it on 100 yrds before you turn or somethin...i put it on when i started to break...and oh ya it was 11 at night THERE WASNT A ****** CAR IN SITE... got it dismissed so didnt really matter
Old 03-08-2006 | 06:20 PM
TECH Resident

11. DONOT INCREASE YOUR SPEED WHEN BEING PASSED!!!!
Thought I'd add to it...that just irritates me to no end.....I'm not trying to race EVERYONE i see.... stepping down.