who did i race from little rd. GTG??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006 | 03:56 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

I have a raced a few from a dig on my bike but its almost impossible to on a high traciton surface due to the damn thing wanting to pull the front wheel. I completely understand why people that race from a roll do. I understand not wanting to blow **** up and all that was just stating that I think it is more of a race and requires more skill to run from a dig. Plus myt ruck is 4wd and I have a large converter so usually I can take out a car that is half a second faster in the quarter to 100. I have beaten C5s and bolt on f-bodies to 100 that would eat me up if the race went further. 30-100 goes by too quick and if the race goes into double digits Im pretty much dead unless I spray it with any car that is quick. Like I said I know my bread and butter race and thats 0-100 thats plenty fast enough for me although I did take the truck up to 140 a few nights ago racing a turbo ES300
Old 03-15-2006 | 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

see, we race where we know were good at. Can't get good ET's when your worried about launching a car with a stock 10bolt. I have to paddle thru 1st, 2nd and part 3rd and thats without the spray (4.10's dont help) plus I can only spray in 3rd due to the fact in 2nd all traction disappears even with good tires.
Old 03-15-2006 | 04:14 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Thats why I bought a 4wd N/A my truck will spin all four for 15-20 feet on concrete I cant even imagine what it would do on the spray. 2wd is uselss till 20mph or so N/A I haven gotten to play with the nitrous yet until I get my new trans
Old 03-15-2006 | 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a 12 bolt but no suspension. Once I get full suspension I will race from a dig everytime, just waiting on funds and to fix my car. "I think it is more of a race and requires more skill to run from a dig" from 1slow01z71. Launching off a 2-step with the correct set-up is easy. Push clutch to floor, gas to floor, side step clutch and then bang gears. I like racing from a stop but its only fun when you have the correct suspension, IMO.
Old 03-15-2006 | 05:08 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Im gonna start showing up to the GTG's again. Beware! J/K
Old 03-16-2006 | 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TX99LS1
Hey man you raced my friends, I was the guy in the white Z-28 that you wouldn't race. And yes that trans am was a lid and cut out car, pretty much bone stock.
what the heck do you mean wouldnt race? i raced both cars that pulled up to me, and i wasnt much up for racing again after coming up on that slow moving traffic and almost careening into the back of that car. not to mention that my fiance was crying. i came a little too close for comfort that time.

edit: and if you wanted to race me so bad you should have said something saturday night when you talked to me. we were just messing around headed to walmart. and i had the camera with me then.
Old 03-19-2006 | 03:21 AM
On The Tree

Then let the call out begin!!!!! I'll run you from a 60 punch and my buddy in the SS wants to run you, because when you raced him you punched it before he did and then he punched it, needless to say he would have caught you and passed your ***. So you name the time and place and we'll be there. And you wouldn't ****** race me I pulled up next to you in 2nd gear screamin down the highway at 60 mph and you just sat there like a lump of ****, so whenever your ready to get your *** handed to you let me know and that can be arranged.