Job hunting in the SA/Austin area...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Job hunting in the SA/Austin area...

Well, looks like I'm in the hunt for a new job. My wife and I want to have our first child next year and "we" have decided that I need to have a stable job with a future that I can see myself working at 15 years down the road. I am currently employed at the same aircraft refinishing company I have been working for the past 6 going on 7 years. Its changed names and owners 3 times. I've been the shop supervisor and head painter for this period of time.

My past experiences include restaurant manager for 5 years, hotel service industry for 3 years and in retail sales for 3 years. I also have my Associates Degree in Business with 3 years of college working toward my Bachelor degree in Accounting and Finance. I put college on hold when I got married so I could pay for my wife to finish school. She is now a 1st grade elementary school teacher.

As for my skills, I am a multitalented kinda of guy. I've always been one of those people that you show them once how to do something and there an ace at it right away..That or I will figure it out for myself.

So if anyone out there knows of someone looking for a great guy, please point them in my direction. I live in New Braunfels, so I can work anywhere in the area of San Antonio and Austin. As a bonus they get a Corvette owner who's had a vette for the past 12 years and a kick butt weekend mechanic/hot rodder/painter who really knows how to make a Vette fly. I did all my own work on my two Vettes. I have also helped and worked on several other forum members cars...I would love to work for someone that has the same passion for Vettes as I do

The only stipulation I have is my work hours. My wife have a medical condition in which she can pass out because of a rapid drop in her blood pressure. The doctor told us that she should not be left alone. So that means I can't work nights or weekends. An occasional night or weekend here and there is fine. This problem limits my job search for sure. But we all do what we have to for our family.

Thanks for the help and any leads everyone,

Chris Wells
email chriswtx@satx.rr.com

Here is a thread on the corvetteforum with some references posted..
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1329757

Last edited by chriswtx; 03-18-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck man. I gave up and went to college.... That was 2.5 years ago.

Try applying for the IRS, they have great benefits and during off time you are elligible for unemployment.

My grandmother gets 28 and hour (though she has been there for awhile).