Drag racing is no joke

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't really street raced since I was a teenager and that as 20 years ago. Back then it wasn't so strict. They just gave you a ticket for careless driving. I had accumulated 3 careless driving tickets before my 18th birthday along with some other tickets. I eventually had my license suspended at 18. Haven't street raced since.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02ss98C5
Chased by cop...crashed into light pole...arrested got super lucky and only probation and lots of fines
You sir, are what I would call retarded! Running from the cops? Come on now, didn't you learn anything growing up?
Old 05-03-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

I learned not to run from cops and share knowledge of why not to run from cops.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks man. What an ***!!
Old 05-04-2006, 01:14 AM
12 Second Club

you mean street racing
Old 05-04-2006, 01:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PiP
Was this the first time you got caught?
Six months is what they give drunk drivers...yeah, that is fair.
yup. Next time they take my license for a year and fine up to 2000, I believe.

I won't be doing that **** again
Old 05-04-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02ss98C5
I learned not to run from cops and share knowledge of why not to run from cops.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

A couple years back I was driving my friends T/A on Holmes Rd. We pulled up along side what I remember being a NBM Formula (Possibly Tony??? Tony if you read this have you ever been chased after racing a white Ram Air a few years ago?) Well we both punched it and we were getting our a$$ severely handed to us by the guy in the Formy when the police lights came on. We both made a U-turn and he kept straight and we turned in the neighborhood. When I saw the cop drive past the street we were on I figured he took off after the guy in the Formula. I started to increase my speed a bit to get to the end of the neighborhood and go home....when all of the sudden I see the cop backing up and turning on the street we were on. I punched it again for a bit since we were almost at the end of the road thinking I'm gonna get away when my commonsense kicked in and told me to pull over.

I pulled over and turned off the car and waited for him to pull up. He asked me to step out of the car, handcuffed, put me in the back of his car and then questioned me why I was running from him. I was $hitting bricks. He then went and spoke to my friend for a bit and came back and just told me he was gonna let me go without any citations. My friend told me the cop told him he enjoyed when people ran from him cause it gave him a chance to haul a$$ in his car.

I learned my lesson that day. Street racing and getting busted for it isn't anything I want to do anymore.

Last edited by DopeFedZ; 05-04-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Only going 40? Seems like a pretty extreme reaction if you only going 40. How many gears did you row thru?
Yeah I assure you I only got up to 40-45 tops. I was just coming out of an intersection at a stop. I had just put it in second gear going like 20 when the guy next to me revs and takes off. I didn't have time to switch gears so I just hit the gas about 3/4's and the car just spun. The road was old slick blacktop and I don't think my torque arm is adjusted correctly, the car didn't even squat. Needless to say I spun through second and switched to third, the truck was ahead of me so I just let off. I hadn't even hit the gas with the new rear and the 4.10's so I was just playing around. I thought it was pointless untill I adjusted the rear.