Funny Thread on TAMSCC forum.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006 | 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
Something to tell the kiddo when she gets older
BTW:saw her target yesterday, healthy looking kid, lil longer and shell be able to fit a fire suite.
LOL
Old 05-07-2006 | 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Didn't TAMSCC get banned from TAMU a few years ago?

Originally Posted by sleek silverado
Yea, I got banned from TAMSCC.
Old 05-07-2006 | 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1970judge
Thats funny but the dude did bring up one good point. Who cares if his parents bought it for him. **** i wish mine did.

you don't even know the story. don't worry your little head.
Old 05-07-2006 | 06:47 PM
Teching In

Ashley, thanks for not mixing in the actions of individual(s) with the rest of the SCC.

To others in this thread that continue to bash our organization: I've never met you guys, neither have I actually seen you guys at our events. If you want to jump on the bandwagon and bash us because one of your friends say that we suck, or that you're told that one or more current/former officers suck, fine, more power to you, I'm not up for sucking peoples dicks into liking our organization.

If you want to to be smart about it, don't base your opinion about all this bullshit you see on the internet, most of this crap never comes out in person anyways (that goes to both sides of the table). Come see what we're really about at one of our events/meetings/socials. We've had our ups/downs, we've had our fair share of douchebags and awesome people come and go, but what club hasn't?

Some guys on here that have actually met me can vouch that I'm not a douchebag elitist ***** TAMSCC officer, neither are the rest of the newly elected officers. If you guys think Benton, our current prez, is a douche, you probably haven't met him, or just need to get to know him better. He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's got his heart in the right place. Just wanted to emphasize, he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but that's why there are all these other officers around to keep him on the right path

As for us not having "fast" cars, it's true, most of us are ****-broke most of the time and drive what we can barely afford, or what was given (generously) to us. We don't flaunt our cheap almost-stock cars because of what (little) mods we may have done to them, most of just flaunt our homegrown l33t cone dodging driving skillz and talk smack Yeah, the club is pre-dominantly Autocross-based, but only because our AX events are what support the club itself. Our friday night drag racing is slowly making a comeback, even while nasty remains closed, thanks to the efforts of Josh and the other officers. Maybe if nasty would re-open, this club can once again peacefully co-exist with the Wednesday/Friday night crew...

Just FYI, sleek silverado, you were only banned for a week. Dunno what to say about that, wasn't really paying attention to that thread :dunno:

Originally Posted by gogogadget
Didn't TAMSCC get banned from TAMU a few years ago?
Nope. You may be thinking of the A&M Bike club, but I'm prolly wrong.

Last edited by Pranav; 05-07-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-07-2006 | 07:40 PM
On The Tree

It was probably before your time.

The club was suspended for some length of time for something related to street racing.
Old 05-07-2006 | 09:22 PM
Ginger Hater

Every club has their ups and downs, just as every person has had their ups and downs going through life. The downs for the SCC have apparantly been going on for quite a while, and slowly have been trying to pull themselves up from the mud which they have very deeply packed themselves into. This has been going on for a while, and with an organization as big as yours you can't just flip it around, but you can take the right steps to get it going. As for the elitist attitude, its not the people individually, or as an individual(there have been in the past people thinking they are hollier than thou) But when the group gets together there is an air of superiority over everything and anyone else. And i noticed this, as well as many other people, and these people started talking about it and it made sense, thus you get threads like this.

I have met you before pranav, and as i said there are good people involved with the SCC, just the good ones tend to get overshadowed by the bad. which is the case for anything in society, you focus on the bad more than the good.

lurking on your site, i did notice the post about the person saying there were "8653215832154321 posts about the SCC on tech" far from reality most of the threads were about something entirely different, and blew up between an old driver and owner, or about something completely different.

-jon
Old 05-07-2006 | 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ word. Jon speaks the truff.

Josh
Old 05-08-2006 | 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pranav

Just FYI, sleek silverado, you were only banned for a week. Dunno what to say about that, wasn't really paying attention to that thread :dunno:
I have tried to become a member of the club. I just did not feel invited and welcome. Maybe I am the douchebag. ??? It seems to be a clickish type of club and if you don't like what they like, then you are an outsider. That is just the vibe I got.
BTW, I have a TAMSCC club sticker on my truck, but I think I will remove it soon.
Old 05-09-2006 | 07:42 PM
Teching In

I was once a member of the TAMSCC but I like most found it to be generally uninviting, that is not to say that all members are that way but the overall vibe is