Long Live The LT1 - 692RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 12:57 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Posted this in the Dyno Forum but I will try here as well

Man this car sounds a lot like the car i am building right now. I like your head porter . What AFR heads did you guys start out as, and I bet flow numbers are around 288-290 at .600 lift (but there is more than flow numbers going on with those heads) instead of the G-force 12 rib setup I think you would have liked the SDCE custom tensioner 8 rib setup better. Its a B!tch to get those 12 rib belts lol. What pulley combination you running a 7.625 and a 3.4 or 3.3 Blower pulley, should see about 58000 Blower Rpm shifting at 6200 using the D1SC. Speed engineering is having a Awsome deal on 4l80E trannies now, but who built the 4l60E for ya??
I see your running 64lb injectors what is the duty cycle at 6200. I was planning on running the 60lb mototrons.
Still running the twins I wonder what a Big FMIC could do as well.

I know you don't want to give Cam specs but can you maybe PM me a HINT, I don't care to give you mind, just wondering how close they are??? If I had to guess you guys could be using some pretty aggressive lobes thats why your only spinning it to 6200, or just b/c the fact that you have a blower and you don't want to spin it real high, lo

Sorry for so many questions but I am shooting for the 650-700RWHP range myself and you have a VERY SIMILIAR setup to mine.

BTW AWESOME NUMBERS
I'm not sure what AFR heads they started as but Larry did a lot of work on them so I don't think we can really compare the heads the anything AFR would give you.

The 12-Rib setup came from Procharger. The belts come straight from Procharger.

The cam is something like 236/244 on a 116 LSA. I can't remember the EXACT specs, but it's somewhere in that range.

This 4L60 was built by somebody in Louisianna, where the customer is from. When the car showed up here it already had a 383 with a P-1SC and the built transmission. We did a re-build on the engine, upgraded the P-1SC to the D-1SC, added the fuel system, and did the installation and tuning.

You should be okay with 60 lb/hr injectors. I do like these 64 lb/hr injectors though.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

Those are some great numbers; good job guys. I also liked the custom work done on the twin intercooler setup, when the dust settles from the new baby I'll have to get hooked up!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Junkie

You gotta stop by and check it out Jay. I'll be in Memphis tomorrow for the ADRL race but I'll be back on Monday!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Launching!

awesome #..man im in the midle off my build hope Ill be in that range..probally not though I need some bada$$ heads like those.