College Football Rankings:

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
i dont get you... i know what we have better than most

and btw arent you dtrying to get into UT anyways
no. and you know i havent been trying to get into ut the entire year. i think school spirit has blinded you from reality and you are in some long horn la la land
Old 05-21-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Notre Dame will be a good team but holy **** their first month is tough. If they make it through that first month with 0 losses they might be unbeatable.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ben R
Notre Dame will be a good team but holy **** their first month is tough. If they make it through that first month with 0 losses they might be unbeatable.
I'm thinkin ND might upset SC this year. They almost did it last and they have their starting qb coming back so its possible. I could careless because I don't like either team.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 408WS6
I'm thinkin ND might upset SC this year. They almost did it last and they have their starting qb coming back so its possible. I could careless because I don't like either team.
Not only is Brady Quinn coming back but so is his favorite receiver. The defense is the only real question mark. They have to step it up if they're going to win big games.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SlowTA
no. and you know i havent been trying to get into ut the entire year. i think school spirit has blinded you from reality and you are in some long horn la la land

no, i am what you call a die hard TRUE fan, unlike some of the **** i have seen you post about sports and how one thing makes you change your mind. Which is one thing i give phat, h/c, sprayed credit for, no matter the **** that aTm goes for nothing sways their opinion.

and the several times i talked to you i continued to ask if you were going to try to get in....
Old 05-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Banned

no, i am what you call a die hard TRUE fan, unlike some of the **** i have seen you post about sports and how one thing makes you change your mind. Which is one thing i give phat, h/c, sprayed credit for, no matter the **** that aTm goes for nothing sways their opinion.
oh so you have to be partial to a team to make a sports statement?
Old 05-22-2006, 12:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

no its called being a true fan
Old 05-22-2006, 01:38 AM
Banned

no its called being a true fan
i don't sack ride any team. i must hate sports
Old 05-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowTA
i don't sack ride any team. i must hate sports

NO SLOWTA YOU HAVE TO LOVE THAT TEAM NO MATTER WHAT AND JUST SIT THERE AND TOTALLY BE 100% INVOLVED FOREVER

or else you can't go to that school or want to get in

OMG GO U OF H AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

they may not let me transfer out of this hole unless I start cheering for their baseball team more

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^prime t-shirt fan in the making
Old 05-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Banned

^^prime t-shirt fan in the making

Lame.

I'm sorry I don't think you have to be a "true" fan to aspire to attend a university.

True fans can be realistic, we'll see how UT does, leave it at that. You're a "true" fan, nothing is going to change your outlook on Texas football. I don't give a **** about Texas football any more than the next man, I do however love college football in general and I don't think UT will be a top 10 team this year.

Criticizing slowta for wanting, or not even wanting, to attend UT but being realistic about his football opinion is utterly retarded.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

WOW, slowta is actually one of my good friends, but you dont know that...

I am a realistic fan, but i also stick to my team and do not "support them all" or "float" from one team to another.

Is there an actual team you root for thick and thin, or you the type of person to just go from the best team each season.

I'm a huge NCAA football fan, and know what is going on around the league, but that doesnt mean i have to drop my team for somebody i think is going to be better. I have never seen you just stick to one team, you are always like OHHH this team, and OHHH that team.

You just dont have the nuts to sack it up and stick w/ one team.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by D Hurr is Like
I don't think UT will be a top 10 team this year.
Why is that?

Great defense. Amazing running game. A+ special teams.

The only flaw is a QB that has never taken a snap. This would normally be a huge problem but all he has to do is be somewhat accurate to take the pressure off our ground game which will be pretty much unstoppable.

P.S. Did you by any chance see the spring game? Doesn't look like there will be much to worry about and the new fastest guy on our team is a white reciever with great hands. But you are right, only time will tell.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FormulaBabe
Why is that?

The only flaw is a QB that has never taken a snap. This would normally be a huge problem but all he has to do is be somewhat accurate to take the pressure off our ground game which will be pretty much unstoppable.

P.S. Did you by any chance see the spring game? Doesn't look like there will be much to worry about and the new fastest guy on our team is a white reciever with great hands. But you are right, only time will tell.
Another reason I wonder why he thinks UT will suddenly drop out of the top 10 is UT's recent historical record...

2001 = Ranked #6 Finished #8
2002 = Ranked #8 Finished #18
2003 = Ranked #18 Finished #5
2004 = Ranked #5 Finished #2
2005 = Ranked #2 Finished #1
2006 = Ranked #?

UT hasn't been out of the Top 10 for more then a few months over the last 5 years. I being a UT Austin Grad must say I'm a UT orange blood but I think we'll have a strong 10-1 season this year our only loss comming to tOSU.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Banned

Why is that?

I garnered from watching UT last year that they thrived off of a 2, sometimes 3 headed running attack...sometimes 4

i'd rate their running game above average, not amazing...Charles is a stud, i've always said so...he's never had to be an every down back and it looks as if he may have to for a while or else UT will lose some credibility at running back

Taylor is a tough loss...Taylor + Charles = strong running game

Charles + ? = we'll see

Colt McCoy? seriously? Sherrod?

you may be right he may only have to get the ball in the vicinity of the big receiving corps you have...which may help that you're in the Big 12 with a bunch of weak secondaries

UT may win 10 games off of a shitty Big 12 alone

they won't get by Ohio St., they'll probably have to sneak one out against OU at norman, they very well might lose.

They'll beat A&M, the aggies are a bigger question mark than UT is

at Nebraska then at Tech will not be easy

UT will be lucky to escape with 10 wins, real lucky

you'd better hope the secondary stays healthy if you think UT defense is going to be special this year.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Banned

WOW, slowta is actually one of my good friends, but you dont know that...

I am a realistic fan, but i also stick to my team and do not "support them all" or "float" from one team to another.

Is there an actual team you root for thick and thin, or you the type of person to just go from the best team each season.

I'm a huge NCAA football fan, and know what is going on around the league, but that doesnt mean i have to drop my team for somebody i think is going to be better. I have never seen you just stick to one team, you are always like OHHH this team, and OHHH that team.

You just dont have the nuts to sack it up and stick w/ one team.
I don't claim to have any team, anywhere near your extent

I never just go along with one team...I do root for tons of different teams...usually for monetary reasons

I never cheer against UW badgers or Penn St.

when they play eachother I like the Badgers

I like the Big 10 and SEC more than the Big 12...obvious reasons

I don't really care who wins about 90% of the games until the lines come out.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by D Hurr is Like
I garnered from watching UT last year that they thrived off of a 2, sometimes 3 headed running attack...sometimes 4

i'd rate their running game above average, not amazing...Charles is a stud, i've always said so...he's never had to be an every down back and it looks as if he may have to for a while or else UT will lose some credibility at running back

Taylor is a tough loss...Taylor + Charles = strong running game

Charles + ? = we'll see

Colt McCoy? seriously? Sherrod?

you may be right he may only have to get the ball in the vicinity of the big receiving corps you have...which may help that you're in the Big 12 with a bunch of weak secondaries

UT may win 10 games off of a shitty Big 12 alone

they won't get by Ohio St., they'll probably have to sneak one out against OU at norman, they very well might lose.

They'll beat A&M, the aggies are a bigger question mark than UT is

at Nebraska then at Tech will not be easy

UT will be lucky to escape with 10 wins, real lucky

you'd better hope the secondary stays healthy if you think UT defense is going to be special this year.

We have Melton and Young to help out Charles.

The game is in Dallas, not Norman.

Tell me why our secondary will be lacking.

When the line comes out for the Texas and tOSU game I'm sure you'll put your money where your mouth is, correct?

P.S. With all of your knowledge in sports betting... you sure have a lot to show for it..
Old 05-22-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^thanks...

also a head producer from FSN called me 4 hours ago... they want to have a special on our organization... and have us on a pre game sports show before every UT game... this year is going to be unreal. You will just have to see me on tv HOLLA
Old 05-22-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

If UT finishes out of the top 12 I would be really surprised, Nebraska will be a tough game. But the scheme in Nebraska has yet to take root and grow. UT at TT will be good but UT will pull it out against TT lack luster D. UT vs tOSU will no doubt be good but home feild plays a much bigger factor in NCAA football, this game should be a remake of last years game. The Red River game is a toss up at this time until you see what the teams put to the field early.

PSU will have it's struggles and I see them losing 4 games this year easily, but Coach Pa could pull another rabbit out of that old hat again.

All this is crap because last year the OU band wagon was in full stride until TCU kicked the wheels off of that, I love summer but I cannot wait for football season.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Banned

We have Melton and Young to help out Charles.

The game is in Dallas, not Norman.

Tell me why our secondary will be lacking.

When the line comes out for the Texas and tOSU game I'm sure you'll put your money where your mouth is, correct?

P.S. With all of your knowledge in sports betting... you sure have a lot to show for it..

Melton?...Young? Wasn't Selvin a sr. last year? and if not...he is still nothing special. How did I put it? Lacking credibility...i'd say that's about right.

My fault about Norman

Why would your secondary be anything special? Foster? Jackson? Marcus Griffin isn't bad...nothing spectacular...UT defense won't post the numbers they did last year...to say the very least

Yes...I will have my money where my mouth is, i'll look at the spread and make a decision

P.S. Commenting on something you know nothing about...period.