COTT Race - Congrats to Steven and Josh! Supra WHAT???

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro-KEEN
The "little white lx" is running. And Duy(sc300) since your so interested in setting up grudge races how about you and paul get it on for some 1/8mile action.

what does he drives?? and against which one of my cars?? i dont like doing 1/8 mile racing in the supra..and my nissan needs some practice hit before i race it..

if his car is a streetcar, ill do a 1/4 mile race against him in my supra

if he has a racecar, then give me some time to see how the chasis and rearend will handle the new power plant in the nissan..

btw..since you (LS1 killer) were saying that supra trannies are *****...

HOW MANY 6 speed cars do you know that runs 8s and mid to low 9s using their BONE stock tranny??????????
How many cars can handle over 1000hp using the bone stock 6 speed tranny besides the Vipers..
i can name about 5 different supras that has run sub 9.5s..and 5 guys in houston that has made over 1000hp using their stock trannies....
Old 05-29-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camaro-KEEN
The "little white lx" is running. And Duy(sc300) since your so interested in setting up grudge races how about you and paul get it on for some 1/8mile action.

what does he drives?? and against which one of my cars?? i dont like doing 1/8 mile racing in the supra..and my nissan needs some practice hit before i race it..

if he has a racecar, then give me some time to see how the chasis and rearend will handle the new power plant in the nissan..

HOW MANY 6 speed cars do you know that runs 8s and mid to low 9s using their BONE stock tranny??????????
How many cars can handle over 1000hp using the bone stock 6 speed tranny besides the Vipers..
i can name about 5 different supras that has run sub 9.5s..and 5 guys in houston that has made over 1000hp using their stock trannies....
Old 05-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 408WS6
I'm talking about any NA LS1 against any NA Supra

I got a little 6.7L LS1, what you got??
So you don't like comparing apples to apples. Are you saying that you have to have twice the displacement to hang with an NA Supra? Seems a little GM 2.8 liter V-6 should be able to whoop some ***; how come there are none making any real power?
Old 05-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by sc300

Duy - I've already raced you before! Do you want to see the video again??? White Mustang LX with a black hood....did you forget what happened last time???
Hell...one of your buddies even said I should change my plate to "Supra Killer"

Yes...I know Ryan Woon and his Supra...Hmm...makes you wonder why he has switched to an auto....he wanted to go faster!

Did I say Toyota 6 speed??? NO...you need to read my posts more closely...I said stock Toyota Auto....now tell me a Supra that makes 1000hp with a Stock Toyota auto??? Hmm...can't think of any??? I wonder why...

My car is far from a race car...stock suspension, all glass and metal....so don't classify me as a racecar please...you can ask a lot of people here and they can tell you the same thing...

As far as the Supra's here in town...I probably know all of them...yeah they make the power....but do they drag race often with those trannys?? NO! Why not??? They would most likely break and would probably be inconsistent.

Your street Supra or race car 240...doesn't matter to me....just do it soon....because once I put my turbo on my car I doubt you will have a chance....

Take care,
Paul
Old 05-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1 KLR

Yes...I know Ryan Woon and his Supra...Hmm...makes you wonder why he has switched to an auto....
Ryan still has the six speed.

Ryan has more than one Supra...
Old 05-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by SleeperSupra
Ryan still has the six speed.

Ryan has more than one Supra...
My mistake. Thanks for correcting it.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

oh its you..i didnt realized that you were such a **** talker..im sure its mostly for fun..lets set something up soon..i think when i raced you i was on drag radials and my Stock Toyota tranny....i acutally won since you redlighted remember? they were going to give me the money but i didnt have a cage remember?????? if your going to talk ****, get your facts straight...

im on slicks, a turbo 400 with bigger a turbo and more nitrous..How about we set something up when the track in Sealy is open..
Old 05-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Mustang Moderator

oh its you..i didnt realized that you were such a **** talker..im sure its mostly for fun..lets set something up soon..i think when i raced you i was on drag radials and my Stock Toyota tranny....i acutally won since you redlighted remember? they were going to give me the money but i didnt have a cage remember?????? if your going to talk ****, get your facts straight...

im on slicks, a turbo 400 with bigger a turbo and more nitrous..How about we set something up when the track in Sealy is open..
LOL! No more a **** talker than you!
And yes...we both red lighted...

But damn...even with the redlight you were sooo far behind...what was that you said...."Damn...you were so far ahead I just gave up and stopped spraying the nitrous"....

Well...hopefully the slicks, turbo 400, and bigger turbo and more nitrous will help...because my car is a whole lot faster now too...

Should be fun!
Old 05-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Any pictures?
Old 05-29-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1 KLR
LOL! No more a **** talker than you!
And yes...we both red lighted...

But damn...even with the redlight you were sooo far behind...what was that you said...."Damn...you were so far ahead I just gave up and stopped spraying the nitrous"....

Well...hopefully the slicks, turbo 400, and bigger turbo and more nitrous will help...because my car is a whole lot faster now too...

Should be fun!
yeah.. at first i forgot who you were, but i know you're just talking **** just to have fun like me..So when does the 1/4 mile track opens????? Im going to take down that mustang just like i did against a couple of them today on the way home from the beach in the Cayenne
Old 05-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Banned

So you don't like comparing apples to apples. Are you saying that you have to have twice the displacement to hang with an NA Supra? Seems a little GM 2.8 liter V-6 should be able to whoop some ***; how come there are none making any real power?
Holy ****!! I just got back on the board.

I think naturally aspirated vs naturally aspirated is as about as close to apples to apples as you can get!! What do you think guys??

PS - I don't think your going to get much emotional support seeing as you have an import and your on an LS1 board!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GoldRust
Thanks Guys for all the compliments, as for the supra , Nah I won't even go there. Have give a couple of thankyous though. First and the most important is Mike Murillo from San Antonio for getting the tunning done this weekend and allowing us to use your shop to work on the car before the race. Madman and thunder racing for your help The car wouldn't have hooked on those old tires, hell we can only get about 10 passes out of a set before the 60' goes away. LME what can I say we won and even drove it back into the trailer ready for the next race. Oh and Mike from austin (Texas Motorsports) You were a huge help this weekend.

Could not have said it any better! And as far as the supra goes I knew there was going to be some **** talking on the boards when I lined up next to him first qual round. I did everything I could(cut a .022light) to make sure I would outrun him because I knew I would never hear the end of it if I lost to a rice burner.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Mustang Moderator

yeah.. at first i forgot who you were, but i know you're just talking **** just to have fun like me..So when does the 1/4 mile track opens????? Im going to take down that mustang just like i did against a couple of them today on the way home from the beach in the Cayenne
LOL! You got it!

It's all good...Hopefully Sealy will be 1/4 mile by sometime in July...with a lot less restrictions too so us guys that aren't fully legal will be able to run wide open without the fear about being booted out!

Now...this thread needs to get back on track and that is to congratulate Steven and crew for what they did!

Once again....good job guys!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for all the nice words guys. Its been alot of hard work to get to this point but it is definately starting to payoff.

Roy, post up some vids!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Holy ****!! I just got back on the board.

I think naturally aspirated vs naturally aspirated is as about as close to apples to apples as you can get!! What do you think guys??

PS - I don't think your going to get much emotional support seeing as you have an import and your on an LS1 board!!!

NA to NA equal displacement; or do you want a handicap?
Old 05-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Thanks for all the nice words guys. Its been alot of hard work to get to this point but it is definately starting to payoff.

Roy, post up some vids!!!

Congratulations!!!

You have a bad *** car!

Heres to you...

Last edited by SleeperSupra; 05-29-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Banned

NA to NA equal displacement; or do you want a handicap?
Well...I think its a fair race since your car probably weighs about 1000 pounds less than mine. And I'm probably old enough to be your dad (so there is 1/2 second reaction time handicap right there )

I'm off to bed, us old-timers need our sleep
Old 05-29-2006, 10:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sc300, Paul is far from a guy who just talks ****, he will race and not have an excuse if he happens to lose. If i recall you were the guy talking **** on goodnight street when ethan put in on you. Don't get pissy and say someone is talking **** unless your willing to talk that game in person. Worm, Goldrust great job glad to see you guys are doing so well.

Patrick
Old 05-30-2006, 12:16 AM
Staging Lane

Well...I think its a fair race since your car probably weighs about 1000 pounds less than mine. And I'm probably old enough to be your dad (so there is 1/2 second reaction time handicap right there )

I'm off to bed, us old-timers need our sleep
My car weighs in around 3400 plus my 210 pound ***, and if you are 82 years old I'll give you the 1/2 second handicap.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

man this thread has gotten interesting