Houston Police Crackdown

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A guy down here has his front plate on his truck to be up behind his bumper when driving and with a push of a button it will extend down below the bumper. Don't know if he has been pulled over yet, and try it out to confuse the local cops.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ez98ls1
This crack down is like the red light cameras. If they aren't in your town yet they will be soon. i am sure in a few years almost every city/intersection will have these lovely jewels.
those things suck donkey *****... especially when ur on a bike, and the light wont change b/c the sensors wont pick it up. in that situation u have no choice... and there is quite a few lights around here that dont sense them:
jackrabbit/529
eldridge/529
to name a few...

Originally Posted by jusTAnother
This is true! My cousin and I got pulled over on 45 because of no front plate on his Z28. Then they searched the car. We did nothing wrong and were going the speed limit. After 20 min they gave him a written warning and told us we could go. oh but not before the state trooper told my cousin that his wheels were ugly. WTF (they are silver ZR1's if you wanted to know)
fukn powertrippin PIGS... i hate those fukrs...
flame all yall want... but there is nothing worse than a pig who thinks he's king ****, and better than everyone else...
Old 06-08-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by treysoucie
fukn powertrippin PIGS... i hate those fukrs...
flame all yall want... but there is nothing worse than a pig who thinks he's king ****, and better than everyone else...
I got pulled over for no front plate about a year ago... the cop searched my car for 30 minutes, opened all my cd cases and my air box. put his fingers in my dash (i have no ASR switch, just a hole...) and now my fog lights dont work. He almost broke my airbox.... closed it wrong with the tabs in the back all bent.

Then he accuses me of smoking weed in my car (I dont allow cigarettes in my car, why would I allow drugs?) and claims to have found a seed under my REAR seats. Then he flicks it into the grass. WTF?
Old 06-09-2006, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Front plates? What are front plates?
Old 06-09-2006, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always say no to a search unless they have a warrent.

Thomas
Old 06-09-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike2kZ
I got pulled over for no front plate about a year ago... the cop searched my car for 30 minutes, opened all my cd cases and my air box. put his fingers in my dash (i have no ASR switch, just a hole...) and now my fog lights dont work. He almost broke my airbox.... closed it wrong with the tabs in the back all bent.

Then he accuses me of smoking weed in my car (I dont allow cigarettes in my car, why would I allow drugs?) and claims to have found a seed under my REAR seats. Then he flicks it into the grass. WTF?
thats messsed up. i havent had any trouble w/ no front plate on my truck yet but that doesnt mean it cant happen.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HMFIC
& what has he done to make you hate him? Because he made OT$$?
He has written me a bunch of bullshit tickets that I eventually got dismissed, but wasted numerous days in court over 2.5 years fighting them.

He's arrogant, he's pompous, he's an ******* and he thinks he runs the city with probably nothing more than a high school diploma.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

i rather just save myself the time and aggrevation and put it on. i refuse to get pulled over for as something stupid as no front license plate, it just gives them a reason to search your car and waste your time and $$.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1LSWON

Thomas
Dont need a warrant w/ probable cause....just FYI
Old 06-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hawgs
He has written me a bunch of bullshit tickets that I eventually got dismissed, but wasted numerous days in court over 2.5 years fighting them.

He's arrogant, he's pompous, he's an ******* and he thinks he runs the city with probably nothing more than a high school diploma.
I dont know him, but sounds like you have a reason to dislike him. You initial post made it sound like you disliked him because of the OT...
Old 06-09-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HMFIC
I dont know him, but sounds like you have a reason to dislike him. You initial post made it sound like you disliked him because of the OT...
Of course shouldn't his supervisors step in and make him take time off? I mean $100k in overtime pay? What are there no other traffic cops in existance to patrol the streets? I remember one of my old jobs where if you were about to hit overtime, they'd send you home heh.

plus what was he working 70? 80 hour weeks? And he's on the street all of that time? Ever heard of Driver fatigue? I know truck drivers are only allowed like 55 hours a week I believe (I forgot the exact though.).
Old 06-10-2006, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thomas
****... cops will do whatever the fvck they want... they can make up probable cause too...
(your car sounded too loud)
(you looked like you were swerving)
(blah blah blah)
**** ive had a cop pull me over in my neighborhood b/c i pulled up too far at a stop sign (it is a blind turn, you cant see **** around the curve)
we got some @$$hole cops around here...
Old 06-10-2006, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only reason is for them to have probable cause to pull you over to look for other things. Thats the only reason.

Thomas
then they should just let you off with a written or verbal warning after you come back clean