Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Baylor or A&M

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Ginger Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
great, remarks from the sooner aggie
I would tell someone to go to texas, if texas was the better school. Say like psychology, i wouldn't tell someone to go to A&M b/c of the psychology department.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Banned

Exclamation

I wouldn't call going to a school to kiss fat girls when their football team scores a touchdown (if they can even do that) necessarily "cool".
Old 06-29-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

great, remarks from the sooner aggie
I'm glad you enjoy them so much!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

haha, damnit, ag, i know you miss me and the football threads on here

<3

Old 06-29-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

the part bolded is mostly false
MOSTLY false? Ok, I'll fix it, solely for their HATE of aTm.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

And remember, the athletic program DOES NOT make the school like some are lead to believe. woohoo UT won the Rose Bowl. Does that make the academics and better or worse? NO
Old 06-29-2006, 10:58 PM
LS7 Member

UT would not accept a friend from my highschool while aTm would. This kid went on to suck at college and fail almost every class. UT knows what it takes and doesn't take any trash off the street while aTm will with open arms.

/fun story & aggie lol
Old 06-29-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Onyx Z
And remember, the athletic program DOES NOT make the school like some are lead to believe. woohoo UT won the Rose Bowl. Does that make the academics and better or worse? NO

what are you talking about Ryan?

Go look up the schools stats... leading in engineering, business, geology, marketing and some other **** we have more than our fair share of top programs...

go ag/lawn majors WOOOOO HOOOOO
Old 06-30-2006, 05:15 AM
TECH Regular

I ain't from either, but I have a couple of friends that went to aggieland. They went for a little bit, then joined the Air Force, and then one got out and went back. I say A&M!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Go look up the schools stats... leading in engineering, business, geology, marketing and some other **** we have more than our fair share of top programs...
Show me proof and I might believe you.

Sorry Tyler, I forgot UT was god. Nothing is above the University of Texas, not even God Himself.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry Tyler, I forgot UT was god. Nothing is above the University of Texas, not even God Himself.
WTF is wrong w/ you... ******* lame, I guess you didnt know I applied to aTm too

I never claimed UT to be the best in the world, but we do have the #1 PGE school grad and undergrad. Our engineering overall is one of the highest in the world, and our business school ranks around #5.

Not my fault my whole life you have been clouded by hopes and dreams to go to aTm, at least you are making it out and going to tech, which their PGE is school is pretty good, along w/ their arch school, but that is about it...

aTm of course has a great Engr college, PGE being right up there w/ UT (usually switch every other year or so), and of course their ag, and vet school being amung the best, but i dont see their business school being TOO outstanding..

Just bc im biased on the football field doesnt mean im biast educationaly. You wouldnt know that bc you have some case of ****** syndrome where you think i just only run along sports... I am always about education first, bc w/o that, i would not get a bad *** job to pay for my hobbies.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

WTF is wrong w/ you... ******* lame, I guess you didnt know I applied to aTm too

I never claimed UT to be the best in the world, but we do have the #1 PGE school grad and undergrad. Our engineering overall is one of the highest in the world, and our business school ranks around #5.

Not my fault my whole life you have been clouded by hopes and dreams to go to aTm, at least you are making it out and going to tech, which their PGE is school is pretty good, along w/ their arch school, but that is about it...

aTm of course has a great Engr college, PGE being right up there w/ UT (usually switch every other year or so), and of course their ag, and vet school being amung the best, but i dont see their business school being TOO outstanding..

Just bc im biased on the football field doesnt mean im biast educationaly. You wouldnt know that bc you have some case of ****** syndrome where you think i just only run along sports... I am always about education first, bc w/o that, i would not get a bad *** job to pay for my hobbies.
Aww, did I strike a nerve? Seems to be that way with all of the childish name calling; all all I'm doing is defending a school. And by the way, I'm not going to Tech, I'm going to aTm, so get your facts straight. Why don't you go fail out of engineering again.

And until I see proof as to your previous argument, I will believe nothing different.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry I can't e-fight with you anymore, I have work to do. I'm done here.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

this is GRADUATE business school

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

UT is 18, aTm is around 31, Rice is down there too

Business Graduate Schools in the WORLD
http://rankings.ft.com/rankings/mba/rankings.html

UT 62, aTm, not even on the charts

__________________________________________________ ____________________
ENGINEERING COLLEGES

UT engineering graduate programs rank highly

In the annual rankings of academic quality by U.S. News and World Report, the Engineering graduate program ranked twelfth in the nation among 330 accredited engineering schools, and sixth among the public institutions.

The magazine examined 185 engineering schools in its April 12 issue, and UT Austin's departmental engineering programs were all ranked in the top 15 except for the newly created Department of Biomedical Engineering: Aerospace (6th), Chemical (6th), Civil (3rd), Computer (9th), Electrical/Electronics (12th), and Mechanical (13th). Petroleum engineering departments were last ranked in 2005, and that year's rankings placed UT's Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering first in the nation.

The rankings are based on entrance exam scores, student acceptance rates, faculty/student ratios, research dollars awarded, reputation among engineers in academia and industry, Ph.D.s produced, and percentage of faculty elected to membership in the National Academy of Engineering.

“Our strategic plan is focused on being recognized as the top public engineering college in the nation,” noted Ben G. Streetman, dean of UT’s engineering college. As this ranking shows, we are considered 6th among public schools this year. With the help of our alumni and friends in industry and academia, we will continue to remain attentive to what makes an engineering college relevant and of high quality: recruiting the best faculty and students, who in turn make significant contributions to developing technologies that improve society.”

__________________________________________________ _________________

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

Texas > aTm here too
Old 06-30-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

that is what i can find now, but alas, i must go to class, and bonesaw this spanish presentation....

like i said, i did apply to aTm bc equally it was one of the top school for my education, i just got into the better school
Old 06-30-2006, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

this is GRADUATE business school

UT 62, aTm, not even on the charts

I am just an Aggie but it clearly says A&M is 85 (which is on the chart). Not too bad for a program that is about 10 years old.

But A&M, UT, U of H are all good schools which will get you a good job and not break the bank.

Last edited by Boobka; 06-30-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Aww, did I strike a nerve? Seems to be that way with all of the childish name calling; all all I'm doing is defending a school. And by the way, I'm not going to Tech, I'm going to aTm, so get your facts straight. Why don't you go fail out of engineering again.

And until I see proof as to your previous argument, I will believe nothing different.
go look up my information on the directory, i passed all my classes, im still in engineering... thanks

I wont get on your school record... it has pretty much been like this -->
Old 06-30-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Boobka
I am just an Aggie but it clearly says A&M is 85 (which is on the chart). Not too bad for a program that is about 10 years old.

But A&M, UT, U of H are all good schools which will get you a good job and not break the bank.

my b, must of missed while scanning
Old 06-30-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

damn, you go to aTm? you are not in the directory of current students... maybe aTm galveston, or some sat. school

so what are you majoring in?........ lib. arts
Old 06-30-2006, 11:47 AM
LS7 Member

You were unaware of this from the onset of the thread?? At least now you have been educated. Even Jesus couldn't pull UT from a 40 roll.

OH, and by facts posted above