what happens if you dont consent to a search

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:41 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

See TransAmDan had this one figured out, he just had zero interior in the car, thus aint really much to search But I think if you didnt give him the consent to search your making it harder on your self.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"or the officer reasonably believes that he must search the auto for his or her own protection"

so basically that means they can always pull that wild card if you ask them what their PC is.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
"or the officer reasonably believes that he must search the auto for his or her own protection"

so basically that means they can always pull that wild card if you ask them what their PC is.
If you had a CHL they could always say they believed you were concealing a firearm.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu

That's only for weapons, and in the immediate areas where you could have a weapon concealed. In other words, he couldn't search the trunk of a car, or say the toolbox in the back of a truck.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

either way you look at it, regardless if you say "no" to a search, they gonna search it either way . Makes no sense to the amendments that protect the driver. I call it a false sense of security if you ask me

its like having a fence to keep people out, but that ain't gonna stop them from climbing it!!

In other words: you pretty much have no choice, unless you can conjure up some good argument (and know the law to the letter) and happen to outsmart the cop...then...maybe...then...can you say u outsmarted the cop
Old 07-11-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
But best thign to do it just let them search, and get it over with. If you have nothing to hide then why fight it?
Scary thinking there. "The Police Chief announced today that the department will be conducting door to door home searches. If you have nothing to hide, why fight it?"

The Constitution prevents unreasonable searches. Use your rights or lose them.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SJRTX
Scary thinking there. "The Police Chief announced today that the department will be conducting door to door home searches. If you have nothing to hide, why fight it?"

The Constitution prevents unreasonable searches. Use your rights or lose them.
oh you mean like they did in N.O. after katrina, when they went door to door and seized weapons owned by law abiding citizens in the name of 'public safety'?

states all over are in the processing of writing laws to prevent the gov't from overstepping their bounds like that. i believe there is a fed level one in the process too.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:22 PM
LS7 Member

Me and my friend were pulled over at least 3 times and searched while driving his 86 bonnaville back in hs. EVERY time they thought we had drugs or were buying drugs or that we were out looking for hookers :wtf:. Not wanting to get in the way we said "go ahead and search the car" knowning there was nothing in it that was illegal. EVery time they frisked us and we waited 15 minutes for these dick bags to search the car and come up with nothing. The seats of his already older vehicle (only 20k miles though) were slightly torn, and the cops ripped them up more and more every time.

The reasons we were pulled over for:
Not signaling 100 feet before a stop sign
Not waiting long enough while stopping

I will never consent to a search if approached in my vehicle. I've had enough of that bullshit.