Old 07-12-2006 | 02:56 PM
TECH Pimp

Interesting..
Old 07-12-2006 | 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this shop sounds horrible.. call tha texas attorney generals office:

taken straight from their website:

"The Attorney General's Role-
The Attorney General protects consumers and the legitimate business community by filing civil lawsuits under the Deceptive Trade Practices Act and other consumer protection statutes.

Lawsuits are filed on behalf of the State of Texas and the public good. This agency cannot represent individual consumers. Nevertheless, some legal actions do produce restitution for individual consumers. Read about major Attorney General consumer protection cases on the lawsuits and settlements page.

Consumer Complaints filed with this agency may form the basis for an investigation into a company's business practices. In some cases, significant numbers of complaints about a business may give rise to legal action, not on behalf of the individual complainants but to enforce state law. The decision to investigate or file a lawsuit is based on a number of factors."

*they can shut them down quite easily if thy find unlawful practices like what has happend to you.

in this situation the shop is a fault, and it sound to me like they have tightened up all the bolts/nuts w/ and impact gun, and were not properly torqued to specs.

trey
Old 07-12-2006 | 03:02 PM
TECH Pimp

Interesting..
Old 07-12-2006 | 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

very interesting.....
Old 07-12-2006 | 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

I've had dealings with the shop as well, however I didn't have any problems personally, but I never had anything installed there.

I just purchased parts from them, and talked shop. I do all my own work (if I can) and install all my own stuff, so if it breaks, I can only blame myself!

They were always willing to discuss how to install things, and give free tips on problems that they had in the past.

Hopefully now that the owner of the shop has noticed this problem, something will be done about it.

If this one is fixed, there is still the other person that had bolts missing from his tranny, motors blown, and multiple transmissions ruined.

Edit: Whoops, I forgot that another person I know had a 500HP motor swap done into his C5, and I had to personally re-do the headers (stripped bolts) plugs, wires, and leaking OPS for him because they didn't do it right.

Last edited by Ouija; 07-12-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2006 | 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea its pretty crazy to say the least. Im not sure who it was that called.. but someone called threatening my life if I didnt stop talking about ART.
Old 07-12-2006 | 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Phlip00WS6
Yea its pretty crazy to say the least. Im not sure who it was that called.. but someone called threatening my life if I didnt stop talking about ART.
Take that striaght to the cops. I would have cops on the doorstep of ART in a heartbeat for more than one reason.

This kinda stuff isnt a joking manner. If someone threatened my life over something like this, I would either take it to the cops or recruit some friends who live on the "other" side of the law....
Old 07-14-2006 | 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

FWIW I was informed today that the shop let the employee go that workd on all the vehicles in question in an attempt to correct some problems.

I hate to see someone lose their job, but I don't know what else could have been done about it.
Old 07-14-2006 | 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by disco192
Take that striaght to the cops. I would have cops on the doorstep of ART in a heartbeat for more than one reason.

This kinda stuff isnt a joking manner. If someone threatened my life over something like this, I would either take it to the cops or recruit some friends who live on the "other" side of the law....

Better start the recruiting, cause you basically have to have a taped recorded conversation to be able to have anything done to someone when it comes to threats, and they have to say they will kill you, not beat you up or anything like that in order to press charges. The DA will not pick up a case with the he said she said crap, won't happen. The charge would be Terroristic Threat.
Old 07-14-2006 | 03:42 PM
Teching In

Well I was hoping this thread would have come to an end. I have contacted Philip and let him know that we will fix all of the problems. I being the shop owner had no idea of Philips issues. Appologies have been made. These issues are unexceptable and we want to make it right. Now as far as the threats go...I'm looking into that myself and I can assure that none of my employees are involved. Why would I want to jeopardize my business over a phone call. I think this thread needs to be locked due to slander towards my business.
Old 07-14-2006 | 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

This thread should not be locked until we, as potential customers, are notified that all of the problems are taken care of. Your business would have never been subject to 'slander' if your customers were taken care of. Sorry to seem like an *******, but it is truely unacceptable to **** up someones car in the first place. Any 'slander' in this thread was deserved. In today's world of immediate communication (internet, etc...) if you screw up with one customer, you screw up with all.
Old 07-14-2006 | 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Phlip00WS6

If was on your cell phone, call the company and pull the phone logs. It will all be there and is easily traced from that point forward by law enforcement officials.

FWIW, I've heard other instances of similiar bad mechanicing from ART from folks that HAVE NOT stepped up publically. I'm glad steps are being made to remedy the problem now (better late than never in my book) and I wish Cody nothing but the best for his business from this point forward.
Old 07-14-2006 | 08:39 PM
9 Second Club

Philip.... Please post up and provide more info. I am sorry... If that is what a shop has done to the car, I wouldnt want the owner to just make it right with the same sorry *** mechanic that has no pride or knowlege in their work.

If he refunded all my money... and fixed my car... maybe

If he fired the mechanic and offered to simply fix my car... maybe

But wanting to make it right by having the same fucktard touch my car again?!? Hell NO!

EDIT: I just read the ART post... good to see. I think its good that you took the actions that you did. I dont believe that the thread should be locked as these forums are the only way we (consumers) can keep shops honest.

ART, IMHO the way to go would be fix the customer, address the other customers that are complaining... they are either legit complaints or not. Then when a customer is happy and you fixed the experience... these same threads / forums will talk about your fix. They will build confidence in customers... and will (through continued good experience of customers) eventully bring you additional buisness.

Last edited by longrange4u; 07-14-2006 at 08:45 PM.