4+ years w/ Kids Stressing the Wife out.... she needs some friends!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by malibu9in
Make sure the friends she does meet are ALL married. Yall seem like good folk but if she hasnt let her hair down yet because of getting pregant at a early age beware. Just a though.
Good advice here - as is the church suggestion.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm sure i know what she's feeling, cuz since i moved 2000 miles, the only real 'friends' i have are the ones that i've 'inherited' from my roomate. because of the nature of the work i do, i dont tend to meet many people my age, so if it wasn't for LS1Tech, i dont think i'd really have much of a shot at meeting new people my age.

therefore, my suggestion is for her to find some sort of club that has regular meetings (ya know, like LS1Tech in DFW used to)
Old 07-13-2006, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RGV_Z28
I feel for you, my girlfriend got pregnant in high school and we left to finish early at an alternative school, so we basically left all of our friends behind. I'm the oppostie though, outgoing and friendly. Having a local f-body forum helps also. She goes with me everywhere, from cam swaps to the track, and frankly I just want to be alone sometimes so I can talk about boobies with other guys. I'm 20 and shes 19, so bar hopping is out of the question. My girl needs friends her age also to go shopping, nails, etc....
I work in a professional environment. Sales Consulting.

She hasnt had a job since High School... she turns 24 tommorow. She is outgoin once she meets someone.. just not the courage to strike up a convo like me! She did get pregnant early... not really planned.. but not avoided. I make really good money, so keeping her at home has been a decision (for the kids, it is also a sacrifice on her sanity) she is a great mom and does better than any day care! She has only been drunk once. she doesnt do drugs and doesnt have an attitude. The shy think and lack of getting out is where the problem comes from.. but with 2 kids it is not easy to get out alot together. I am willing to watch the kids but need some girls for her to hangout with. ya know what i am sayin?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

she went to the adoption event for the dane rescue... to many old ladies and such. nothing in common but the dogs. She doesnt fit in... maybe because she is actually pretty. lol
Old 07-13-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
I work in a professional environment. Sales Consulting.

She hasnt had a job since High School... she turns 24 tommorow. She is outgoin once she meets someone.. just not the courage to strike up a convo like me! She did get pregnant early... not really planned.. but not avoided. I make really good money, so keeping her at home has been a decision (for the kids, it is also a sacrifice on her sanity) she is a great mom and does better than any day care! She has only been drunk once. she doesnt do drugs and doesnt have an attitude. The shy think and lack of getting out is where the problem comes from.. but with 2 kids it is not easy to get out alot together. I am willing to watch the kids but need some girls for her to hangout with. ya know what i am sayin?

careful, u may cause more harm than good.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by treysoucie
careful, u may cause more harm than good.

no way... you have no understanding of my marriage. I have been married 5 years.. I met my wife 7 years ago at one of my football games in highschool. I want her to meet other women.. not guys! Not everything you see on tv is true... some people are cheaters.. others are not. We happen to have weathered the storms of a relationship. She justs needs more breaks from the kids. Bar hopping is not something she enjoys doing more than 1 or 2 times a year. Change of scenery sort of thing.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no way... you have no understanding of my marriage. I have been married 5 years.. I met my wife 7 years ago at one of my football games in highschool. I want her to meet other women.. not guys! Not everything you see on tv is true... some people are cheaters.. others are not. We happen to have weathered the storms of a relationship. She justs needs more breaks from the kids. Bar hopping is not something she enjoys doing more than 1 or 2 times a year. Change of scenery sort of thing.

dont mean like that.
i mean, what if they other girls end up not liking your wife? or think she's annoying er sumthing? could end up hurting her feelings, and making her depressed.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

I hear ya on the Church thing. We went to at least a dozen churches when we were living in Georgia, trying to find one we liked. Seems that them folks over there like hail, fire, and brimstone to rain down during the sermon. Veins start popping out of the preachers' forehead, the bible starts a-slammin', and the Amen Section (first 3 pews to the preachers' left) goes on a constant vigil of backing up his sentences. Actually quite amusing. I couldn't stand it. Definitely a real effort to find a church where you're comfortable. Around here, it seems that moms fit in easier than dads... or maybe that's just me.

or maybe stuff like I love beer... yet go to a Southern Baptist church
Old 07-13-2006, 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

I'm a mommy and a wife. We do need breaks. I wish only that we lived closer.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by treysoucie
dont mean like that.
i mean, what if they other girls end up not liking your wife? or think she's annoying er sumthing? could end up hurting her feelings, and making her depressed.
nope... she never met someone that didnt like her... she is honest and very kind hearted. only thing that hurts her is the ugly girls think she is snobby cuz she is pretty b4 she has a chance to say hi.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hope she finds some friends... **** would suck being couped up, and not having any friends around.

g/l,
trey
Old 07-13-2006, 03:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Heck I will put together a girls night out. I am good at that sort of thing. Joe hates it because then he is home alone with our girl (mercedes is a 2 year old beagle mix) but she thinks she is human. I do this sort of thing all of the time with the guys at Racing Solutions and there wifes. Let me know and I can put something together for a saturday night.

Thanks,
Amber
T56Rebuilds.com
Old 07-13-2006, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

I know that when i started playing sports and stuff like t-ball when i was young my mom and dad met alot of their friends that they are still friends with to this day.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:59 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Can I come to girls night out? I need a woman.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Can I come to girls night out? I need a woman.
you mean the vette's just not doin' it for ya, mike? loser

Charlie Hustle: pleae check out my profile.

Trey - lol. I'm not shallow nor am I a "hater" my main thing is a sense of humor so if you can make me laugh you're in...and not like that either.

Forteen3GT - Don't listen to these guys on here. They're talkin' out their booties. Just because you guys have been together forever does not mean that she's gonna turn on you and then go crazy. I've never been one to go out and "**** it up" and I have no desire to. Granted, I've been out to clubs, hell I used to go out with my best friend thursday - saturday. But now, clubs get old I'd prefer to sit at home and cook dinner and watch tv as opposed to really going out. I don't mind going out for a few drinks now and then but anything more than that's 'eh.' But, I have seen plenty of relationships "high school sweethearts" and such crumble - those that everyone thought would be together FOREVER, got married, had kids, then got divorced shortly after. It's all relative, and all depends on the people.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by obseSSed
you mean the vette's just not doin' it for ya, mike? loser

Charlie Hustle: pleae check out my profile.

Trey - lol. I'm not shallow nor am I a "hater" my main thing is a sense of humor so if you can make me laugh you're in...and not like that either.

Forteen3GT - Don't listen to these guys on here. They're talkin' out their booties. Just because you guys have been together forever does not mean that she's gonna turn on you and then go crazy. I've never been one to go out and "**** it up" and I have no desire to. Granted, I've been out to clubs, hell I used to go out with my best friend thursday - saturday. But now, clubs get old I'd prefer to sit at home and cook dinner and watch tv as opposed to really going out. I don't mind going out for a few drinks now and then but anything more than that's 'eh.' But, I have seen plenty of relationships "high school sweethearts" and such crumble - those that everyone thought would be together FOREVER, got married, had kids, then got divorced shortly after. It's all relative, and all depends on the people.

with my obsessive fishing addiction, and working out at the gym when im not working full time... i just dont think i have the time for a woman in my life, but if u ever get lonely and wanna do a one nighter dont be afraid to pm me!
lol, jk....

trey
Old 07-17-2006, 08:34 AM
10 Second Club

wasnt this thread about my wife??? lol!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wasnt this thread about my wife??? lol!!!

lol, **** got hijacked...

back to the topic....