Just got charged with Evading.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 01:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just going to jail is punishment enough.... even for an entire day. In my opinion the court system these days is all about $$$$! They could care less about your driving record or insurance, it's their wallet there looking out for.
Good luck.

J
Old 07-19-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
Just going to jail is punishment enough.... even for an entire day. In my opinion the court system these days is all about $$$$! They could care less about your driving record or insurance, it's their wallet there looking out for.
Good luck.

J
Yup, one day in jail for me was too much. As of now, Im totally settled down now. Only place I will be playing at is the track. This sure is going to give me a lighter wallet, but definately learned my lesson for speeding. I look at this now as sign from God, protecting me from something worse. For sure straightening up and cleaning up my act.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for being over quick, good luck. This will go on for at min 6-12 months. Depeneds on which judge your in front of, the DA and what kind of case they think they have. Get ready to go to the court month after month to get reset and be ready to tell them you will take it to trial. What will probably happen is they will plea with you to a wreckless driving charge and still put you on probation. Since this is now in criminal court, it cannot be downed to just speeding. Every time you go, they will offer less and less. But be ready to go to trial if you have to, if you have the stomach for it and not plea out just to be done with it. If you get put on probation, get ready to pay the system more and more money, it is BS. This charge is a Felony, so it is a very serious charge. Hopefully you have a experienced attorney, and not one that will just plea your case out and tell you just to take it. Good luck

J
Old 07-19-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Pimp

If you need a good lawyer pm me I was in the same situation and got everything dropped. Let me know.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Doomsday
Thanks again,
I already got a lawyer, see what happens. There going to check what the police has on me along with any video. My next court date is a month from now. Wish it was tomorrow to get it over with. Wish I had some video to see, because like I said I had been going the speed limit after seeing another police car just cruising up in the front with no lights or siren. Then, a few minutes later I got pulled over. I cant imagine ever getting a speeding ticket after this, its a real nightmare and I have never been this stressed out. Really hard to take it day by day. I'm actually more anxious about this than getting my car back with the new motor. I will keep you guys posted on what happens, keep me in your prayers.
Just relax man. You will be laughing about this whole incident in a couple of years. Remember there is nothing money can't fix. All of this will be a memory very soon.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my dad got hit with evading last year but it was thrown out after the knuckle heads couldn't keep their story straight. if you need a good lawyer PM
Old 07-20-2006, 05:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by _Zac
If you need a good lawyer pm me I was in the same situation and got everything dropped. Let me know.
The good old days... LMFAO...

Coach
Old 07-22-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by OffroadZ7102
The good old days... LMFAO...

Coach
lol If i remember correctly it was something along the lines of
What are you doing don't be a ***** we got this
Old 07-22-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

i was nailed for topping my bike out on hwy 287 that runs down the middle of ghetto in fort worth at 1am, woke 2 officers up sitting on service road. they said they had me at 142mph as i was going by, i didnt see them, im focused on the road. i hit 184 indicated before i let off at the rev limiter. i slowed down, at about 70 mph i look back, cause there was one other guy riding with me, i was waiting on him to catch up. as soon as i saw the lights in a distance behind him, i pulled over. i was pulled over waiting for them. they got out, mad as hell asking what the hell i was thinking, i told them, 1 am, open road, 3 lanes wide, why not? he said well that sounds like the truth, go on about your business, after showing proof of insurance and Class M!!!

so i got lucky. i have been lucky in fort worth several times. doing wheelies down the highway at the speed limit or less. Got pulled over, he says well your werent speeding, you looked as if you were under control, perfectly balanced, man... how the hell do you do that, pretty sweet, BUT you cant do that in my city!!! bitches at me some more about how dangerous that is. im like i know, i have been down at 84mph, so i know what it feels like, doesnt feel good. writes me for expired inspection sticker. this has happened several times, no wheelie ticket or speeding ticket, writes me for something that is not up in DOT code on my bike. so i guess houston has nothing better to do except be traffic cops aka we call them traffic cowboys up here and put on fake chases and take riders to jail.

if there he was a pursuit, as soon as he throws the lights on the video starts rolling, so he better hope he had the lights on with some video. otherwise it will look like a normal traffic stop by the time he caught up to you. also dispatch records should show when he calls in for back up because you are "evading", an officer isnt going to pursue an evading vehicle alone, ever. which the other cop getting on should have had his lights on entering the pursuit and he didnt. a friend of mine is a fort worth officer another friend of mine is a sgt in the city i live in, we get into the debat over running or evading all of the time, when on bikes, oh and they are sport riders too. its actually going to be hard for this officer to plea his case if he didnt follow department protocol.

dallas just released a no chase policy unless you were fleaing a seen of a crime or have committed a felony and were already identified as being the person that committed the felony. otherwise if you stay in it long enough, they will drop back, lights off.

'04 ZX10 is a fast as hell bike. if you wanted to push your limit you could have wasted that cop. you have an RC51 which is a bad *** track bike, if you know how to ride and hit the turns and corners, you could have broken away. i believe you werent running based on what you have said. and what my personal experience has been like.

go to dfwsportbike.com and post your bikes up on that site. there are about 3k riders in DFW that frequent that site. you may get some hits.

im actually about to sell my 929 for some of the same reasons you are selling your bikes. i have been pulled over many times, pushing my lucky, i have become pretty skillful on stunting the bike. i have a 16month old kid. im in school finishing up my brokers license for real estate. i have been a realtor for 9 years. its time to move on. plus im having a LS2 403 built for my Z06, short block is done, i need heads, cam, headers, clutch and all of the other stuff to make this complete.

good luck bro!

Last edited by Blown04Z06; 07-22-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Man that sucks, and you werent even running. Fight it and chalk it up as a learning experience. I had a friend who ran from a DPS officer in Georgia and wrecked his bike, so it could certainly be worse....
Old 07-23-2006, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

the bottom line is whether or not you knew it,you were evading.by your own admission you were weaving in and out of traffic and exceeding the speed limit.have a lawyer plead the case down.plead no contest and move on with your life.hindsight is always clearer than foresight.remember that.lesson learned.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I would like nothing more than to move on. Hopefully it works out, for sure lesson learned. I got pulled over on the RC51. Been riding for 5 years, never had this happen to me. One speeding ticket on my bike and one in my car. Just love 2 ride, but must move on if I cant slow my *** down.