Anybody been to Inks lake?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 08:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Anybody been to Inks lake?

We are thinking about going to Inks Lake for vscation. They do have a cabin available. Looking for suggestions on what to do in area. Is it a good place to go?
Old 07-31-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

inks lake is da ****.... get wasted, and jump off the cliff's.... got bada$$ hiking trails too....

bring a boat or jetski too!
Old 07-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Inks lake is really nice, although not as nice as it used to be.. fishing isnt as good as it used to be either, but still a good vacation spot. marble falls, kingsland and burnet are pretty close to the lake, there is a really good resturaunt called the bluebonnet cafe in marble falls, some of the best breakfast food you'll eat in texas. coopers bbq in llano has some really good food too, open pit . longhorn cavern state park is probly a 15 minute drive from inks. we took a daytrip to enchanted rock and did some hiking there before, nice view. let's see, what else..they do have a golf course on the lake, although i haven't played on it myself. my family and i actually had reservations there in a couple weeks, ended up canceling due to school schedule.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:53 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Went last summer and had a great time. We got a camp site were the water came right up to the back of our camp area. We stayed four days and it still wasnt long enough. We fished all day and into the night. They sell fire wood there and also have a grill at each camp site. You can`t drink out there so just pour your beer into cups.LOL. You can swim and go to the Devils water hole and jump off the cliff. Just make sure you watch were other people are jumping befor you jump so you don`t jump and hit the bottom. Another good thing to do durring the HOT part of the day is drive out to the cavern. I`m not 100% sure but I think the cave is called Longhorn Cavern. It is abot 15 minutes away from the lake. The fishing was OK. I didn`t catch anything but pearch for bait but my son caught a gar and the daughters boyfriend cought a few large mouth bass and a striped bass when he took his little paddel boat out. Make sure after you eat you put all your food where animals can`t get to it. We lost two loafs of bread to squirrels and had some wildlife going through our garbage outside the tent. I wish I had a gun because I was hungry for BBQ squirrel that week.LOL You`ll have fun.

Last edited by al; 08-01-2006 at 02:16 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by al
You can swin and go to the Devils water hole and jump off the cliff. Just make sure you watch were other people are jumping befor you jump so you don`t jump and hit the bottom.

yeah, be careful going there.. we backed our boat into the area before, and some parts of it are really shallow because of the rocks sticking up, so might not want to dive off. there has actually been at least one person killed there that i know of, and several times an ambulance had been called to the area. if it rains the days before, if you follow the stream up about 1/4 mile there is a waterfall that runs pretty good. 6-7 are usually the best cabins, and i think 9 was pretty nice as well.