Texas Fastest Street Car Summer Shakedown August 19th, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZipZ28
Is that an open invitation?
sure is pops...i'll make a notch on the dash just for you too. you better be ready to put that ole Z on the bumper to hang homie!! give me a call sometime, i called you the other night but noone answered.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
sure is pops...i'll make a notch on the dash just for you too. you better be ready to put that ole Z on the bumper to hang homie!! give me a call sometime, i called you the other night but noone answered.
Yeah that caller id is the **** aint it
Old 08-21-2006, 06:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZipZ28
Yeah that caller id is the **** aint it
another friend huh Skippy??
Old 08-21-2006, 06:35 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
The gayest thing is a f-ing True 10.5 car running a 6.90 at 190mph and winning the Fastest STREETCAR Shootout!

How in the world can you attract real street cars to compete when you allow crap like that to go on? There should be a 40 mile cross town cruiz first... then all cars come in from the drive... go straight to the staging lines, and have a 1 hour cooling period, then race them. That is a street car... in traffic... 100deg out side... light to light... then raced! JMHO
Old 08-21-2006, 06:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by longrange4u

How in the world can you attract real street cars to compete when you allow crap like that to go on? There should be a 40 mile cross town cruiz first... then all cars come in from the drive... go straight to the staging lines, and have a 1 hour cooling period, then race them. That is a street car... in traffic... 100deg out side... light to light... then raced! JMHO

I agree... streetcar is streetable.... I plan to send an email to Texas Motorplex about this.... I suggest you fellas take the time and follow suit. The idea makes it a nice event.... they ruined it for the future in my opinion..... I wont care to go if the TT5 cars are going to win every year!

My father in law said that once one does it.... all the others will show up here forward!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Addict

The Mustang that went up against the PRO MOD is extremly streetable, we went and told them to go on a 20 mile ride with him and he will pull back in and run right down the track. But that Pro Mod would have no part of that for some reason, oh and the 8.90's flamed up blue Mustang also goes to Kennedale and runs in the Lincoln Tech Shootouts and I believe parachutes are not allowed on the streets. But hey again I could be wrong, I am not bitter I just appreciatte people following the guidelines of there class and not being made the exception just to line the track owners pockets.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the Silver 68' model Camaro with the racing stripes? He had no wheelie bars or parachute, but he still ran a 9.0 at 150 or so.. His car was a true street car was it not??. He even had full interior too..
Old 08-21-2006, 08:54 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
What about the Silver 68' model Camaro with the racing stripes? He had no wheelie bars or parachute, but he still ran a 9.0 at 150 or so.. His car was a true street car was it not??. He even had full interior too..
That sounds closer... 9.0's are possible in a street car. I just think that you should have to do more than show up with a sticker to race. I think you should have to go on a 30-50 mile, in traffic, drive. THEN race... who can question if its streetable if it can do that?
Old 08-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
another friend huh Skippy??
yeah, me and Zip have only been friends for about 4 years now.... it sucks that you can't gather sarcasm over the internet. hows that gigantic hole in your air filter working out for ya? dry hop....hhahhahah, reminds me of old 1974 funny cars...
Old 08-21-2006, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Hell at Fun Ford weekend they had a 30 mile cruise I believe before they started the fastest street car thing..
Old 08-21-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That car was sweet but I believe it was a 69 was it not?
Old 08-21-2006, 09:25 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah it might have been.. My bad..
Old 08-21-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

98% of the TT5 true street class cars are streetable
Old 08-21-2006, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by longrange4u

i am in 100% agreement with you if you are gonna advertise for a "street car" then they should have to prove that they are "streetable"

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
The Mustang that went up against the PRO MOD is extremly streetable, we went and told them to go on a 20 mile ride with him and he will pull back in and run right down the track. But that Pro Mod would have no part of that for some reason, oh and the 8.90's flamed up blue Mustang also goes to Kennedale and runs in the Lincoln Tech Shootouts and I believe parachutes are not allowed on the streets. But hey again I could be wrong, I am not bitter I just appreciatte people following the guidelines of there class and not being made the exception just to line the track owners pockets.
Okay that was a badass mustang and i was thinking that it would win that is until the pro mod showed up and ran... see him run last yr at fun ford and that car kicks ***! ! !

this car was totally awesome was thinking for sure he would have had a shot

the really sad thing about this whole deal is now nobody is gonna want to race this.. I have also sent a email to the motorplesx saying how wrong it is to let this kinda stuff happen and that there should be a cruise in track to prove the "streetability" of the car
Old 08-22-2006, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

. hows that gigantic hole in your air filter working out for ya? dry hop....hhahhahah, reminds me of old 1974 funny cars...
Let me guess... of the 13 passes I made you are only talking about the 2 where the car hopped and I let out??

They must of been the only ones you saw.

As far as the hole... I have a cut in the filter for the nitrous to spray directly to the TB. It is a clean and inconspiquous setup IMO.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Banned

i'm not talking about when you staged. i am talking about when you did your burnout and then DRY HOPPED before you staged... ala ghetto yellow belly ****.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
I found out a little more info on the "Pro Mod" Camaro

They have antique vehicle plates on the car (25 years or older) that states they don't need an inspection sticker by Texas state law. Although, it does have just about everything to pass as legal. But, of course it isn't a "real" street car by any means. I'd rather see some type of cruise for this event as well.. a cruise will separate the real street cars from the others in a hurry, especially in the heat.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Regular

i like the idea of a 20 mile or so cruise, then you cant change anything when you get to the track. that would be a true STREET CAR event. how could we make this happen?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by trouse40
i like the idea of a 20 mile or so cruise, then you cant change anything when you get to the track. that would be a true STREET CAR event. how could we make this happen?

Old 08-23-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'm not talking about when you staged. i am talking about when you did your burnout and then DRY HOPPED before you staged... ala ghetto yellow belly ****.
I think he was just testing the track thats all. And whats wrong with a little dry hop? Its a crowd pleaser.