DFW folks.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFW folks.

Looking to borrow some 5.3/6.0 manifolds for about 2 weeks to CNC cut some flanges for...If anyone has a set laying around they dont mind loaning out for a few weeks or just wants to get rid of let me know. I need to cut flanges to mate up to the head and some to connect mid pipes for the truck guys that want to run custom no catted exhaust off the stock manifolds. TIA. compensation could be arranged.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Looking to borrow some 5.3/6.0 manifolds for about 2 weeks to CNC cut some flanges for...If anyone has a set laying around they dont mind loaning out for a few weeks or just wants to get rid of let me know. I need to cut flanges to mate up to the head and some to connect mid pipes for the truck guys that want to run custom no catted exhaust off the stock manifolds. TIA. compensation could be arranged.
13 views and no one knows of any laying around?
Old 08-29-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

mike, i got some 5.3 headers off my 01 sierra in my garage. PM me and we'll arrange something
Old 08-29-2006, 03:18 PM
9 Second Club

Ill see if I have some @ the shop. If I do Ill get them and give them to you in NB. But I think the metal collector guy has allready been to the shop.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TEX02SS
mike, i got some 5.3 headers off my 01 sierra in my garage. PM me and we'll arrange something
That should work...I think the mating flanges are all the same from 01 up..

Ill shoot you a pm..

Thanks as well JMBlown....im telling you man...you should come down and toss some beers back with us at the campsites....we could learn alot from each other
Old 08-30-2006, 10:34 AM
9 Second Club

Ill shoot you a pm..

Thanks as well JMBlown....im telling you man...you should come down and toss some beers back with us at the campsites....we could learn alot from each other
I get back into town Saturday. Im going to port O conor then Im going out on my boat later in the afternoon. Now Saturday night I might take you up on that offer. Im always open to more info. Just because we dont agree on the net doesnt mean we cant have a beer and shoot the **** LOL I never forget when I met Aron from falfurrias texas with the blacked out TA and he told me about you. That was a long time ago!
Old 08-30-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Junkie

I have a set you can borrow pm me to work something out.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Ill shoot you a pm..

Mike... Billy at TRT has tons at his shop in Arlington..... of course you and him may not be the best of friends........?? But what do I know...... I only read what peeps post on threads!!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
I get back into town Saturday. Im going to port O conor then Im going out on my boat later in the afternoon. Now Saturday night I might take you up on that offer. Im always open to more info. Just because we dont agree on the net doesnt mean we cant have a beer and shoot the **** LOL I never forget when I met Aron from falfurrias texas with the blacked out TA and he told me about you. That was a long time ago!
Hmm...Aaron doesnt ring a bell...Neither does Fulfuirias (sp) TX...tell me more...For reals man...a night around the camp fire, and booze flowing...Interesting and fun times! Crazy times too..lol
Old 08-30-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by redaddiction
I have a set you can borrow pm me to work something out.
I think i have a set im picking up soon...Im using them to make flanges for....Trying to cut some cost on making off road y's for the truck guys and paying $40 for a small piece of stainless is OBSURD!

I also need some LS1 header flanges so I can take measurements off of them too instead of dragging 2 seperate sets up to the shop...

Ill let you know if the other backs out. Thanks Mark.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
Mike... Billy at TRT has tons at his shop in Arlington..... of course you and him may not be the best of friends........?? But what do I know...... I only read what peeps post on threads!!!!
Billy is alright guy, just dont car for the stuff he sells.

Anser me this? Why did he take that STS setup off his car...

I barked at him on 20 heading towards the parks mall one evening and i noticed the stock catback was back on the car. This was at least a year ago though so he may have reinstalled it or something.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

Billy is alright guy, just dont car for the stuff he sells.

Anser me this? Why did he take that STS setup off his car...

I barked at him on 20 heading towards the parks mall one evening and i noticed the stock catback was back on the car. This was at least a year ago though so he may have reinstalled it or something.
that LT1 was Dustins..... it was Dusty's daily driver.... he sold it to some chump in Mansfield who put Skulls and stuff on it... poor car. Billy sold his TA to help finance the business......

He has branched off into other things... hence the name change from Texas Rear Turbos to TRT Performance. I is doing alot of truck work lately. Still installs a few STS.... right now he is working on a custom Twin Front Mount setup on a road course car and just finished the only real STS car..... KLRWS6.......... the black one on the site.... and Mike you know that car runs good for a street car .all the others are Turbo only cars
Old 08-30-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
that LT1 was Dustins..... it was Dusty's daily driver.... he sold it to some chump in Mansfield who put Skulls and stuff on it... poor car. Billy sold his TA to help finance the business......

He has branched off into other things... hence the name change from Texas Rear Turbos to TRT Performance. I is doing alot of truck work lately. Still installs a few STS.... right now he is working on a custom Twin Front Mount setup on a road course car and just finished the only real STS car..... KLRWS6.......... the black one on the site.... and Mike you know that car runs good for a street car .all the others are Turbo only cars
No I dont agree for the power that Christians car makes, that its a good running street car...Sure it will mph up there once it gets going...but.......

Im talking about the SOM Formula we all went for a drive in when he took it by Lanes shop. Thats the car I barked on..