SFA/Nacogdoches & Surrounding areas, Lets plan a GTG.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, It appears that I was the only one to show . I got there at 8:03 pm and stayed until 8:45, then I drove up and down North St. and made a few passes down College St.

I spoke with a guy in a TA while driving, he wasn't aware of the meet but said he'd look for the thread, and I spotted a Red SS Anniversary Edition headed towards Wal-mart but I was going to other way. I've seen this car around campus but im not sure who it is.

That was it, I'm not sure what happened with everyone but maybe we'll have a better turn out next time.

If someone has a better plan/time/location for a meet, please reply.

Christian
Old 09-13-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

i post mine up i cant meet up with y'all my maf sensor is dead so the car wont run im still waiting for the sensor get home...when i install and it ready to hit the road again...keep the forum if we could meet again then..let me know thanks
Old 09-13-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I brought a truck up to school this week because I put my car in the shop over the weekend. I will have it back up tho for next tuesday. That 35th, I believe, lives over in steen. I know there is also a black t/a lowered on fm5's that lives in steen as well. But like I said before I'm still new hear and am not familiar with everybody here.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, guys I woulda tried to show up if I had seen this thread. Brian, I'm the dude with Fm/5's.

Guys, set up another date/location and I'll show up. Cheers!
Old 09-14-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sounds good with me.. What date looks good?

Brian, Why is your car in the shop??? Scheduled Maint. or Something else?

Matt, I was going to PM you and let you know but I forgot, Sorry.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by UB2SLO
That sounds good with me.. What date looks good?

Brian, Why is your car in the shop??? Scheduled Maint. or Something else?

Matt, I was going to PM you and let you know but I forgot, Sorry.
forged 408

haha i wish, nah just worn tie rods getting replaced.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brian2006
forged 408

haha i wish, nah just worn tie rods getting replaced.

That is a wish I think we all have made.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

hey brian i think i saw ur car around town...iam driving a white t/a w/ the 2 blue stripe on it
Old 09-17-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

hmmmmm where at and when? I haven't had it but the first two weeks of school. I really hate havin it up here. I'm used to having my own garage and not all this god foresaken dust and bugs on the road.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

Well about a month after the last post I find this forum!!! Well im the guy with the 35th anny SS. I just moved back to nac from San Marcos for this semester. I think I have seen a few of you around town....Lets get something going there are a lot of sweet rides in nac we just need to organize something! A good place to go is Pine Valley Raceway in Dibol. I will try and post a new forum to make a list of nactown rides so look for it and let me know who you are so we can add you to the list.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by durrettcustoms
Well about a month after the last post I find this forum!!! Well im the guy with the 35th anny SS. I just moved back to nac from San Marcos for this semester. I think I have seen a few of you around town....Lets get something going there are a lot of sweet rides in nac we just need to organize something! A good place to go is Pine Valley Raceway in Dibol. I will try and post a new forum to make a list of nactown rides so look for it and let me know who you are so we can add you to the list.
I heard pine valley sucks. Heard track prep was horrible and small lanes. I haven't seen your car but I think the 35th ann at steen mentioned was the vert I've seen. Has SFA cheer sticker on the back window and I've seen a dude driving it

Anyways I'm taking my car this weekend in Houston to stay there. i'm tired of people up here messing with my car and I hate to have it in a parking lot. BUT if something for real gets organized I will pick it up over the weekend and bring it back up here.

Let me know
Old 10-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Launching!

I heard pine valley sucks. Heard track prep was horrible and small lanes. I haven't seen your car but I think the 35th ann at steen mentioned was the vert I've seen. Has SFA cheer sticker on the back window and I've seen a dude driving it

Anyways I'm taking my car this weekend in Houston to stay there. i'm tired of people up here messing with my car and I hate to have it in a parking lot. BUT if something for real gets organized I will pick it up over the weekend and bring it back up here.

Let me know
That sucks. The area has a bunch of certified dumbasses that don't have **** and take it out on cars they wish they could have. I had a couple custom cars there 15 years ago and it was basically the same ****. Couldn't leave it in the parking lot for a movie without worrying if it would be keyed or shoe polished when I came out.

Bad part is that there are also a lot of good people in the car scene (especially old school), so it's a catch 22.

Anything happening next weekend (28th)?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigRon77
That sucks. The area has a bunch of certified dumbasses that don't have **** and take it out on cars they wish they could have. I had a couple custom cars there 15 years ago and it was basically the same ****. Couldn't leave it in the parking lot for a movie without worrying if it would be keyed or shoe polished when I came out.

Bad part is that there are also a lot of good people in the car scene (especially old school), so it's a catch 22.

Anything happening next weekend (28th)?

Let's get somethin going. I have yet to meet a single car guy in person that isn't a ricer. Let me know and I'm in.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Has SFA cheer sticker on the back window and I've seen a dude driving it

I've seen that SS with the Cheer sticker.. I don't know who's that is, I think its a convertable.

Im down for what and when ever, I have tests this week and next week, so Im tied up with that. But, will try to attend, if something is planned.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lufkin has its monthly car show the first saturday of every month
starting around 6ish till the crowd all goes home. It's held next to
Ray's Drive In on 59 business(Timberland Drive)across from Sonic.
Anyone interested just show up and there is always a good crowd
of old and new. Several LS-1 Corvettes and a few f-body's always
make the scene. And if anyone would like to set up a track day I'm
in for sure just post up....
Old 10-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Launching!

I'll be in on Saturday the 28th. Probably go over to East Texas Race Cars and the Harley place in the afternoon. I'll post up a cell # next week if anybody wants to meet up and shoot the breeze before I head back to Dallas.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

Well just let me know and Im in as well........I have also seen the vert 35th anny......Mine is ttop as you can see by the sig pic.......mine is also pretty loud running lt headers and a ypipe with turndown. Oh by the way I ran a 12.76 @ pinevalley on a 235/55/16 tire (Dont ask) but I havnt been there in over a year so I dunno. Other than that we can screw with the ricers. There is one guy that works at chicken express who drives a pretty nice Tiburon lol he asked if i wanted to race him and told me they meet somewhere, cant remeber now but if anyone wants to screw with some ricers I can find out.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by durrettcustoms
Well just let me know and Im in as well........I have also seen the vert 35th anny......Mine is ttop as you can see by the sig pic.......mine is also pretty loud running lt headers and a ypipe with turndown. Oh by the way I ran a 12.76 @ pinevalley on a 235/55/16 tire (Dont ask) but I havnt been there in over a year so I dunno. Other than that we can screw with the ricers. There is one guy that works at chicken express who drives a pretty nice Tiburon lol he asked if i wanted to race him and told me they meet somewhere, cant remeber now but if anyone wants to screw with some ricers I can find out.

I didn't even know there was any domestic cars in this little ole town But I also didn't know there were corvettes in this town much less a yellow c6 z06 that I keep seeing hanging out at java jacks
Old 11-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Whats up Christian, saw ur thread. Did anything develop with trying to revive the meet? Hey Durett, drop me a line I will fix your shift points!
Old 11-30-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey mike,

No luck.. for right now I think its a dead issue. I graduate in a couple of weeks, but I'm not moving, I live in the big city of Alto. So, I'm down for whatever. I talked to casper in lufkin and he's also down for some gtg's.

I see Durett driving around here and there, and I know Brian's car is in Tomball, and there's others in or around the Lufkin/Nac. area but I couldn't get anything up and going.

I figure I'll give it another try in the spring semester.

Later